Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-01-2017, 04:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(09-01-2017 05:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I hear ya..... I evicted the "tenants" that were living in my place when I was in the service.....

Interesting decor -- "Early American Pigsty"....

It's amazing how some people live. You'd think they'd die off from some virulent infection of some sort........

Get this, I cannot file a police report for malicious mischief or vandalism since the fuckers were my tenants! All I can do is take photos and go after them in civil court not criminal court.

I’m not going to throw away good money going after bad, I doubt they can cough up the thousands of dollars needed to make me whole. Chalk it up to the cost of doing this kind of business. Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
10-01-2017, 04:49 PM
(10-01-2017 04:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(09-01-2017 05:32 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I hear ya..... I evicted the "tenants" that were living in my place when I was in the service.....

It's amazing how some people live. You'd think they'd die off from some virulent infection of some sort........

Get this, I cannot file a police report for malicious mischief or vandalism since the fuckers were my tenants! All I can do is take photos and go after them in civil court not criminal court.

I’m not going to throw away good money going after bad, I doubt they can cough up the thousands of dollars needed to make me whole. Chalk it up to the cost of doing this kind of business. Angry

Whaaat ? Shocking That fucking sucks seriously that is so lame, I'm sorry FC.
10-01-2017, 06:26 PM
(10-01-2017 04:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  

<examines brass knuckles> So, what's a kneecap worth these days? Big Grin
10-01-2017, 07:19 PM
(10-01-2017 07:18 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I hope my students get here okay. Slid a few times on the highway thanks to the freezing rain, but it was pretty much entirely clear compared to the icy hellscape of a glacier we call a parking lot, which seems to be totally untouched. Took me a while to cross it on foot, and had I fallen, there would have been literally no way to gain enough purchase to stand up again. And it was all of the lot too, not just the Reserved lot that faculty can pay more to park in (but they never clear...); if you're going to have a Winter mini-session, make it safe to actually come to it.

[Image: deer-on-ice-o.gif]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
10-01-2017, 09:15 PM
(10-01-2017 02:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 08:54 AM)julep Wrote:  Each season has been only three episodes long. Sad

I love Sherlock.

Just watched episode two.

As an atheist I should not use this expression, but OMFG!

Pissed that after next week I will have to wait another year or more for the next season.
10-01-2017, 10:27 PM
(10-01-2017 06:26 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 04:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Get this, I cannot file a police report for malicious mischief or vandalism since the fuckers were my tenants! All I can do is take photos and go after them in civil court not criminal court.

<examines brass knuckles> So, what's a kneecap worth these days? Big Grin

I can’t say the thought hasn’t crossed my mind...multiple times.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
10-01-2017, 10:29 PM
(10-01-2017 04:49 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 04:23 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Get this, I cannot file a police report for malicious mischief or vandalism since the fuckers were my tenants! All I can do is take photos and go after them in civil court not criminal court.

Whaaat ? Shocking That fucking sucks seriously that is so lame, I'm sorry FC.

The probability of this happening had been 100%, no way to run this kind of business without an incident like this one, still sucks though.

11-01-2017, 05:23 AM
You know what is grinding my gears at the moment?

The omnipresence of the "If you need help, call X" notifications and disclaimers and search results.

I mean, here I am, googling my time away trying to understand things, find information, and half of what I get is "Ohh please don't, you are ever so precious; clearly you need help; there's something wrong with you that invalidates your own autonomy; call this number'. Well thanks and all, but I already know my brain is fucked , that's why I'm trying to understand things better.
All the anti-suicide/harm platitudes I see any time I look up anything remotely similar is nauseating.
In all honesty, there is a itty bitty tiny bit of my messed up little mind that wants me to off myself and leave a note blaming those messages purely so I can show those smug knowitalls up. Thinking they can tell me what is best for me...
Guy can't even indulge in a morbid curiosity no more!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-01-2017, 06:12 AM
(11-01-2017 05:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You know what is grinding my gears at the moment?

The omnipresence of the "If you need help, call X" notifications and disclaimers and search results.

I mean, here I am, googling my time away trying to understand things, find information, and half of what I get is "Ohh please don't, you are ever so precious; clearly you need help; there's something wrong with you that invalidates your own autonomy; call this number'. Well thanks and all, but I already know my brain is fucked , that's why I'm trying to understand things better.
All the anti-suicide/harm platitudes I see any time I look up anything remotely similar is nauseating.
In all honesty, there is a itty bitty tiny bit of my messed up little mind that wants me to off myself and leave a note blaming those messages purely so I can show those smug knowitalls up. Thinking they can tell me what is best for me...
Guy can't even indulge in a morbid curiosity no more!

Them what writes those messages are also human - if you're fucked in the head it's a lil' unreasonable to expect them *not* to be yeah?

Stay alive amigo Wink We like you alive. Dead... not so much. I'll hate you dead.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-01-2017, 07:29 AM
(07-01-2017 04:35 PM)julep Wrote:  
(07-01-2017 04:25 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Ah, that makes sense and bet that dog got a lot of treats afterwards lol

We lived for several years at the end of a dead-end street near a main street with lots of convenience stores and gas stations, so we saw quite a few police chases as robbers unfamiliar with the neighborhood found themselves ditching their cars and taking off on foot across the field at the dead end. Every once in a while helicopters would be involved!

I felt sorry for the police chasing the criminals across that field, it was practically impossible to go that way without getting a tick or two.

Back when my wife had her own dog grooming business, I got to groom a police dog. He was a drug sniffing dog and was a complete baby when it came to getting wet. Fun times.