Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-01-2017, 02:29 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(25-01-2017 02:15 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 02:13 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  But the gpu isn't there, I've tried to run the scan for hardware changes but it doesn't shop up

I meant try right clicking the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter"

That's probably a good bet, as that sounds sufficiently generic. As in that is the GPU, but Microsoft doesn't recognize exactly what it is, and gives it a generic moniker. Especially if there is something else that is essentially the CPU's integrated graphics chipset. I mean, what else could it be?

Also you should be able to manually search for updates and a stand alone manual installer from AMD, provided you know the exact model of GPU you have. I've only ever used nVidia since 2008, but even with their integrated Geforce Experience program, I've had to manually download and install updates (like rolling back to a previous driver) from nVidia's website from time to time.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-01-2017, 02:37 AM
As above ek

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-01-2017, 02:38 AM
(25-01-2017 02:26 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 02:17 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Alright

That led to nothing; "MBDA" is a system32 thing, so it's not my GPU in disguise...

Hmmmmm, AMD has a clean uninstall thing which may help the installer work better or you can try what EK suggested.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-01-2017, 02:39 AM
Clicking on the generic thing and trying to update just says it is up to date

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-01-2017, 02:40 AM
(25-01-2017 02:39 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Clicking on the generic thing and trying to update just says it is up to date

Did you do search online? I meant download the driver files and instead of search online, click browse for files and point it to the AMD driver files.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
25-01-2017, 02:43 AM
Amd doesn't seem to want to let me just download the files, it forces me to download an installer

25-01-2017, 02:45 AM
Getting so very tempted to just smash this gpu on my desk and try with an Nvidia when I get my grant. On the 27th of feb...

25-01-2017, 02:46 AM
(25-01-2017 02:43 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Amd doesn't seem to want to let me just download the files, it forces me to download an installer

Do you have a folder in "C:/AMD/Support"?

25-01-2017, 02:48 AM
What card do you have?

On the US site at least, there is a 'select your card and OS' option that is bellow the 'autodetect' option. I might be able to search for a direct link for your GPU drivers, and paste that so you can download it directly.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-01-2017, 02:51 AM
This is what I am getting at.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles....aspx?ID=1