Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-02-2017, 10:37 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-02-2017 10:24 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ...actually if one wants to go full Catholic nerd, Demonic Oppression and Demonic Possession would be the better terms. Tongue But now you've got me imagining a Hellish sitcom from the 1980s "Full Hell" instead of "Full House" and the wacky adventures raising 3 little Imps and their hellhound Comet.

Also does this mean Jenny is carrying Legions of demons from her yoga? Ohmy

Nah, I think Jenny's got it handled. Big Grin

[Image: hL0EZX9.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
01-02-2017, 10:39 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 10:45 AM by Chas.)
(31-01-2017 03:50 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Realize Chas and a few others will ding me on this, but...this Facebook group man, this Facebook group. "Is doing Yoga a sin?" A few No's mixed with overwhelming affirmations of Yes's.

Ding you? Only to ask why you associate with such morons. Facepalm

Demons? Seriously?

And the idea that why or how others are doing their yoga affects them? Fucking morons.

Doesn't this shit embarrass you?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2017, 01:26 PM
(01-02-2017 10:37 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 10:24 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ...actually if one wants to go full Catholic nerd, Demonic Oppression and Demonic Possession would be the better terms. Tongue But now you've got me imagining a Hellish sitcom from the 1980s "Full Hell" instead of "Full House" and the wacky adventures raising 3 little Imps and their hellhound Comet.

Unless I miss my guess... Illustration from an edition of Marquis De Sade's masterwork... which I forget the title of.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
01-02-2017, 02:26 PM
(01-02-2017 10:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 10:13 AM)julep Wrote:  "I've heard many stories of people (Christians are in great danger from this) who've been possessed (minor and major) from doing yoga"

There are minor and major forms of demonic possession? Ohmy

I'm imagining a hell full of Daddy demons, Mommy monsters, and Infant imps. Maybe when Mommy needs a nap, she sends Impy to possess a yoga student for a while?

Evil_monster

Oh yes there's a demonic hierarchy to match the angelic hierarchy. Fucked up, but there you are.

And possibly in many Believers' minds, based on the show Supernatural.

(01-02-2017 10:32 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 10:24 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ...you just made me grateful for American political debate somehow. That's horrifying that can be a talking point. Facepalm

For now this kind of talk is frowned upon and what passes for welfare state still exists. I would say that this is just extremist talking but guy doing the talking wasn't extremist and in regard to such topic there is no "just".

Sad

(01-02-2017 10:37 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  

I'm sure she does, not believing in them. Smile And I do believe that morondog is right and that's from Marquis De Sade, it's the right artistic style for the drawings that with his rather sexual libertine work, but darned if I can figure out which one. Doubt it's Justine, but that's the closest I can think of.

(01-02-2017 10:39 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(31-01-2017 03:50 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Realize Chas and a few others will ding me on this, but...this Facebook group man, this Facebook group. "Is doing Yoga a sin?" A few No's mixed with overwhelming affirmations of Yes's.

Ding you? Only to ask why you associate with such morons. Facepalm

Demons? Seriously?

And the idea that why or how others are doing their yoga affects them? Fucking morons.

Doesn't this shit embarrass you?

Oh it does Chas, it does and frustrates me. The whole concept of "scandal" is one that irritates me, because it's a way to judge others as being "lesser" than oneself. For instance, I posted something critical of our potential next Supreme Court Justice on Facebook; and had someone chide me that I might cause scandal among the faithful for seeming to imply it was okay to not like a pro-life judge. Or even, by posting here, if anyone knew of it, it would be scandal to be doing this.

Fun aside of a story on the more...pentecostal elements of my fellows, since they were talking about demonic possession and expulsion. I was once invited to a Charismatic Catholic event (actually going to another in March), where people went up to be prayed over and people were "slain in the Spirit". After debating a while, I went up with some friends. Every person without fail, the Franciscan prayed over them, and they went down like a sack of potatoes. It's my turn, he prays, touches me on my forehead. I stand there. He looks shocked. I ask him what we do now. He tells me he's not had this happen before at these events, so I ask if I just go back to my pew to pray, and he said he guessed so. My main thought at the time was, "darn Father, use some mouthwash, your breath stinks."

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
01-02-2017, 03:43 PM
Being slain in the spirit is the biggest pile of pigshit ever clearly you are resistant, there's hope for you yet Prof Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-02-2017, 04:10 PM

"Doing yoga just for exercise is as naïve as to pray Rosary just for diction."

" I've heard many stories of people (Christians are in great danger from this) who've been possessed (minor and major) from doing yoga, even though they've had good intentions. Don't mess with something connected with false Gods that are most likely demons."

"Yoga is a sin against the first commandement. "Yoga" (with quotes), as in, incorporating certain mental and physiological excercises to improve your excercse, but just that, is not only not sinful but can be virtue: "But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good.""

"yes, under most circumstances. It gives rise to scandal unless you know everyone there is not doing it with any spiritual intent. And you could never tell anyone either about it for the same reason."

"You say there are numerous Christian instructors for yoga. There are also numerous Christians who are involved in the abortion industry, or who will volunteer to help people obtain abortions."

"This is a very good article that sums up the dangers of Yoga. " (Warning, .RU link.)

"The stretches are tied to hindu deamons. Theyre not even as effective as people think. Do pilates ffs"

"The literal meaning of yoga is 'yoke.' It means tying your will to the serpent kundalini and raising it to Shiva and experiencing your 'true' self. All paths of yoga are interconnected like branches of a tree. A tree with roots descending into the same areas of the spiritual world. This is evident in the ancient books the Bhagavad Gita and the Yogic Sutras of Patanjali. I learned that the ultimate goal of yoga is to awaken the kundalini energy coiled at the base of the spine in the image of a serpent so that it brings you to a state whereby you realize Tat Tvam Asi."

"It's a form of demonic worship."

And a youtube video that was posted without comment: The Occult, Harry Potter, Yoga, Chi, & Combating the Demonic.

Anyhow, dozens of other posts, but figured I had to stop somewhere. Good freaking grief. (Also I guess HR's de-stressing workshop opened me up to demonic possession since part of it included doing some basic yoga. Tongue )

(31-01-2017 11:15 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok so the news from the Dr isn't bad but its not brilliant either, they think they got it all out but it was malignant and so I have to have a battery of tests and scans to be sure. Fingers crossed.

Thinking of you man, that's definitely a mixed bag of news. But glad they got it out, and hopefully the tests come back good as well! Smile My mom had to have cancer surgery a few years ago, and was very fortunate to have it excised on the first surgery, and her tests came back clear in the follow ups over the various months. Hoping that yours do the same.

Yeah, I heard all of this when I was a Christian doing yoga Rolleyes I was even doing Holy Yoga (yeah, it's a thing lol) at the time. Still, it got many a Christian's panties in a bunch. Tongue

Now I do traditional yoga. And I love informing anti-yoga Christian's that yoga's been around much longer than Jesus and the first writings of the Bible. Thumbsup

Yoga is also not religious, unless you make it that way. It would be like a religion that worshiped peanut butter cups. You, as a non-peanut butter cup worshiper, could still eat peanut butter cups and enjoy them, but it would not mean that you were or are worshiping the god Reese's. You're simply eating them as a dessert and nothing more.

I've been doing yoga for years...and sadly no legions of demons Sad Maybe I'm doing it wrong Weeping
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
01-02-2017, 04:57 PM
Its the sign of an immature and insecure religion when it has to quite literally demonize another faith system. Christianity and Islam are the two worst offenders Imo.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-02-2017, 06:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 10:28 PM by Chas.)
(01-02-2017 02:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh it does Chas, it does and frustrates me. The whole concept of "scandal" is one that irritates me, because it's a way to judge others as being "lesser" than oneself. For instance, I posted something critical of our potential next Supreme Court Justice on Facebook; and had someone chide me that I might cause scandal among the faithful for seeming to imply it was okay to not like a pro-life judge. Or even, by posting here, if anyone knew of it, it would be scandal to be doing this.

It wasn't scandal I was referring to, but their thinking that others doing yoga was a danger to them.

Quote:Fun aside of a story on the more...pentecostal elements of my fellows, since they were talking about demonic possession and expulsion. I was once invited to a Charismatic Catholic event (actually going to another in March)

Why? Consider

Quote:, where people went up to be prayed over and people were "slain in the Spirit". After debating a while, I went up with some friends. Every person without fail, the Franciscan prayed over them, and they went down like a sack of potatoes. It's my turn, he prays, touches me on my forehead. I stand there. He looks shocked. I ask him what we do now.

You're at least halfway here. Thumbsup

Quote:He tells me he's not had this happen before at these events, so I ask if I just go back to my pew to pray, and he said he guessed so. My main thought at the time was, "darn Father, use some mouthwash, your breath stinks."

Time to just give it up, pal. Come to the light of reason. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
01-02-2017, 07:12 PM
(01-02-2017 06:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 02:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh it does Chas, it does and frustrates me. The whole concept of "scandal" is one that irritates me, because it's a way to judge others as being "lesser" than oneself. For instance, I posted something critical of our potential next Supreme Court Justice on Facebook; and had someone chide me that I might cause scandal among the faithful for seeming to imply it was okay to not like a pro-life judge. Or even, by posting here, if anyone knew of it, it would be scandal to be doing this.

It wasn't scandal I was referring to, but their thinking that others doing yoga was a danger to them.

Quote:Fun aside of a story on the more...pentecostal elements of my fellows, since they were talking about demonic possession and expulsion. I was once invited to a Charismatic Catholic event (actually going to another in March)

Why? Consider

Quote:, where people went up to be prayed over and people were "slain in the Spirit". After debating a while, I went up with some friends. Every person without fail, the Franciscan prayed over them, and they went down like a sack of potatoes. It's my turn, he prays, touches me on my forehead. I stand there. He looks shocked. I ask him what we do now.

Your at least halfway here. Thumbsup

Quote:He tells me he's not had this happen before at these events, so I ask if I just go back to my pew to pray, and he said he guessed so. My main thought at the time was, "darn Father, use some mouthwash, your breath stinks."

Time to just give it up, pal. Come to the light of reason. Drinking Beverage

Some Christians don't like to see other Christians "sin" and take it upon themselves to try and save you when you are off doing sinful activities like yoga Rolleyes It's their job as good xtians, ya know Hobo

I also think they are worried for the world and God getting pissed at us for turning the "his" earth into our own personal hedonism. God will throw a hissy fit in the form of floods, earthquakes, war, disease, destruction etc. all because of other people's sins. Some feel they need to be Jesus warriors and stop our incessant sinning to protect themselves.
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
02-02-2017, 02:17 AM
(01-02-2017 01:26 PM)morondog Wrote:  Unless I miss my guess... Illustration from an edition of Marquis De Sade's masterwork... which I forget the title of.

The 120 Days of Sodom, or the School of Libertinage perchance?

(01-02-2017 02:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sad

Prime minister telling him to Censored himself should be proper emoticon to describe events alas it was not so.

So your choice is apt - party in which he was is full of shit too and yet they get 24% of votes.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post