Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-01-2017, 07:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-01-2017 10:27 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  opened fb to learn that everyone hates Meryl Streep.

Nah, only arseholes. Trump is weak, his pathetic twitter-masturbation ego stroking confirms it every day.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2017, 07:50 AM
(10-01-2017 01:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  The Sherlock season 4 premier was Sunday, January 1.

The Sherlock season 4 finale will be Sunday, January 15.

What the fuck? Three shows is a season? Facepalm

Benedict Cumholebatch is such a sought after actor and uber busy I suspect that is why the season is so short. Disappointing though, I love Sherlock and any movie he's in, brilliant actor.
10-01-2017, 08:11 AM
Way to ruin a perfectly good day, EA. Way to FUCKING go. Fucking idiot. Angry

10-01-2017, 08:23 AM
(10-01-2017 08:11 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Way to ruin a perfectly good day, EA. Way to FUCKING go. Fucking idiot. Angry

Hug
10-01-2017, 08:54 AM
(10-01-2017 07:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 01:46 AM)Chas Wrote:  The Sherlock season 4 premier was Sunday, January 1.

The Sherlock season 4 finale will be Sunday, January 15.

What the fuck? Three shows is a season? Facepalm

Benedict Cumholebatch is such a sought after actor and uber busy I suspect that is why the season is so short. Disappointing though, I love Sherlock and any movie he's in, brilliant actor.

Each season has been only three episodes long. Sad
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
10-01-2017, 09:04 AM
(10-01-2017 08:54 AM)julep Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 07:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Benedict Cumholebatch is such a sought after actor and uber busy I suspect that is why the season is so short. Disappointing though, I love Sherlock and any movie he's in, brilliant actor.

Yeah I know, it sucks. Sad
10-01-2017, 11:12 AM
(10-01-2017 07:18 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I hope my students get here okay. Slid a few times on the highway thanks to the freezing rain, but it was pretty much entirely clear compared to the icy hellscape of a glacier we call a parking lot, which seems to be totally untouched. Took me a while to cross it on foot, and had I fallen, there would have been literally no way to gain enough purchase to stand up again. And it was all of the lot too, not just the Reserved lot that faculty can pay more to park in (but they never clear...); if you're going to have a Winter mini-session, make it safe to actually come to it.

We're all sitting here reading a short 9 page article to discuss, but people were still arriving (due to poor roads) over an hour into class. Only 3 of us were here at the start, counting myself. So thankfully, everyone made it in safe; though everyone had a story about nearly falling in the parking lot Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2017, 12:17 PM
(10-01-2017 11:12 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 07:18 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I hope my students get here okay. Slid a few times on the highway thanks to the freezing rain, but it was pretty much entirely clear compared to the icy hellscape of a glacier we call a parking lot, which seems to be totally untouched. Took me a while to cross it on foot, and had I fallen, there would have been literally no way to gain enough purchase to stand up again. And it was all of the lot too, not just the Reserved lot that faculty can pay more to park in (but they never clear...); if you're going to have a Winter mini-session, make it safe to actually come to it.

We're all sitting here reading a short 9 page article to discuss, but people were still arriving (due to poor roads) over an hour into class. Only 3 of us were here at the start, counting myself. So thankfully, everyone made it in safe; though everyone had a story about nearly falling in the parking lot Sad

I walked to work today (in Madison, WI) and avoided our parking lot by going in the visitor entrance in the front (instead of the employee entrance in the back, which requires crossing the parking lot). I had had enough of slipping and sliding.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
10-01-2017, 01:54 PM
(10-01-2017 12:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 11:12 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  We're all sitting here reading a short 9 page article to discuss, but people were still arriving (due to poor roads) over an hour into class. Only 3 of us were here at the start, counting myself. So thankfully, everyone made it in safe; though everyone had a story about nearly falling in the parking lot Sad

I walked to work today (in Madison, WI) and avoided our parking lot by going in the visitor entrance in the front (instead of the employee entrance in the back, which requires crossing the parking lot). I had had enough of slipping and sliding.

Oh man, can't blame you if it meant avoiding falling on all this ice and such. Though part of it sounds funny, using the visitor entrance instead to avoid it says the guy who used the student center entrance to avoid another 300 or so feet of ice. Also, wow, you live in the biggest city in the state and capital, my students would be envious! They find the 4th and 5th biggest cities in the state to be too small.

(Also you've got prime real estate if you go to the FFRF national convention in September.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-01-2017, 02:16 PM
(10-01-2017 08:54 AM)julep Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 07:50 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Benedict Cumholebatch is such a sought after actor and uber busy I suspect that is why the season is so short. Disappointing though, I love Sherlock and any movie he's in, brilliant actor.

I love Sherlock.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post