Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
30-01-2017, 03:13 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(30-01-2017 07:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(28-01-2017 08:15 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  That's the thing, I shouldn't technically be in the opposite camp in that thread. I was saying good things about the March for Life, and good things about the mainstream media coverage I saw about it. And the guy just went off on his little persecution complex, claiming about how they obviously called them "anti abortion protesters" (they didn't, the interview called them Pro-Life), and how the mainstream media was all Orwellian doublespeak right out of 1984.

Whiny little persecution complex Catholics (and generic Christians) drive me nuts. I know people who have gone to preach in countries where it was illegal to do so, and risked their lives, who do not cry about persecution, as much as some of these folks do. I knew a guy who might have faced death if his faith were discovered, but he never once spoke of being persecuted, before his death (which was not martyrdom). There are people who do, however, literally die for their faith in Christ; yet these idiots just scream persecution, even where none exists.

Isn't pro-life just a nicer way of saying "Anti-Abortion."? In my experience, people that are anti-abortion rarely if ever call themselves that. They all seem to use the term pro-life. Of course once the kids are born, that is when they stop caring. They just hate the idea of abortion. Being in and out of foster homes and potentially being abused because the biological parents don't want the kids, that doesn't matter.
A lot of people who say they are pro-life are only anti-abortion, sadly. If they were truly pro-life, they'd be for other things too, like a lack of capital punishment, adoption, paid maternal leave, education and health care subsidies for children, etc. Sad One of my favorite books on the whole "pro life" thing is Abby Johnson's "Unplanned". She's a former Planned Parenthood Clinic Director turned pro-life protester; and she goes through painstaking effort in her book to show that the people she worked with at Planned Parenthood aren't evil, that they truly care for women's health.

(30-01-2017 11:16 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Tomorrows the big day, as I get my biopsy results so I'm a bit cranky this evening so if my posting starts to get grumpy or snide PLEASE let me know and I'll sign off. Thanks to you for being my virtual friends I appreciate you very much and I'm proud to be a member of such a great forum with so many amazing people on it. Smile

Good luck Adey!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-01-2017, 03:44 PM
(30-01-2017 03:13 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(30-01-2017 07:36 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Isn't pro-life just a nicer way of saying "Anti-Abortion."? In my experience, people that are anti-abortion rarely if ever call themselves that. They all seem to use the term pro-life. Of course once the kids are born, that is when they stop caring. They just hate the idea of abortion. Being in and out of foster homes and potentially being abused because the biological parents don't want the kids, that doesn't matter.
A lot of people who say they are pro-life are only anti-abortion, sadly. If they were truly pro-life, they'd be for other things too, like a lack of capital punishment, adoption, paid maternal leave, education and health care subsidies for children, etc. Sad One of my favorite books on the whole "pro life" thing is Abby Johnson's "Unplanned". She's a former Planned Parenthood Clinic Director turned pro-life protester; and she goes through painstaking effort in her book to show that the people she worked with at Planned Parenthood aren't evil, that they truly care for women's health.

(30-01-2017 11:16 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Tomorrows the big day, as I get my biopsy results so I'm a bit cranky this evening so if my posting starts to get grumpy or snide PLEASE let me know and I'll sign off. Thanks to you for being my virtual friends I appreciate you very much and I'm proud to be a member of such a great forum with so many amazing people on it. Smile

Good luck Adey!

Thanks Prof
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
30-01-2017, 05:13 PM

Hoping for good results for you!!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
30-01-2017, 10:15 PM

Wishing you the best. I bet it's nerve-wracking knowing you're so close to the results Sad

We're here for you no matter what happens!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
30-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Also, my new furry sister is adapting well! She is such a sweetheart, and adores tennis balls. She's super skittish around new people and loud noises send her running, so I'm going to do what I can to help her overcome her fears Big Grin

The only problem is our other dog...he's not taking this 'new dog' thing well. He's such a grouch all of a sudden (and he's learning the hard way that he can't stash his treats in plain sight anymore) Tongue

But, the two are making progress together. I'm sure he'll warm up to her ^^

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
30-01-2017, 10:24 PM
I wish there was a UN for intonation as well as nation states.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
30-01-2017, 11:24 PM
So to get to our lovely historic hotel before the staff fucks off at 3pm we get to leave for New Orleans at 6am meaning we have to be up at 5am. Vacations are fun....

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
31-01-2017, 07:55 AM
(30-01-2017 11:24 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So to get to our lovely historic hotel before the staff fucks off at 3pm we get to leave for New Orleans at 6am meaning we have to be up at 5am. Vacations are fun....

Be glad you are getting to take a vacation.
31-01-2017, 11:15 AM
Ok so the news from the Dr isn't bad but its not brilliant either, they think they got it all out but it was malignant and so I have to have a battery of tests and scans to be sure. Fingers crossed.
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
31-01-2017, 11:42 AM
(31-01-2017 11:15 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok so the news from the Dr isn't bad but its not brilliant either, they think they got it all out but it was malignant and so I have to have a battery of tests and scans to be sure. Fingers crossed.

That isn't the worst possible news. Keep on it though.