Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-11-2012, 02:52 AM
Ranting corner
(29-11-2012 05:58 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Stupid welling parking fine place still hasn't sunt me that letter they said they would sunt me last week.

Not amused.

That was awesome on so many levels of awesomenessity.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-11-2012, 05:44 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-11-2012 07:13 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  yeah, god dam getting paid more. It sucks right?

sigh

Because I'm such a good person DL, I will PM you my bank account number and if you want I will take the burden off your hands and you can put that extra $25 a month into there.
But you owe me! you owe me BIG!
A lot more responsibility, with very little extra pay...well, I lied anyway it's about 35 bucks more a month, whatever. I guess I'll take it, I just don't want the extra headache that comes with it. How shitty of a job do I have to do before they will just fucking quit promoting me? I was in the perfect paygrade...low enough where they expected me to fuck up occasionally, and not trusting me enough to do a lot of the important shit. Now I will be in a position of more authority, writing evaluations, organizing shit, getting my ass chewed for minor mistakes, expected to be involved in things, and be a role model for the junior enlisted, and god damn politics at work....fuck...I quit trying a year ago...fuckers!

30-11-2012, 06:12 AM
just alt+f4 it.
30-11-2012, 07:29 AM
Yet another gold nugget of incomparable writing:
"This complicated, mesmerizing, often terrifying man had gotten so deeply beneath my skin that he’d pierced my heart."

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
30-11-2012, 07:42 AM
It's not that hard to pierce a heart, the organ itself is very easy to pierce and rupture... Not to mention the fact that skin is not really a deep layer to get under...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-11-2012, 07:57 AM
(30-11-2012 07:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's not that hard to pierce a heart, the organ itself is very easy to pierce and rupture... Not to mention the fact that skin is not really a deep layer to get under...
It's just badly written, a ridiculous... well, I'm not even sure what it is, metaphor or something... it doesn't make sense, it's dumb and while he is a prick, the whole "he's pierced my heart thing" is just bollocks.

Just you wait and see until I finish it next week. I'm already compiling a list of the worst sentences in this book (and there are plenty to choose from)... I think I already know which one's gonna win, but things can always get stupider.

30-11-2012, 08:06 AM
I do not envy your job.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-11-2012, 08:12 AM
(30-11-2012 07:57 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(30-11-2012 07:42 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It's not that hard to pierce a heart, the organ itself is very easy to pierce and rupture... Not to mention the fact that skin is not really a deep layer to get under...
It's just badly written, a ridiculous... well, I'm not even sure what it is, metaphor or something... it doesn't make sense, it's dumb and while he is a prick, the whole "he's pierced my heart thing" is just bollocks.

Just you wait and see until I finish it next week. I'm already compiling a list of the worst sentences in this book (and there are plenty to choose from)... I think I already know which one's gonna win, but things can always get stupider.
I suggest you publish a book of really bad writing examples; with or without commentary.

We need to come up with a clever title ... Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-11-2012, 08:15 AM
(30-11-2012 07:57 AM)Vera Wrote:  

I think you need to look at the Bulwer-Lytton awards Big Grin My personal fave from 1984:

Quote:The lovely woman-child Kaa was mercilessly chained to the cruel post of the warrior-chief Beast, with his barbarous tribe now stacking wood at her nubile feet, when the strong, clear voice of the poetic and heroic Handsomas roared, “Flick your Bic, crisp that chick, and you’ll feel my steel through your last meal.”
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
30-11-2012, 08:25 AM
(30-11-2012 08:12 AM)Chas Wrote:  I suggest you publish a book of really bad writing examples; with or without commentary.
We need to come up with a clever title ... Consider
I do do this while I translate (turns out I'm amazingly good at insults and I suit them to the particular author I'm insulting), it's so much fun when the time for editing comes (some surprise even me, because I've naturally long since forgotten them).

I'm truly sorry I can no longer send you the link to an article called Thrust your velvet-covered rod of steel into my dripping honeypot of desire - how purple prose kills the mood. It's about all the ridiculous euphemisms and expressions used in erotic scenes. Has to be seen to be believed No

This would also give you a good idea of what I deal with on a regular basis (and why I spend so much time here) http://www.debstover.com/purple.html "The dragon of his desire writhed beneath his tight-stretched trousers." Really?!