Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-01-2017, 06:01 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-01-2017 04:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 04:04 PM)pablo Wrote:  [Image: t5ggqTZ.jpg]

Wait are those olives? And what are those little green things in the upper corner?

Yuck.

Probably endamame.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
26-01-2017, 06:17 PM
(26-01-2017 06:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 04:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Who doesn't like olives?! I think the green things are gummies. Drooling

Green gummies. Ok. Olives are just yuck. I've never liked them...even as a kid.

I remember black olives at thanksgiving all the kids would put them on their fingers. I did once ate it...and was eeeeeeeew

I do sometimes use olives in cooking and it doesn't bother me. Olives on pizza...as long as there isn't a fuck ton, is ok...

My kids used to put them on their fingers too.
I just had a pizza for dinner with black olives on it.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-01-2017, 06:37 PM
(26-01-2017 06:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 04:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wait are those olives? And what are those little green things in the upper corner?

Yuck.

Probably endamame.

That's a horrible trick to play on a kid.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
26-01-2017, 06:47 PM
(26-01-2017 06:37 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 06:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Probably endamame.

That's a horrible trick to play on a kid.

My oldest grandchild would sooner eat endamame than M&Ms. She loves it. I can eat it as an ingredient but not looking for it as a standalone snack.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

26-01-2017, 06:59 PM
(26-01-2017 06:01 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 04:38 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Wait are those olives? And what are those little green things in the upper corner?

Yuck.

Probably endamame.

Never heard of it...had to look it up.

[Image: 2005_zps8affbb30.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
26-01-2017, 07:12 PM
I looooooooooooove black olives. Heart I used to eat half a can of them at a time. Love, love, love them.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
26-01-2017, 07:48 PM
(26-01-2017 07:12 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  I looooooooooooove black olives. Heart I used to eat half a can of them at a time. Love, love, love them.

I have always liked green olives but it took till a few years ago that I decided black olives are good too...especially on pizza.

It's weird how my food tastes have changed in the last few years. I was never a fan of chicken, now I like it quite a lot. There are other foods I used to eat that I don't care for at all any more...like pork chops.

26-01-2017, 08:32 PM (This post was last modified: 26-01-2017 08:44 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Fucking idiot Evangelicals. Made the mistake of commenting on a youth minister's post about Trump and the tariffs to pay for the Wall, about how it will raise prices on fruits, veggies, and tequila. And his church's Senior pastor goes, "So we just make all that here! Then we can profit instead of mexico!" Guy only has a few thousand people over six churches who basically thinks he speaks for God...

(26-01-2017 01:09 PM)Reducetarian Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 12:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just looked at the most...extreme...of the Catholic groups I'm on, on Facebook and felt myself going rapidly through being incredulous, upset, angry, etc. The original post was, "So what do you all think of free speech?"

If you said it's a vital human right...you'd be sadly the antithesis of all but one other poster and semi on another. So here are some selections from the hatefest. Btw human rights are the Devil apparently.
  • "Fuck Voltaire. Preemptive censorship is the only way to assure false religions and heresy are never taught to the public."
  • "Fuck yea. How will I get the alt right, tradautists, commies to shut up and put them against the wall if they won't shut up? Freedom to speech should be applicable to those who affirm it. The rest should be suppressed with a ball gag."
  • "A heresiarch can do whatever he wants with his own soul. Let he condemn himself to Hell. But it is our duty to prevent him from convincing others to follow his path to damnation. "
  • "Blasphemy laws should be in place to safeguard the faithful in the public"
  • "It saddens me to see Catholics supporting the right to spread lies and heresy."
  • "With the death of free speech we lose the ability to evangelize and fulfill the Great Commission. Churches are forced to silence themselves or risk death." (oh look, semi-defending it...)
  • "Lies have no rights. Freedom of speech is not catholic."
  • "Catholics do NOT have human rights at the moment: they can be killed before birth (abortion), at old age (euthanasia), have no free speech (all catholic teachings are radical and discriminating). We dream we have rights and freedoms. We don't. In praxis. So we loose nothing by openly critisizing them and abolishing them. Do not be afraid."
  • "The government should be allowed to arrest people who take part in the "March for Choice"."
  • "What the hell is wrong with you?One of the obligations of the State is to serve, protect and endorce the Church and Her laws on society."
  • "This is today's situation. We survive. We battle. We resist. Untill we are the state once again."
  • Lockian Human Rights = Garbage ethical system

Facepalm

Be careful Shai; that's exactly the kind of *logic* that pushed me away from Catholicism altogether and started me down the path to atheism Yes

Getting cranky at people who deny human beings have basic rights? Tongue In all seriousness, I get your point, at times all too well. I just had to basically defend atheism yesterday in a classroom anyhow, because I showed two videos on leaving a cult, and the first comment afterward was almost verbatim, "I don't get why atheists are always so angry" and another person was talking about how he'd do anything to save his kid's soul and keep the kid from going to Hell. It swiftly became a minefield of church/state separation, but good discussion, mixed with facepalm-worthy moments. Sure, everyone enjoys making fun of Scientology, but don't dare show a group that claims to be following Christ when they make you swear fealty to your church over your spouse in the wedding vows, ban material possessions, make you give stewardship of your child to the church upon birth, etc. (Actually, more of a defense of the person, with something along the lines of how she wasn't angry probably at God, so much as the person who raped her, the people who kept her so under control and living in fear that she didn't know what money was like until 18, etc.)

(26-01-2017 03:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 12:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just looked at the most...extreme...of the Catholic groups I'm on, on Facebook and felt myself going rapidly through being incredulous, upset, angry, etc. The original post was, "So what do you all think of free speech?"

If you said it's a vital human right...you'd be sadly the antithesis of all but one other poster and semi on another. So here are some selections from the hatefest. Btw human rights are the Devil apparently.
  • "Fuck Voltaire. Preemptive censorship is the only way to assure false religions and heresy are never taught to the public."
  • "Fuck yea. How will I get the alt right, tradautists, commies to shut up and put them against the wall if they won't shut up? Freedom to speech should be applicable to those who affirm it. The rest should be suppressed with a ball gag."
  • "A heresiarch can do whatever he wants with his own soul. Let he condemn himself to Hell. But it is our duty to prevent him from convincing others to follow his path to damnation. "
  • "Blasphemy laws should be in place to safeguard the faithful in the public"
  • "It saddens me to see Catholics supporting the right to spread lies and heresy."
  • "With the death of free speech we lose the ability to evangelize and fulfill the Great Commission. Churches are forced to silence themselves or risk death." (oh look, semi-defending it...)
  • "Lies have no rights. Freedom of speech is not catholic."
  • "Catholics do NOT have human rights at the moment: they can be killed before birth (abortion), at old age (euthanasia), have no free speech (all catholic teachings are radical and discriminating). We dream we have rights and freedoms. We don't. In praxis. So we loose nothing by openly critisizing them and abolishing them. Do not be afraid."
  • "The government should be allowed to arrest people who take part in the "March for Choice"."
  • "What the hell is wrong with you?One of the obligations of the State is to serve, protect and endorce the Church and Her laws on society."
  • "This is today's situation. We survive. We battle. We resist. Untill we are the state once again."
  • Lockian Human Rights = Garbage ethical system

Heresy? What is this, the Imperial Inquisition?

Next they'll be talking about The Great Enemy and how it seeks to destroy the word of the great God-Emperor of Mankind.

[Image: HeresyStamp.png]

Well if we go by old Games Workshop fluff, the God Emperor was Jesus (and Mohammed)... Tongue And I think some of those posters would love the Ordo Hereticus, as long as we go by the God Emperor is Jesus line. Unrelated to the Catholic FB group, but if you ever drop by Spacebattles, a scifi website, make sure to look for the thread that pits Khorne and the God Emperor of Mankind against one another in an election. it's full of gems like, "The God Emperor is an atheist who denies his own divinity. Khorne believes in freedom of religion. Khorne is also pro-life, he believes all children should be born, so that they too can spill blood for the blood god, and gather skulls for the skull throne."

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
26-01-2017, 09:10 PM
I am pretty tolerant regarding religious things people post that show up on my Facebook feed. They are usually comments from friends or family who I know are religious and they know I am not. I may do an eye roll but I let the comments go.

Then this day rolls around every year for the last six years. My middle daughter's best friend was murdered by her husband who then turned the gun on himself. Their three year old was in another room watching TV, the other four kids were at school. They had a 'yours, mine, and ours' family.

What do I see today? God is so good, God had a plan, Tori is watching over all of us from heaven and we will see her again one day. Makes me nuts. God's plan was to leave two kids orphans and take a parent and stepparent away from the other three. The five kids are split up among three different homes/families.

Fucked up plan if you ask me.

No, none of us will see Tori again. Her death still hurts our family in many ways.

It's so frustrating to read the many posts about how this was God's plan and how we must trust in him. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

26-01-2017, 09:57 PM
(26-01-2017 09:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty tolerant regarding religious things people post that show up on my Facebook feed. They are usually comments from friends or family who I know are religious and they know I am not. I may do an eye roll but I let the comments go.

Then this day rolls around every year for the last six years. My middle daughter's best friend was murdered by her husband who then turned the gun on himself. Their three year old was in another room watching TV, the other four kids were at school. They had a 'yours, mine, and ours' family.

What do I see today? God is so good, God had a plan, Tori is watching over all of us from heaven and we will see her again one day. Makes me nuts. God's plan was to leave two kids orphans and take a parent and stepparent away from the other three. The five kids are split up among three different homes/families.

Fucked up plan if you ask me.

No, none of us will see Tori again. Her death still hurts our family in many ways.

It's so frustrating to read the many posts about how this was God's plan and how we must trust in him. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

That sucks. We have a friend like that on FB. Their sister was murdered years ago...then more recently one of their siblings died in a horrible car accident.

Four times a year we see on fb how great god is and has a plan.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces