Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
09-01-2017, 11:32 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I evicted a tenant after he pulled a knife on my superintendent. The eviction was filed 45 days ago and cost me $940. Today the Sherriff showed up to let us legally take possession and what we found is destruction and vandalism. I'll be filing a report with the police but other than that I'm out the $940, a month and a half of rent and the cost of repairs that I estimate will be $1,200-$1,600. He owed me 3 months but I have 1 1/2 month security not that it helped me much.

I know landlords get a bad rap but I try to be fair with people, I helped this family out when they fell behind with their rent multiple times over the years and this is the result.

The sad thing for other tenants is that this kind of incident will shape how I treat others in the future. I'll be less patient and understanding and more hard nosed, feelings have little place in business.

End rant.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
09-01-2017, 11:35 AM
(09-01-2017 11:32 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I evicted a tenant after he pulled a knife on my superintendent. The eviction was filed 45 days ago and cost me $940. Today the Sherriff showed up to let us legally take possession and what we found is destruction and vandalism. I'll be filing a report with the police but other than that I'm out the $940, a month and a half of rent and the cost of repairs that I estimate will be $1,200-$1,600. He owed me 3 months but I have 1 1/2 month security not that it helped me much.

I know landlords get a bad rap but I try to be fair with people, I helped this family out when they fell behind with their rent multiple times over the years and this is the result.

The sad thing for other tenants is that this kind of incident will shape how I treat others in the future. I'll be less patient and understanding and more hard nosed, feelings have little place in business.

End rant.

That soooo sucks sorry bro, have a man hug on me Big Grin Hug
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
09-01-2017, 05:18 PM
(09-01-2017 06:28 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I asked him again tonight if he was keen, gave him a few more details and he basically said no.
But I mean of course he would. Why would he say yes?

I'm sorry Muffs.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

09-01-2017, 05:32 PM
(09-01-2017 11:32 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I evicted a tenant after he pulled a knife on my superintendent. The eviction was filed 45 days ago and cost me $940. Today the Sherriff showed up to let us legally take possession and what we found is destruction and vandalism. I'll be filing a report with the police but other than that I'm out the $940, a month and a half of rent and the cost of repairs that I estimate will be $1,200-$1,600. He owed me 3 months but I have 1 1/2 month security not that it helped me much.

End rant.

I hear ya..... I evicted the "tenants" that were living in my place when I was in the service.....

Interesting decor -- "Early American Pigsty"....

It's amazing how some people live. You'd think they'd die off from some virulent infection of some sort........

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
09-01-2017, 05:53 PM
Fb...stupid just spreads like a virus.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-01-2017, 06:08 PM
(09-01-2017 05:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fb...stupid just spreads like a virus.

Yes it does, faster than anything else on there. Laugh out load
[+] 4 users Like pablo's post
09-01-2017, 06:18 PM
(08-01-2017 07:19 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I had FB originally to spy on my kids. I post something about once a week on average.

I only go there to see which ones of us died this month.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-01-2017, 11:26 PM
(08-01-2017 05:48 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(08-01-2017 05:33 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Damn it...

I really dont need to open up facebook and read that my friend is cuddling after sex...

Really to me that's the facebook equivalent of "I just took a shit."

For fucks sake stick to your daily bar check ins..

I'll speak to EA about it. Drinking Beverage

Laugh out load Tongue

10-01-2017, 01:46 AM
The Sherlock season 4 premier was Sunday, January 1.

The Sherlock season 4 finale will be Sunday, January 15.

What the fuck? Three shows is a season? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
10-01-2017, 07:18 AM
I hope my students get here okay. Slid a few times on the highway thanks to the freezing rain, but it was pretty much entirely clear compared to the icy hellscape of a glacier we call a parking lot, which seems to be totally untouched. Took me a while to cross it on foot, and had I fallen, there would have been literally no way to gain enough purchase to stand up again. And it was all of the lot too, not just the Reserved lot that faculty can pay more to park in (but they never clear...); if you're going to have a Winter mini-session, make it safe to actually come to it.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post