Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-01-2017, 08:31 PM
RE: Ranting corner
It's not that I want things to be easy. I'm more than willing to face adversity. But they're not even simple. I fucking hate it.

You want to do something and you don't know where to start. What is worth your time. There's always the classic do what's in front of you and the rest will come. Well, yeah, but no. There are better ways to do this, surely. We all have those nagging things we know we could and ought to do, but deem so repugnant for the hardships entailed with them that we just leave them alone at every level of meaningful awareness we muster in our every passing moment.

Reading stuff helps. I already have a few mantras. Keep going. Figure it out and take action.

Life is fucking awful. I'm trying new stuff. I'm hoping repetition (the fucking horror of it) will eventually bring me a semblance of normalcy. Make me forget how utterly fucked up I am. Make my mind shut up for a moment or two. Or a thousand (praise be).

Keep going. Take a moment to find yourself.

I don't know. This is the best that I have right now. I could probably do better than this. I'm sure I can...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like excitedpenguin's post
07-01-2017, 01:39 AM
So I'm laying on the sofa snuggled under a blanket. Watching some tv when I hear police cars with sirens blaring coming down our street.

It's a dead end street. So there's only one way in or out.

Sirens all over the area. Someone's in trouble.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

07-01-2017, 02:39 AM
(07-01-2017 01:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So I'm laying on the sofa snuggled under a blanket. Watching some tv when I hear police cars with sirens blaring coming down our street.

Maybe they are coming for you because it has to be illegal to be as awesome as you are Wink Tongue

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
07-01-2017, 04:38 AM
(06-01-2017 08:31 PM)excitedpenguin Wrote:  It's not that I want things to be easy. I'm more than willing to face adversity. But they're not even simple. I fucking hate it.

You want to do something and you don't know where to start. What is worth your time. There's always the classic do what's in front of you and the rest will come. Well, yeah, but no. There are better ways to do this, surely. We all have those nagging things we know we could and ought to do, but deem so repugnant for the hardships entailed with them that we just leave them alone at every level of meaningful awareness we muster in our every passing moment.

Reading stuff helps. I already have a few mantras. Keep going. Figure it out and take action.

Life is fucking awful. I'm trying new stuff. I'm hoping repetition (the fucking horror of it) will eventually bring me a semblance of normalcy. Make me forget how utterly fucked up I am. Make my mind shut up for a moment or two. Or a thousand (praise be).

Keep going. Take a moment to find yourself.

I don't know. This is the best that I have right now. I could probably do better than this. I'm sure I can...

I ambivalent about these jokers, but maybe give their bulllshit a read: https://80000hours.org/

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-01-2017, 02:21 PM
(07-01-2017 02:39 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 01:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So I'm laying on the sofa snuggled under a blanket. Watching some tv when I hear police cars with sirens blaring coming down our street.

Maybe they are coming for you because it has to be illegal to be as awesome as you are Wink Tongue

While I won't argue the awesome part, alas they weren't coming for me.

My man gets off work at midnight and on his short drive home, he passed several police cars, one followed him until they saw which street he turned down, and then made a u-turn and went back the other way.

Never found out why but didn't really look hard either.

07-01-2017, 04:03 PM
(07-01-2017 02:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 02:39 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Maybe they are coming for you because it has to be illegal to be as awesome as you are Wink Tongue

While I won't argue the awesome part, alas they weren't coming for me.

My man gets off work at midnight and on his short drive home, he passed several police cars, one followed him until they saw which street he turned down, and then made a u-turn and went back the other way.

Sounds like they were looking for someone.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-01-2017, 04:12 PM
(07-01-2017 04:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 02:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  While I won't argue the awesome part, alas they weren't coming for me.

Sounds like they were looking for someone.

We live on a toe of a mountain park and I think they were initially looking at that area, it's a great place for people to try to hide.

Once many years ago, we heard cops walking through the area behind our house, they were yelling, "we have released a police dog and he will bite you when he finds you."

Couldn't see shit but heard someone eventually screaming....so I guess the dog did find them.

07-01-2017, 04:15 PM

[Image: keep-calm-and-batten-down-the-hatches.png]

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
07-01-2017, 04:25 PM
(07-01-2017 04:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 04:03 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Sounds like they were looking for someone.

We live on a toe of a mountain park and I think they were initially looking at that area, it's a great place for people to try to hide.

Once many years ago, we heard cops walking through the area behind our house, they were yelling, "we have released a police dog and he will bite you when he finds you."

Couldn't see shit but heard someone eventually screaming....so I guess the dog did find them.

Ah, that makes sense and bet that dog got a lot of treats afterwards lol

[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
07-01-2017, 04:35 PM
(07-01-2017 04:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 04:12 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  We live on a toe of a mountain park and I think they were initially looking at that area, it's a great place for people to try to hide.

Ah, that makes sense and bet that dog got a lot of treats afterwards lol

We lived for several years at the end of a dead-end street near a main street with lots of convenience stores and gas stations, so we saw quite a few police chases as robbers unfamiliar with the neighborhood found themselves ditching their cars and taking off on foot across the field at the dead end. Every once in a while helicopters would be involved!

I felt sorry for the police chasing the criminals across that field, it was practically impossible to go that way without getting a tick or two.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post