Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-01-2017, 11:37 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-01-2017 11:35 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'm so tired of my weekends just disappearing in a puff of fucking smoke. I may as well just work 24/7. Angry

Here's a hug just for you Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2017, 11:37 AM
(29-01-2017 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 10:56 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Agreed with you both. I know folks who talk with happy grins on their faces about how they can't wait to die for Jesus, and how they surely would if placed in a situation like the apocryphal stories from Columbine. Somehow I think the reality would be quite different if they had a chance to have the option.

Be careful Prof you're beginning to sound like an atheistTongue
Or just someone who thinks they have this romanticized image of martyrdom because they've never watched a video of a journalist who was beheaded, for instance? Though to take the tone back to lighter, nah. Tongue What does an atheist sound like even?

I'm with Escape Artist, been at work every day for the last 20+ days.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2017, 11:42 AM
It's not even work-work. I just feel like I never have enough time to do things I want to do.

My actual job, I work 5 days a week, 8:15 to 4:30 so that's not so bad, but jesus fucking christ it seems like there are always a billion things that *have to* be done on the weekends, and I feel like I get no free time. I have vacation booked off soon but a couple of days in there I have a doctor's appointment, probably will have to pick up a certified birth certificate for my daughter, and fuck with Texas' fucked up DPS to try to get a learner's permit for my daughter and try and get a Texas ID for Rev. So it's like not even a vacation on those days. It's doing paperwork, same as I do for my fucking job only I won't get paid for it.

It just basically boils down to: I never perceive myself to have enough time for writing or just chilling out. There's always shit that has to be done and I am fucking sick of it. I just want to hole away for a few fucking weeks.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
29-01-2017, 11:43 AM
(29-01-2017 11:37 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Be careful Prof you're beginning to sound like an atheistTongue
Or just someone who thinks they have this romanticized image of martyrdom because they've never watched a video of a journalist who was beheaded, for instance? Though to take the tone back to lighter, nah. Tongue What does an atheist sound like even?

Well if I'm anything to go by then whiney British fuck sounds about right Tongue Big Grin , but seriously the command to be persecuted is embedded in scripture also if I'm not mistaken.
29-01-2017, 11:47 AM
Today for me has been...

9:00 wake up, drink coffee, get ready for D&D

10:00-12:00 D&D

After D&D I've gotta get a bite to eat, shower up, then I'll have to put gas in the car on the way to meet my mom. We're looking at a place where we might have my daughter's Sweet 16 party but she better not fucking want to traipse around all goddamn day as I do not want to waste anymore of my day than is absolutely necessary. So if that shit doesn't take all day then once I get back from meeting with her, I'll need to finish up the cleaning that needs doing here, then I'll have to do my walk, then eat supper and then it's out to Bumfuck, Egypt to pick up my son from his dad. And then will get home late and do dishes then read for a bit and it's to bed and then YAY BACK TO FUCKING WORK - HOW FUCKING AWESOME!!! I just see my whole day as already being spent and it irritates the fuck outta me.

I am thankful I have a job, and that it's a good job, and I don't mind planning my kid's b-day party but I just need more free time and I don't think I will ever get it. This is why they need to figure out a way to extend people's lives because there is never enough time to do all the things I want to do.

29-01-2017, 11:49 AM
And then if she *does* want to traipse around all day, then she'll get her feelings hurt that I don't want to.

29-01-2017, 11:51 AM

Yeah I feel like fucking shaking a cage right about now. >.>

29-01-2017, 12:13 PM
(29-01-2017 11:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(29-01-2017 11:37 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Or just someone who thinks they have this romanticized image of martyrdom because they've never watched a video of a journalist who was beheaded, for instance? Though to take the tone back to lighter, nah. Tongue What does an atheist sound like even?

Well if I'm anything to go by then whiney British fuck sounds about right Tongue Big Grin , but seriously the command to be persecuted is embedded in scripture also if I'm not mistaken.

For a second I thought "you're Richard Dawkins in disguise?" Tongue And true, "You will be hated by everyone because of me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved. When you are persecuted in one place, flee to another." being from the Gospel of Saint Matthew and from Saint Paul in 2 Timothy, "In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted". Though I'd personally argue that Paul was living in a time where Christianity was a persecuted sect by an empire, and what Christ said is yet to come or maybe has passed. It doesn't seem applicable in America at least, for the moment...despite what people in Mercer County in my home state are saying about the FFRF sending them a cease and desist on public school Bible classes.

(29-01-2017 11:51 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  

Yeah I feel like fucking shaking a cage right about now. >.>

Holy crap, that all sounds like a horrible day/set of circumstances all around. No wonder like you feel you have no time to yourself; you don't! Hug

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-01-2017, 12:18 PM
There are too many people that want to do things with me. I haven't a clue why sometimes, honestly. I'm much more of a selfish bitch than people give me credit for. They think I'm nice because I'm quiet. Tongue

And it's not even that I don't like spending time with the people in my life (I don't really associate with people I don't like unless I have to, like if it's for work) but I just feel stretched thin a lot. Sad

29-01-2017, 12:27 PM
I love the FFRF thankfully we have great separation of religion and state so we don't need it like you guys do
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post