Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-01-2017, 02:53 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I use a R9 270x

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-01-2017, 02:55 AM
Also, might want to try that Guru 3D driver sweeper, would certainly help with a clean install by entirely removing the old drivers first. However it is a pwoerful tool, and easy to screw things up worse. Try this as a last ditch before resorting to a system format and installation of Windows.

Scroll down to the more up-to-date Display Driver Uninstaller, since you're on Win10.

EDIT: Updated link.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/disp...nload.html

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-01-2017, 03:05 AM
DDU was what started this bloody mess

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
25-01-2017, 03:05 AM
(25-01-2017 02:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I use a R9 270x

Okay, so the page brings up a list of autodetect web installers. Joy. However there are tabs, and one is listed as Optional Downloads, and under that tab is 'AMD Chipset Drivers'. This is probably what you're looking for. Failing that, you can probably use these to install using Window's Device Manager as per JDog's post.

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/radeon-crim...-jan12.exe

If that doesn't work, try searching for them yourself, and see if your search also brings up tabs (Feature, Support Products, Release Notes, Optional Downloads).

25-01-2017, 03:07 AM
(25-01-2017 03:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  DDU was what started this bloody mess

That is new information. Why were you using DDU in the first place?

25-01-2017, 03:11 AM
(25-01-2017 03:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 03:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  DDU was what started this bloody mess

That is new information. Why were you using DDU in the first place?

?Okay; full story.

AMD's driver program endlessly refused to update. Today I got sick to death of trying to update it while I was trying in hopes that getting the newest drivers would fix FO4. After the installation failed yet again, I took the Internet's advice of 'use DDU, and then freshly install the newest drivers". And now we're here.

25-01-2017, 03:15 AM
(25-01-2017 03:11 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 03:07 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  That is new information. Why were you using DDU in the first place?

?Okay; full story.

AMD's driver program endlessly refused to update. Today I got sick to death of trying to update it while I was trying in hopes that getting the newest drivers would fix FO4. After the installation failed yet again, I took the Internet's advice of 'use DDU, and then freshly install the newest drivers". And now we're here.

Well, I can tell you that a fresh installation of Windows will fix this. I had that happen once on my old PC. Granted it was Windows 7 and I did a new install without a format, so I didn't lose everything. It just cordoned off the old installation in a folder called 'Old Windows' in the C: drive, and I moved what I wanted to keep, then deleted the folder.

25-01-2017, 03:15 AM
(25-01-2017 03:05 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(25-01-2017 02:53 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  I use a R9 270x

Okay, so the page brings up a list of autodetect web installers. Joy. However there are tabs, and one is listed as Optional Downloads, and under that tab is 'AMD Chipset Drivers'. This is probably what you're looking for. Failing that, you can probably use these to install using Window's Device Manager as per JDog's post.

https://www2.ati.com/drivers/radeon-crim...-jan12.exe

If that doesn't work, try searching for them yourself, and see if your search also brings up tabs (Feature, Support Products, Release Notes, Optional Downloads).

Downloaded the chipset. It is currently asking me to wait while it finds my hardware...

25-01-2017, 03:46 AM
Well my pc is currently undergoing reset

25-01-2017, 08:14 AM
Just trying to stay calm today. World is going to hell in a handbasket. Sad