Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-01-2017, 07:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(11-01-2017 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Is there a puddle? Work your way from the puddle to the water source. Feel up the pipes until they feel dry. You should be able to pinpoint the leak this way.

It's a puddle in the middle of the kitchen floor, three possible options which I don't believe are the cause.

1. The sink, the cabinet the sink goes into is totally dry, nothing coming from the pipes in that cabinet.

2. The light fixture in the ceiling. There is an apartment above us and we once had a leak come through that light fixture but during that event the light fixture was filled with water, it is not this time, there is no sign of water being in that fixture.

3. The fridge, the puddle forms off to the side of the fridge and not in front of it. I suppose this is the most possible still but seems weird for the water to flow off to the side of it.

Only other thing I can think of is it came from under but it's too warm for a pipe to burst, we just had a thunderstorm.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-01-2017, 08:15 PM
Ugh. Jdog, I hope you figure it out.

Meanwhile no school for us again.

I'm over this.

We're still going for Monday for the internment for mil. But weather is still being tricky.

Time will tell. I'm thinking we're going to be stuck for the weekend.

I heard one school district (think it's in Washington) is cancelling the MLK holiday on Monday -- if they're able to have school they want the kids/teachers etc there. They also cancelled Presidents' Day holiday.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

11-01-2017, 08:27 PM
(11-01-2017 07:35 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 07:11 PM)pablo Wrote:  Is there a puddle? Work your way from the puddle to the water source. Feel up the pipes until they feel dry. You should be able to pinpoint the leak this way.

It's a puddle in the middle of the kitchen floor, three possible options which I don't believe are the cause.

1. The sink, the cabinet the sink goes into is totally dry, nothing coming from the pipes in that cabinet.

2. The light fixture in the ceiling. There is an apartment above us and we once had a leak come through that light fixture but during that event the light fixture was filled with water, it is not this time, there is no sign of water being in that fixture.

3. The fridge, the puddle forms off to the side of the fridge and not in front of it. I suppose this is the most possible still but seems weird for the water to flow off to the side of it.

Only other thing I can think of is it came from under but it's too warm for a pipe to burst, we just had a thunderstorm.

Some refrigerators have a drip tray underneath, it could be leaking from there.
Look under and see if you can pull it out.
11-01-2017, 08:47 PM
Do you have a water line to the fridge for ice/water? That may be leaking.

And don't just look at where the puddle is accumulating...any slope in the floor will be the way the water goes.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
11-01-2017, 08:58 PM
(11-01-2017 08:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ugh. Jdog, I hope you figure it out.

I'm over this.

We're still going for Monday for the internment for mil. But weather is still being tricky.

I heard one school district (think it's in Washington) is cancelling the MLK holiday on Monday -- if they're able to have school they want the kids/teachers etc there. They also cancelled Presidents' Day holiday.

Thanks, Maintenance can figure it out so I don't have to worry too much but it is still just a big hassle.

Hope the weather clears for you.

(11-01-2017 08:27 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 07:35 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  It's a puddle in the middle of the kitchen floor, three possible options which I don't believe are the cause.

Some refrigerators have a drip tray underneath, it could be leaking from there.
Look under and see if you can pull it out.

Couldn't find any tray.

(11-01-2017 08:47 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Do you have a water line to the fridge for ice/water? That may be leaking.

And don't just look at where the puddle is accumulating...any slope in the floor will be the way the water goes.

No it's an older style fridge. Cleaned up the mess and it hasn't gotten wet again yet but if it does I'll inspect more carefully.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
11-01-2017, 10:13 PM
(11-01-2017 06:12 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(11-01-2017 05:23 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  You know what is grinding my gears at the moment?

The omnipresence of the "If you need help, call X" notifications and disclaimers and search results.

I mean, here I am, googling my time away trying to understand things, find information, and half of what I get is "Ohh please don't, you are ever so precious; clearly you need help; there's something wrong with you that invalidates your own autonomy; call this number'. Well thanks and all, but I already know my brain is fucked , that's why I'm trying to understand things better.
All the anti-suicide/harm platitudes I see any time I look up anything remotely similar is nauseating.
In all honesty, there is a itty bitty tiny bit of my messed up little mind that wants me to off myself and leave a note blaming those messages purely so I can show those smug knowitalls up. Thinking they can tell me what is best for me...
Guy can't even indulge in a morbid curiosity no more!

Them what writes those messages are also human - if you're fucked in the head it's a lil' unreasonable to expect them *not* to be yeah?

Stay alive amigo Wink We like you alive. Dead... not so much. I'll hate you dead.

Their insanity notwithstanding, the messages are still aggravatingly everywhere...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
11-01-2017, 10:25 PM
My washer and dryer are fucked yet again. Now I have to get the repair man and his ass crack out here again to fix them. Ugh.
11-01-2017, 10:48 PM
(11-01-2017 10:25 PM)jennybee Wrote:  My washer and dryer are fucked yet again. Now I have to get the repair man and his ass crack out here again to fix them. Ugh.

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
11-01-2017, 11:05 PM
After some Sherlocking and Testing I am 85 - 90% sure the water is coming from under the cabinet where the sink is.

12-01-2017, 04:48 AM
(11-01-2017 08:15 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ugh. Jdog, I hope you figure it out.

I'm over this.

That's a pain why do they keep cancelling school ?