Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-01-2017, 03:16 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-01-2017 02:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-10-2016 11:13 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So sorry to hear the bad news, Muffs. Sad Hug

(11-01-2017 01:26 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Yeah, my DVD player has been a bit balky, too, but I didn't mention it because it's been that way for months -- i.e., it didn't just happen like the other stuff. Also, it basically still works -- just likes to freeze up now and then, mostly toward the end of longer DVDs.

As for CD players, I actually have 6 of them, none of which is fully operational. I bought the one in question because I got tired of the other ones sort of working some of the time, or not working at all (the one in my computer). Now I'm back to using one of the old ones (a cheap boom box) and crossing my fingers that it keeps working for the full length of the CD.

This should probably be in the "First World Problems" thread -- I've been spoiled by being able to listen to any music I want any time I want. I would have really been jonesing 100 years ago.

Last the inside with canned air. I have fixed couple that way

I will try that. I don't have any canned air at home, but this is a small portable CD player (Sony "Discman") that I can easily take to work, and at work we have not only canned air, but high-pressure air hoses.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2017, 03:18 PM
(11-01-2017 03:16 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I will try that. I don't have any canned air at home, but this is a small portable CD player (Sony "Discman") that I can easily take to work, and at work we have not only canned air, but high-pressure air hoses.

I have this vision of bits of electronics all over the floor and embedded in the walls...

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
11-01-2017, 03:42 PM
(11-01-2017 03:18 PM)unfogged Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 03:16 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I will try that. I don't have any canned air at home, but this is a small portable CD player (Sony "Discman") that I can easily take to work, and at work we have not only canned air, but high-pressure air hoses.

I have this vision of bits of electronics all over the floor and embedded in the walls...

Of course I'll try the canned air first. I'll also try cleaning the lens with a bit of alcohol. If those things don't help, the damn CD player deserves whatever it gets.

Angry
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
11-01-2017, 06:07 PM
(11-01-2017 03:42 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 03:18 PM)unfogged Wrote:  I have this vision of bits of electronics all over the floor and embedded in the walls...

Of course I'll try the canned air first. I'll also try cleaning the lens with a bit of alcohol. If those things don't help, the damn CD player deserves whatever it gets.

Angry

This is what I get for trying to post on my phone...of course, I meant blast.

It sure fixed the CD player in my old car and it also fixed the drive in my old laptop. There might just be a little something stuck in there that is keeping the disc from being read.

It's worth a try.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
11-01-2017, 06:24 PM
Leak in the apartment and have no idea where it is coming from.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
11-01-2017, 06:29 PM
(11-01-2017 06:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Leak in the apartment and have no idea where it is coming from.

Probably a Russian hack.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
11-01-2017, 06:34 PM
(11-01-2017 06:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 06:24 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Leak in the apartment and have no idea where it is coming from.

Probably a Russian hack.

I was going to blame Trump but that's also an option.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
11-01-2017, 06:37 PM

Water, air, media, gas?
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
11-01-2017, 06:51 PM
(11-01-2017 06:37 PM)pablo Wrote:  

Water, air, media, gas?

Water.

11-01-2017, 07:11 PM
Is there a puddle? Work your way from the puddle to the water source. Feel up the pipes until they feel dry. You should be able to pinpoint the leak this way.