Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-02-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-02-2017 03:43 PM)adey67 Wrote:  there's hope for you yet Prof Big Grin

There is? How strange, the atheists hold out more hope for me than most Evangelicals I personally know. Wink

(01-02-2017 04:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, I heard all of this when I was a Christian doing yoga Rolleyes
I've been doing yoga for years...and sadly no legions of demons Sad Maybe I'm doing it wrong Weeping

Hail peanut butter? But not shocked you heard all that while practicing as a Christian and doing the yoga as well. But maybe one day there's hope for the demons to enter you, just as they did this guy on the Christian satire site the Babylon Bee, "Man Accidentally Performs Yoga Pose, Is Possessed By Horde of Demons". Also did not know "holy yoga" was a thing.

And I'm guessing for the "before the Bible was compiled" stuff you got the line about how the ancient gods are all types, predating and shining light on what was to come?

(01-02-2017 06:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  It wasn't scandal I was referring to, but their thinking that others doing yoga was a danger to them.
Oh sorry, my misunderstanding there.

Quote:Why? Consider
Why try again? Because my parish is hosting one as part of its week long Lenten Retreat series next month. I do need to try and actually do stuff related to faith at times.

Quote:You're at least halfway here. Thumbsup
Well...drat?

Quote:Time to just give it up, pal. Come to the light of reason. Drinking Beverage

Does your "light of reason" have cookies? Because Jack Chick (may he rest in peace despite being a horrible scumbag) said we have Death Cookies. Also for some reason I read "light of reason" as "Dark Side" originally.

(01-02-2017 07:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Some Christians don't like to see other Christians "sin" and take it upon themselves to try and save you when you are off doing sinful activities like yoga Rolleyes It's their job as good xtians, ya know Hobo

I also think they are worried for the world and God getting pissed at us for turning the "his" earth into our own personal hedonism. God will throw a hissy fit in the form of floods, earthquakes, war, disease, destruction etc. all because of other people's sins. Some feel they need to be Jesus warriors and stop our incessant sinning to protect themselves.
Plus they probably want to save your eternal soul? Angel But yeah, the folks who go full Morality Police can be annoying, despite their intentions being good, be it for the sake of the one, or the sake of the world...and saying that made me unintentionally hum, "For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world." I should pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet tomorrow, it's been a while. Consider

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
02-02-2017, 08:47 PM
(02-02-2017 08:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(01-02-2017 03:43 PM)adey67 Wrote:  there's hope for you yet Prof Big Grin

There is? How strange, the atheists hold out more hope for me than most Evangelicals I personally know. Wink

(01-02-2017 04:10 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Yeah, I heard all of this when I was a Christian doing yoga Rolleyes
I've been doing yoga for years...and sadly no legions of demons Sad Maybe I'm doing it wrong Weeping

Hail peanut butter? But not shocked you heard all that while practicing as a Christian and doing the yoga as well. But maybe one day there's hope for the demons to enter you, just as they did this guy on the Christian satire site the Babylon Bee, "Man Accidentally Performs Yoga Pose, Is Possessed By Horde of Demons". Also did not know "holy yoga" was a thing.

And I'm guessing for the "before the Bible was compiled" stuff you got the line about how the ancient gods are all types, predating and shining light on what was to come?

(01-02-2017 06:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  It wasn't scandal I was referring to, but their thinking that others doing yoga was a danger to them.
Oh sorry, my misunderstanding there.

Quote:Why? Consider
Why try again? Because my parish is hosting one as part of its week long Lenten Retreat series next month. I do need to try and actually do stuff related to faith at times.

Quote:You're at least halfway here. Thumbsup
Well...drat?

Quote:Time to just give it up, pal. Come to the light of reason. Drinking Beverage

Does your "light of reason" have cookies? Because Jack Chick (may he rest in peace despite being a horrible scumbag) said we have Death Cookies. Also for some reason I read "light of reason" as "Dark Side" originally.

(01-02-2017 07:12 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Some Christians don't like to see other Christians "sin" and take it upon themselves to try and save you when you are off doing sinful activities like yoga Rolleyes It's their job as good xtians, ya know Hobo

I also think they are worried for the world and God getting pissed at us for turning the "his" earth into our own personal hedonism. God will throw a hissy fit in the form of floods, earthquakes, war, disease, destruction etc. all because of other people's sins. Some feel they need to be Jesus warriors and stop our incessant sinning to protect themselves.
Plus they probably want to save your eternal soul? Angel But yeah, the folks who go full Morality Police can be annoying, despite their intentions being good, be it for the sake of the one, or the sake of the world...and saying that made me unintentionally hum, "For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world." I should pray a Divine Mercy Chaplet tomorrow, it's been a while. Consider

I actually never heard that Wink But I did hear that God was the only true God Tongue
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
02-02-2017, 08:51 PM
I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-02-2017, 08:52 PM
(02-02-2017 08:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I actually never heard that Wink But I did hear that God was the only true God Tongue

Well.,,drat. Are you sure you can't be convinced to read more Catholic apologetics books to deal with types? Rome Sweet Home perhaps? It helped convert me. Tongue (Please know I'm not trying to convert, I respect your lack of belief and enjoyment of yoga. Not going to complain if anyone returns though, but not my intent in the post.)

Also, from an Evangelical I once went on a date with, "dinosaur bones were put there by Satan to test our faith" and "UFOs are just demons. It all makes sense when you think about it, demon sightings went down but UFO sightings went up, they're the same thing."

Edit: I think Moms is happy, and this is good! Smile

Need to think of a witty signature.
02-02-2017, 08:52 PM
(02-02-2017 08:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy.

fuck off.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-02-2017, 08:57 PM
(02-02-2017 08:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 08:51 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy. I am happy.

fuck off.

Don't worry Girly I'm not really happy just trying to convince myself that I am. And I almost got away with it, if it hadn't been for you meddling kids.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 8 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-02-2017, 09:09 PM
(02-02-2017 08:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

fuck off.

I took this to be more like chanting "om mani padme hum". Beats the hell out of "Woe is me!" Yes
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-02-2017, 10:33 PM
(02-02-2017 08:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
Chas Wrote:Time to just give it up, pal. Come to the light of reason. Drinking Beverage

Does your "light of reason" have cookies?

Of course.

Quote:Because Jack Chick (may he rest in peace despite being a horrible scumbag) said we have Death Cookies.

If there wer a hell, I would hope Chick burned there for eternity. But there isn't.

Quote:Also for some reason I read "light of reason" as "Dark Side" originally.

Yes, that's what the fun-house mirror of delusion does to people.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-02-2017, 10:43 PM
(02-02-2017 08:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 08:47 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I actually never heard that Wink But I did hear that God was the only true God Tongue

Well.,,drat. Are you sure you can't be convinced to read more Catholic apologetics books to deal with types? Rome Sweet Home perhaps? It helped convert me. Tongue (Please know I'm not trying to convert, I respect your lack of belief and enjoyment of yoga. Not going to complain if anyone returns though, but not my intent in the post.)

Also, from an Evangelical I once went on a date with, "dinosaur bones were put there by Satan to test our faith" and "UFOs are just demons. It all makes sense when you think about it, demon sightings went down but UFO sightings went up, they're the same thing."

I heard about the devil popping back in time to screw with things. *eye roll* lol. And yes, demons are the cause of everything. Those pesky demons! Hobo It's amazing that only Christians can experience them. It's enough to make one think it is all a man made creation. Wink

Yeah, I'll never go back to religion. I'm happy as a free spirit. I only wish I had a pet demon Sad
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-02-2017, 04:07 AM
(02-02-2017 10:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 08:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Well.,,drat. Are you sure you can't be convinced to read more Catholic apologetics books to deal with types? Rome Sweet Home perhaps? It helped convert me. Tongue (Please know I'm not trying to convert, I respect your lack of belief and enjoyment of yoga. Not going to complain if anyone returns though, but not my intent in the post.)

I heard about the devil popping back in time to screw with things. *eye roll* lol. And yes, demons are the cause of everything. Those pesky demons! Hobo It's amazing that only Christians can experience them. It's enough to make one think it is all a man made creation. Wink

Yeah, I'll never go back to religion. I'm happy as a free spirit. I only wish I had a pet demon Sad

You do have a pet demon..... Me Evil_monster
[+] 3 users Like adey67's post