Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-01-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Ate pizza for dinner...

Happy and no longer give a rat's butt about much.

There might be one fuck in my empty box of fucks...

Then again, could just be a dust bunny.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
28-01-2017, 01:59 AM
So my flatmates left this morning for the Coromandel. So I have the house all to myself for the next 5 days.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-01-2017, 07:59 PM
Pretty sure I'm in the mood where I want to post on Phatmass for a guy to go fuck himself with a rusty spork, but no...gotta be polite. Be nice. Do the Catholic thing and not call a fucking idiot a fucking idiot. (Sorry, in a bit of a bad mood due to political news, and idiots trying to play the persecution card on me when I try to post positive mainstream news about the March for Life.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-01-2017, 08:03 PM
(28-01-2017 01:59 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So my flatmates left this morning for the Coromandel. So I have the house all to myself for the next 5 days.

I think your flatmates got the better end of the deal -- unless your flat has Guinness on tap, and hot and cold running blowjobs...............................

That's some seriously good looking real estate.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
28-01-2017, 08:06 PM
(28-01-2017 07:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Pretty sure I'm in the mood where I want to post on Phatmass for a guy to go fuck himself with a rusty spork, but no...gotta be polite. Be nice. Do the Catholic thing and not call a fucking idiot a fucking idiot. (Sorry, in a bit of a bad mood due to political news, and idiots trying to play the persecution card on me when I try to post positive mainstream news about the March for Life.)

You sure like to live in opposite camps. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
28-01-2017, 08:15 PM
(28-01-2017 08:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 07:59 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Pretty sure I'm in the mood where I want to post on Phatmass for a guy to go fuck himself with a rusty spork, but no...gotta be polite. Be nice. Do the Catholic thing and not call a fucking idiot a fucking idiot. (Sorry, in a bit of a bad mood due to political news, and idiots trying to play the persecution card on me when I try to post positive mainstream news about the March for Life.)

You sure like to live in opposite camps. Consider

That's the thing, I shouldn't technically be in the opposite camp in that thread. I was saying good things about the March for Life, and good things about the mainstream media coverage I saw about it. And the guy just went off on his little persecution complex, claiming about how they obviously called them "anti abortion protesters" (they didn't, the interview called them Pro-Life), and how the mainstream media was all Orwellian doublespeak right out of 1984.

Whiny little persecution complex Catholics (and generic Christians) drive me nuts. I know people who have gone to preach in countries where it was illegal to do so, and risked their lives, who do not cry about persecution, as much as some of these folks do. I knew a guy who might have faced death if his faith were discovered, but he never once spoke of being persecuted, before his death (which was not martyrdom). There are people who do, however, literally die for their faith in Christ; yet these idiots just scream persecution, even where none exists.

28-01-2017, 08:19 PM
(28-01-2017 08:15 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 08:06 PM)Anjele Wrote:  You sure like to live in opposite camps. Consider

That's the thing, I shouldn't technically be in the opposite camp in that thread. I was saying good things about the March for Life, and good things about the mainstream media coverage I saw about it. And the guy just went off on his little persecution complex, claiming about how they obviously called them "anti abortion protesters" (they didn't, the interview called them Pro-Life), and how the mainstream media was all Orwellian doublespeak right out of 1984.

Whiny little persecution complex Catholics (and generic Christians) drive me nuts. I know people who have gone to preach in countries where it was illegal to do so, and risked their lives, who do not cry about persecution, as much as some of these folks do. I knew a guy who might have faced death if his faith were discovered, but he never once spoke of being persecuted, before his death (which was not martyrdom). There are people who do, however, literally die for their faith in Christ; yet these idiots just scream persecution, even where none exists.

I meant that you spend time on Catholic forums and here...quite the difference.

Most of the Catholics I grew up with are more cultural Catholics...they follow all the steps of going to mass and taking the sacraments but aren't hard core. When you live somewhere where almost everyone is Catholic there isn't really anyone to convert or impress...unless the impressing part is making sure you are seen at mass either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

28-01-2017, 08:30 PM
(27-01-2017 08:17 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(27-01-2017 05:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why do you associate with such people? Consider
Why I'm in the group is because a Traditionalist 'friend' invited me. Other than that, we in theory share a God, a church, and a Pope. However most of that group thinks Pope Francis is an anti-Pope and that he's anti-Catholic.

So you don't actually share much at all. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
28-01-2017, 08:34 PM
(28-01-2017 08:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 08:15 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  That's the thing, I shouldn't technically be in the opposite camp in that thread. I was saying good things about the March for Life, and good things about the mainstream media coverage I saw about it. And the guy just went off on his little persecution complex, claiming about how they obviously called them "anti abortion protesters" (they didn't, the interview called them Pro-Life), and how the mainstream media was all Orwellian doublespeak right out of 1984.

I meant that you spend time on Catholic forums and here...quite the difference.

Most of the Catholics I grew up with are more cultural Catholics...they follow all the steps of going to mass and taking the sacraments but aren't hard core. When you live somewhere where almost everyone is Catholic there isn't really anyone to convert or impress...unless the impressing part is making sure you are seen at mass either Saturday night or Sunday morning.

Oh gotcha! Well, you all did provide a nice escape during election season from the drama over there. Tongue Plus I like the people here. I like the podcast. My own morality seems to be more based in humanism that overlaps with certain parts of my religion's holy text. Plus it's nice to hear others who think that church and state need to remain separate (for the betterment of both).

With the cultural Catholicism and such, I think that's mostly the case anywhere with a large Catholic population maybe? A friend offline didn't know what transubstantiation was, and he was an altar server for years. Plus a lot of people do look for each other in the pews. Perhaps online, at places like PM and the FB groups I'm in, it tends to be the people who are more vocal about their faith?

28-01-2017, 08:38 PM
(28-01-2017 08:34 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 08:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I meant that you spend time on Catholic forums and here...quite the difference.

Oh gotcha! Well, you all did provide a nice escape during election season from the drama over there. Tongue Plus I like the people here. I like the podcast. My own morality seems to be more based in humanism that overlaps with certain parts of my religion's holy text. Plus it's nice to hear others who think that church and state need to remain separate (for the betterment of both).

With the cultural Catholicism and such, I think that's mostly the case anywhere with a large Catholic population maybe? A friend offline didn't know what transubstantiation was, and he was an altar server for years. Plus a lot of people do look for each other in the pews. Perhaps online, at places like PM and the FB groups I'm in, it tends to be the people who are more vocal about their faith?

I have to admit that I had never heard the word 'transubstantiation' before coming here. I was raised Catholic...I went to catechism classes on Saturday morning when I was a public school student and then attended Catholic schools from sixth grade through high school graduation.