Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-01-2017, 07:34 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-01-2017 07:19 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-01-2017 07:18 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I hope my students get here okay. Slid a few times on the highway thanks to the freezing rain, but it was pretty much entirely clear compared to the icy hellscape of a glacier we call a parking lot, which seems to be totally untouched. Took me a while to cross it on foot, and had I fallen, there would have been literally no way to gain enough purchase to stand up again. And it was all of the lot too, not just the Reserved lot that faculty can pay more to park in (but they never clear...); if you're going to have a Winter mini-session, make it safe to actually come to it.

[Image: deer-on-ice-o.gif]

Seems pretty spot on...today it's like 40 out there and just rainy. So at least our next job candidate isn't going to remember their visit by falling down and breaking a bone or something. Though really, his visit will have to go better than the last one's...she managed to insult me to my face several times without noticing she was doing it, insult my boss, talked down to several students, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2017, 08:45 AM
Before I left for my 2 weeks of PTO I checked the roster twice and then confirmed with my teamlead that my first day back will be monday 16th.
Now I got a message "hey you work this weekend. What days do you want off for that?" I am like "but my first day back in Monday, I am not aware of working this weekend. " She's like " i sent an email on date X and date Y, you should be aware of this."
Like honestly. Do you know how many fucking emails we get every fucking god damn day? I can't give a flying fuck about emails. I check the fucking roster. That cunt has to do her shit right ffs. She is "new" as teamlead but she has been in this position for 5 months now so she should start getting something like the FUCKING WEEKEND ROSTER right at some fucking point.
I am so mad right now (If you couldn't guess)

She even admits that she hadn't updated the fucking roster yet. You know. I was actually having plans for the weekend but fuck me. Who need a life anyway, right?

And the best is, I can't even complain because... well they have the perfect argument. It was sent as email twice, I could have said something then. Me saying I get about 1 trillion emails a day doesn't count as an argument.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
Find all posts by this user
11-01-2017, 10:11 AM
So sick of worrying about our fucking car. Have been half-nervous driving the thing after the battery and alternator crapped out on me and then this last Saturday when I went in to the Honda house to get my oil changed, they had a laundry list of stuff that needs doing. And all this right before me and Rev are going to be taking a trip to New Orleans. Blegh. I swear if I could get a away with it, I'd just have a fucking bicycle. Dodgy

But at least I brought my headphones with me today, eh? That's what had me so pissed off yesterday. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
11-01-2017, 12:03 PM
Seems like everything I own is breaking, one by one. Saturday I was on the way home from the grocery store, and my bike trailer that I use to haul groceries detached itself from the bike and went crashing to the ground (on the good side, I was almost home when this happened). Apparently, a bolt came loose and fell out, so at least it will be easy to fix.

Then yesterday, I discovered that my CD player (that I just bought earlier this year) no longer works -- no matter what CD I put in it, it just makes noises for 5-10 seconds and then says "no disc".

Then, on the way to work yesterday, the wind blew my umbrella inside out and destroyed it (it's fucking January -- I shouldn't even need an umbrella).

I'm wondering what next?
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
11-01-2017, 12:24 PM
(11-01-2017 12:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Seems like everything I own is breaking, one by one. Saturday I was on the way home from the grocery store, and my bike trailer that I use to haul groceries detached itself from the bike and went crashing to the ground (on the good side, I was almost home when this happened). Apparently, a bolt came loose and fell out, so at least it will be easy to fix.

Then yesterday, I discovered that my CD player (that I just bought earlier this year) no longer works -- no matter what CD I put in it, it just makes noises for 5-10 seconds and then says "no disc".

Then, on the way to work yesterday, the wind blew my umbrella inside out and destroyed it (it's fucking January -- I shouldn't even need an umbrella).

I'm wondering what next?

Locusts? Tongue
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
11-01-2017, 12:28 PM
(11-01-2017 12:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Then yesterday, I discovered that my CD player (that I just bought earlier this year) no longer works -- no matter what CD I put in it, it just makes noises for 5-10 seconds and then says "no disc".

I feel the pain... I got a new DVD player not too long ago because my old one stopped working for almost all discs. Now the new one has started throwing up a bunch of static on the screen, cutting the sound and skipping ahead a second or two whenever the image is really dark. It is amazing how many dark scenes there are in a lot of movies and it's getting really irritating.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
11-01-2017, 12:28 PM
(11-01-2017 12:24 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 12:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Seems like everything I own is breaking, one by one. Saturday I was on the way home from the grocery store, and my bike trailer that I use to haul groceries detached itself from the bike and went crashing to the ground (on the good side, I was almost home when this happened). Apparently, a bolt came loose and fell out, so at least it will be easy to fix.

I'm wondering what next?

Locusts? Tongue

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 5 users Like unfogged's post
11-01-2017, 01:26 PM
(11-01-2017 12:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 12:03 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Then yesterday, I discovered that my CD player (that I just bought earlier this year) no longer works -- no matter what CD I put in it, it just makes noises for 5-10 seconds and then says "no disc".

I feel the pain... I got a new DVD player not too long ago because my old one stopped working for almost all discs. Now the new one has started throwing up a bunch of static on the screen, cutting the sound and skipping ahead a second or two whenever the image is really dark. It is amazing how many dark scenes there are in a lot of movies and it's getting really irritating.

Yeah, my DVD player has been a bit balky, too, but I didn't mention it because it's been that way for months -- i.e., it didn't just happen like the other stuff. Also, it basically still works -- just likes to freeze up now and then, mostly toward the end of longer DVDs.

As for CD players, I actually have 6 of them, none of which is fully operational. I bought the one in question because I got tired of the other ones sort of working some of the time, or not working at all (the one in my computer). Now I'm back to using one of the old ones (a cheap boom box) and crossing my fingers that it keeps working for the full length of the CD.

This should probably be in the "First World Problems" thread -- I've been spoiled by being able to listen to any music I want any time I want. I would have really been jonesing 100 years ago.
11-01-2017, 02:33 PM
I have to clean my house. The bright snow is highlighting the dust and dinginess.

Damn reason #17634 of reasons to hate snow.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-01-2017, 02:53 PM
(05-10-2016 11:13 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So sorry to hear the bad news, Muffs. Sad Hug

(11-01-2017 01:26 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 12:28 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I feel the pain... I got a new DVD player not too long ago because my old one stopped working for almost all discs. Now the new one has started throwing up a bunch of static on the screen, cutting the sound and skipping ahead a second or two whenever the image is really dark. It is amazing how many dark scenes there are in a lot of movies and it's getting really irritating.

Yeah, my DVD player has been a bit balky, too, but I didn't mention it because it's been that way for months -- i.e., it didn't just happen like the other stuff. Also, it basically still works -- just likes to freeze up now and then, mostly toward the end of longer DVDs.

As for CD players, I actually have 6 of them, none of which is fully operational. I bought the one in question because I got tired of the other ones sort of working some of the time, or not working at all (the one in my computer). Now I'm back to using one of the old ones (a cheap boom box) and crossing my fingers that it keeps working for the full length of the CD.

This should probably be in the "First World Problems" thread -- I've been spoiled by being able to listen to any music I want any time I want. I would have really been jonesing 100 years ago.

Last the inside with canned air. I have fixed couple that way

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat