Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-01-2017, 05:02 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(04-01-2017 03:48 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Got the latest generation of lab equipment working today, after weeks of fiddling around. In order to test our ECUs (electronic cortrol unit, controller, black box) in the lab, for use in the car, we need something that makes the ECU think it is actually in a car, or it wont work properly (display a lot of errors, missing sensors, missing car-buses, etc.).

This lab equipment is "home made", by our industrial engineering group (who needs this for testing in the factory).

Needless to say, its complicated, has a complete and extensive software interface,
but
it doesnt come with a manual, tutorial or anything. Its basically like throwing a dog a bone and saying "have fun".

Then, in the next townhall we will be told again that the R&D/sales ratio is too big and we are too expensive.

How about spending some fucking money for fucking handbooks, fuckers?

But they do have the cash to spend for a x-mas party exclusively for our customers like MoFO..erm FoMoCo. Angry

As a preface, given that it is 3 AM where I live...gotta stop drinking coffee... Facepalm

Do you read the "Dilbert" comic strip? Is it available in Germany? A lot of what happens in that comic strip reflects the reality of working as an engineer. Yes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
04-01-2017, 05:12 AM
(04-01-2017 05:02 AM)Fireball Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 03:48 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Got the latest generation of lab equipment working today, after weeks of fiddling around. In order to test our ECUs (electronic cortrol unit, controller, black box) in the lab, for use in the car, we need something that makes the ECU think it is actually in a car, or it wont work properly (display a lot of errors, missing sensors, missing car-buses, etc.).

This lab equipment is "home made", by our industrial engineering group (who needs this for testing in the factory).

Needless to say, its complicated, has a complete and extensive software interface,
but
it doesnt come with a manual, tutorial or anything. Its basically like throwing a dog a bone and saying "have fun".

Then, in the next townhall we will be told again that the R&D/sales ratio is too big and we are too expensive.

How about spending some fucking money for fucking handbooks, fuckers?

But they do have the cash to spend for a x-mas party exclusively for our customers like MoFO..erm FoMoCo. Angry

As a preface, given that it is 3 AM where I live...gotta stop drinking coffee... Facepalm

Do you read the "Dilbert" comic strip? Is it available in Germany? A lot of what happens in that comic strip reflects the reality of working as an engineer. Yes

Dilbert is like Jesus F. Christ, even to a german engineer, i knew it since i was at university, ┬┤nuff said Bowing

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 2 users Like Deesse23's post
04-01-2017, 06:47 AM
(03-01-2017 04:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-01-2017 11:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So my mother in law passed away on the 30th. Today would have been my mom's birthday tomorrow would be her's (the 3rd of January).

Today, I put my dog down.

How much sadness can a heart take before it just can't take it anymore?

Unfortunately, you don't know until it happens.

So sad about your troubles.

I will tell you what happens. You become shut off to pain and sadness. All you are really capable of is anger. Fortunately for the most part, my anger is for the most part cold. I will retaliate if needed, but in such a way that it looks like I am just minding my own business. I think I can experience happiness on some level. The jury is still out on that one though.
04-01-2017, 06:56 AM
(03-01-2017 04:01 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. I was working the other night and they had a staff member they're trialling out for a supervisor role.
When I left I knew that the store looked fucking horrible. When my boss got in the next morning, yesterday, he was so furious he was seriously considering cancelling his holiday leave. Naturally, he chewed my manager's manager out who chewed my manager out who in turn had a massive bitch to me about said member they were trailing out to become a supervisor, saying that my boss said that she basically lost the position.

Now, I'm not saying I didn't put in 100% effort on purpose because I knew they were testing her out and that I was the only decent one on her team that night and knew nothing would be done unless I did it myself or lit a fire under some Christmas casuals asses. Buuut... if she doesn't get the role I could seriously be line to get the role.
In my defense though, she's suppose to be the 'supervisor' so its her responsibility to make sure shits done, not mine. Not my fault shit wasn't done. You know, I just could of not been a dick about it and done something about it not being done. But that wouldn't benefit me in the long run now would it. Or the store for that matter because it would artificially make her look good when it's my work that got shit done.

I don't understand this trying out as a supervisor shit. How did they work that? Did they tell any of you that she is acting as a supervisor and that she had their backing? The last security job I worked wanted to make me a supervisor. Unfortunately the attitude was "act as the supervisor and we will give you the position.". Kind of hard when two of your co-workers hate you and will not listen to what you say. Now, had my employer told everyone that I am acting supervisor and that they must listen to me or pay the price, that would be the way it should work. I was not mean to anyone. If anything I was the most fair. When I caught things, I was willing to teach others how to catch the same thing. I also would teach the cashiers what to look out for, which is why at first they hated me but actually still miss having me around.
04-01-2017, 06:58 AM
Mate, Birdguy wasn't made in 1979.

Brian Blade plays drums on it. He was a kid way back then.

Geez. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
04-01-2017, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2017 07:30 AM by adey67.)
(04-01-2017 06:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-01-2017 04:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Unfortunately, you don't know until it happens.

So sad about your troubles.

I will tell you what happens. You become shut off to pain and sadness. All you are really capable of is anger. Fortunately for the most part, my anger is for the most part cold. I will retaliate if needed, but in such a way that it looks like I am just minding my own business. I think I can experience happiness on some level. The jury is still out on that one though.

Using someone's grief as a launch pad for one of your nutty rants even if one post removed from the original is pretty low even for you birdy No Sad your post could have been free standing after all it is the ranting corner and boy can you rant !
04-01-2017, 07:52 AM
(04-01-2017 07:23 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-01-2017 06:47 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I will tell you what happens. You become shut off to pain and sadness. All you are really capable of is anger. Fortunately for the most part, my anger is for the most part cold. I will retaliate if needed, but in such a way that it looks like I am just minding my own business. I think I can experience happiness on some level. The jury is still out on that one though.

Using someone's grief as a launch pad for one of your nutty rants even if one post removed from the original is pretty low even for you birdy No Sad your post could have been free standing after all it is the ranting corner and boy can you rant !

I was merely answering a question. Or at least a thought. I know what happens when you reach a certain point. I was simply stating it for the rest of you.
04-01-2017, 07:53 AM
Cheap toilet paper sucks.

Am I right???

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-01-2017, 07:54 AM
(04-01-2017 07:53 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Cheap toilet paper sucks.

Am I right???

You are completely correct.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
04-01-2017, 07:54 AM
(04-01-2017 07:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I was merely answering a question.

That's when the police start hitting you, right?

Banjo.