Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-01-2017, 10:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-01-2017 08:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Well if we go by old Games Workshop fluff, the God Emperor was Jesus (and Mohammed)... Tongue And I think some of those posters would love the Ordo Hereticus, as long as we go by the God Emperor is Jesus line. Unrelated to the Catholic FB group, but if you ever drop by Spacebattles, a scifi website, make sure to look for the thread that pits Khorne and the God Emperor of Mankind against one another in an election. it's full of gems like, "The God Emperor is an atheist who denies his own divinity. Khorne believes in freedom of religion. Khorne is also pro-life, he believes all children should be born, so that they too can spill blood for the blood god, and gather skulls for the skull throne."

Y'know, say what you will about those marauding Khornate Berserkers, but at least you always know exactly what Khorne has in store for you. Not like that liar the God-Emprah.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
27-01-2017, 07:25 AM
(26-01-2017 09:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 09:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty tolerant regarding religious things people post that show up on my Facebook feed. They are usually comments from friends or family who I know are religious and they know I am not. I may do an eye roll but I let the comments go.

Then this day rolls around every year for the last six years. My middle daughter's best friend was murdered by her husband who then turned the gun on himself. Their three year old was in another room watching TV, the other four kids were at school. They had a 'yours, mine, and ours' family.

What do I see today? God is so good, God had a plan, Tori is watching over all of us from heaven and we will see her again one day. Makes me nuts. God's plan was to leave two kids orphans and take a parent and stepparent away from the other three. The five kids are split up among three different homes/families.

Fucked up plan if you ask me.

No, none of us will see Tori again. Her death still hurts our family in many ways.

It's so frustrating to read the many posts about how this was God's plan and how we must trust in him. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

That sucks. We have a friend like that on FB. Their sister was murdered years ago...then more recently one of their siblings died in a horrible car accident.

Four times a year we see on fb how great god is and has a plan.

I have a way too religious uncle that is beginning to fall apart in a big way. He really swallowed the hook, line, and sinker a long time ago. Over the last year, he has had 2 or 3 strokes, lost much of the control over his body, and cut off part of one of his hands with a skill saw. Yet, he still clings to his (non-existent) god. Though, it appears not as strongly as he used to. He used to practically give a sermon (no, he is not a pastor or priest or anything) every thanksgiving. He would go on so long, it drove my religious wife out of her mind. Why can't he wake the f up? Where is this god that is supposed to be watching over him? It would be a bit too late, but it might be interesting to see another atheist arise out of this chaos.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
27-01-2017, 08:06 AM
Hey Jesus, can you get on with that whole Rapture thing already? 'Cause your "children" are really fucking things up for everyone in *this* life. Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
27-01-2017, 09:05 AM
(26-01-2017 09:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am pretty tolerant regarding religious things people post that show up on my Facebook feed. They are usually comments from friends or family who I know are religious and they know I am not. I may do an eye roll but I let the comments go.

Then this day rolls around every year for the last six years. My middle daughter's best friend was murdered by her husband who then turned the gun on himself. Their three year old was in another room watching TV, the other four kids were at school. They had a 'yours, mine, and ours' family.

What do I see today? God is so good, God had a plan, Tori is watching over all of us from heaven and we will see her again one day. Makes me nuts. God's plan was to leave two kids orphans and take a parent and stepparent away from the other three. The five kids are split up among three different homes/families.

Fucked up plan if you ask me.

No, none of us will see Tori again. Her death still hurts our family in many ways.

It's so frustrating to read the many posts about how this was God's plan and how we must trust in him. AAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

That makes my heart ache for those poor kids and family Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
27-01-2017, 04:18 PM
I keep staying up way too late at night.

Last night I ran up the stairs to bed just as my man's car was pulling into the driveway and I was climbing into bed, just as his key hit the lock.

He gets home just after midnight. Then the alarm goes off at 6 and I'm tired, cross and a bit whiny before coffee kicks in...

Midday I'm looking for a warm spot to nap. Then I start thinking about how much I miss my dog. Sadcryface

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-01-2017, 04:20 PM
(27-01-2017 04:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I keep staying up way too late at night.

Last night I ran up the stairs to bed just as my man's car was pulling into the driveway and I was climbing into bed, just as his key hit the lock.

He gets home just after midnight. Then the alarm goes off at 6 and I'm tired, cross and a bit whiny before coffee kicks in...

Midday I'm looking for a warm spot to nap. Then I start thinking about how much I miss my dog. Sadcryface

Hug

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 04:24 PM
(27-01-2017 04:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 04:18 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I keep staying up way too late at night.

Hug

Thanks.

I'm too tired to properly rant....

Tonight is actually the one night I can stay up late since we've nothing pressing going on tomorrow. That kinda pisses me off.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

27-01-2017, 04:26 PM
(27-01-2017 04:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 04:20 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Hug

Thanks.

I'm too tired to properly rant....

Tonight is actually the one night I can stay up late since we've nothing pressing going on tomorrow. That kinda pisses me off.

I know exactly how that is so I feel for you big time.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
27-01-2017, 05:42 PM
(26-01-2017 12:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just looked at the most...extreme...of the Catholic groups I'm on, on Facebook and felt myself going rapidly through being incredulous, upset, angry, etc. The original post was, "So what do you all think of free speech?"

If you said it's a vital human right...you'd be sadly the antithesis of all but one other poster and semi on another. So here are some selections from the hatefest. Btw human rights are the Devil apparently.
  • "Fuck Voltaire. Preemptive censorship is the only way to assure false religions and heresy are never taught to the public."
  • "Fuck yea. How will I get the alt right, tradautists, commies to shut up and put them against the wall if they won't shut up? Freedom to speech should be applicable to those who affirm it. The rest should be suppressed with a ball gag."
  • "A heresiarch can do whatever he wants with his own soul. Let he condemn himself to Hell. But it is our duty to prevent him from convincing others to follow his path to damnation. "
  • "Blasphemy laws should be in place to safeguard the faithful in the public"
  • "It saddens me to see Catholics supporting the right to spread lies and heresy."
  • "With the death of free speech we lose the ability to evangelize and fulfill the Great Commission. Churches are forced to silence themselves or risk death." (oh look, semi-defending it...)
  • "Lies have no rights. Freedom of speech is not catholic."
  • "Catholics do NOT have human rights at the moment: they can be killed before birth (abortion), at old age (euthanasia), have no free speech (all catholic teachings are radical and discriminating). We dream we have rights and freedoms. We don't. In praxis. So we loose nothing by openly critisizing them and abolishing them. Do not be afraid."
  • "The government should be allowed to arrest people who take part in the "March for Choice"."
  • "What the hell is wrong with you?One of the obligations of the State is to serve, protect and endorce the Church and Her laws on society."
  • "This is today's situation. We survive. We battle. We resist. Untill we are the state once again."
  • Lockian Human Rights = Garbage ethical system

Why do you associate with such people? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-01-2017, 08:17 PM
I just got condescended to on a Catholic forum for pointing out that I heard about March for Life this morning on my local NPR affiliate, when people are whining there's never any mainstream coverage of it. "That's only because Pence spoke to the crowd." type comment. It's like, nope, Pence never came up once fucktard. Maybe you're not as persecuted as you think.

(26-01-2017 10:34 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 08:32 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Well if we go by old Games Workshop fluff, the God Emperor was Jesus (and Mohammed)... Tongue And I think some of those posters would love the Ordo Hereticus, as long as we go by the God Emperor is Jesus line. Unrelated to the Catholic FB group, but if you ever drop by Spacebattles, a scifi website, make sure to look for the thread that pits Khorne and the God Emperor of Mankind against one another in an election. it's full of gems like, "The God Emperor is an atheist who denies his own divinity. Khorne believes in freedom of religion. Khorne is also pro-life, he believes all children should be born, so that they too can spill blood for the blood god, and gather skulls for the skull throne."

Y'know, say what you will about those marauding Khornate Berserkers, but at least you always know exactly what Khorne has in store for you. Not like that liar the God-Emprah.
Khorne and his berserkers are nice that way! Unlike Tzeentch, he's a straight shooter kind of guy. Okay, well...straight melee preferred, but still...

(27-01-2017 05:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-01-2017 12:46 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I just looked at the most...extreme...of the Catholic groups I'm on, on Facebook and felt myself going rapidly through being incredulous, upset, angry, etc. The original post was, "So what do you all think of free speech?"

If you said it's a vital human right...you'd be sadly the antithesis of all but one other poster and semi on another. So here are some selections from the hatefest. Btw human rights are the Devil apparently.
  • "Fuck Voltaire. Preemptive censorship is the only way to assure false religions and heresy are never taught to the public."
  • "Fuck yea. How will I get the alt right, tradautists, commies to shut up and put them against the wall if they won't shut up? Freedom to speech should be applicable to those who affirm it. The rest should be suppressed with a ball gag."
  • "A heresiarch can do whatever he wants with his own soul. Let he condemn himself to Hell. But it is our duty to prevent him from convincing others to follow his path to damnation. "
  • "Blasphemy laws should be in place to safeguard the faithful in the public"
  • "It saddens me to see Catholics supporting the right to spread lies and heresy."
  • "With the death of free speech we lose the ability to evangelize and fulfill the Great Commission. Churches are forced to silence themselves or risk death." (oh look, semi-defending it...)
  • "Lies have no rights. Freedom of speech is not catholic."
  • "Catholics do NOT have human rights at the moment: they can be killed before birth (abortion), at old age (euthanasia), have no free speech (all catholic teachings are radical and discriminating). We dream we have rights and freedoms. We don't. In praxis. So we loose nothing by openly critisizing them and abolishing them. Do not be afraid."
  • "The government should be allowed to arrest people who take part in the "March for Choice"."
  • "What the hell is wrong with you?One of the obligations of the State is to serve, protect and endorce the Church and Her laws on society."
  • "This is today's situation. We survive. We battle. We resist. Untill we are the state once again."
  • Lockian Human Rights = Garbage ethical system

Why do you associate with such people? Consider
Why I'm in the group is because a Traditionalist 'friend' invited me. Other than that, we in theory share a God, a church, and a Pope. However most of that group thinks Pope Francis is an anti-Pope and that he's anti-Catholic.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post