Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-02-2017, 06:28 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-02-2017 09:09 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 08:52 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  fuck off.

I took this to be more like chanting "om mani padme hum". Beats the hell out of "Woe is me!" Yes

Woe is me is much more fun to say, though.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
03-02-2017, 06:35 AM
(03-02-2017 04:07 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 10:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I heard about the devil popping back in time to screw with things. *eye roll* lol. And yes, demons are the cause of everything. Those pesky demons! Hobo It's amazing that only Christians can experience them. It's enough to make one think it is all a man made creation. Wink

Yeah, I'll never go back to religion. I'm happy as a free spirit. I only wish I had a pet demon Sad

You do have a pet demon..... Me Evil_monster

Yay! Smile
03-02-2017, 06:54 AM
(03-02-2017 06:35 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 04:07 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You do have a pet demon..... Me Evil_monster

Yay! Smile

Check me out, I can be quite badassed
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asmodeus
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
03-02-2017, 07:20 AM
So the other day I realized we have a Catholic student group on campus. I saw a few of their flyers around campus yesterday on the public boards. Today those flyers were torn down. It makes me wonder if the Evangelicals are being little dipshits; actually I'm about 80% certain of it. Because Catholic group signs were torn down, when someone hosted a "does religion incite hate speech" talk, their signs were defaced with angry comments, and when FFRF had a lawyer come in for an invited speech at a thing examining religion, his signs disappeared quickly too.

(02-02-2017 10:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(02-02-2017 08:52 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Well.,,drat. Are you sure you can't be convinced to read more Catholic apologetics books to deal with types? Rome Sweet Home perhaps? It helped convert me. Tongue (Please know I'm not trying to convert, I respect your lack of belief and enjoyment of yoga. Not going to complain if anyone returns though, but not my intent in the post.)

Also, from an Evangelical I once went on a date with, "dinosaur bones were put there by Satan to test our faith" and "UFOs are just demons. It all makes sense when you think about it, demon sightings went down but UFO sightings went up, they're the same thing."

Edit: I think Moms is happy, and this is good! Smile

I heard about the devil popping back in time to screw with things. *eye roll* lol. And yes, demons are the cause of everything. Those pesky demons! Hobo It's amazing that only Christians can experience them. It's enough to make one think it is all a man made creation. Wink

Yeah, I'll never go back to religion. I'm happy as a free spirit. I only wish I had a pet demon Sad

Chas had me laugh with that last one. And darn, at least you have Adey?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-02-2017, 07:36 AM
(03-02-2017 07:20 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  when someone hosted a "does religion incite hate speech" talk, their signs were defaced with angry comments

Laugh out load These kids don't really get irony do they?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
03-02-2017, 08:04 AM
(03-02-2017 07:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 07:20 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  when someone hosted a "does religion incite hate speech" talk, their signs were defaced with angry comments

Laugh out load These kids don't really get irony do they?

I really don't think some of them do...heh.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2017, 08:44 AM
(03-02-2017 07:20 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So the other day I realized we have a Catholic student group on campus. I saw a few of their flyers around campus yesterday on the public boards. Today those flyers were torn down. It makes me wonder if the Evangelicals are being little dipshits; actually I'm about 80% certain of it. Because Catholic group signs were torn down, when someone hosted a "does religion incite hate speech" talk, their signs were defaced with angry comments, and when FFRF had a lawyer come in for an invited speech at a thing examining religion, his signs disappeared quickly too.

(02-02-2017 10:43 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I heard about the devil popping back in time to screw with things. *eye roll* lol. And yes, demons are the cause of everything. Those pesky demons! Hobo It's amazing that only Christians can experience them. It's enough to make one think it is all a man made creation. Wink

Chas had me laugh with that last one. And darn, at least you have Adey?
Absolutely, I will possess her enemies and crush them unmercifully, hail Satan Tongue Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
03-02-2017, 09:41 AM
Fucking ice.

Seriously. No school...11 days missed

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-02-2017, 09:44 AM
(03-02-2017 09:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking ice.

That is insane.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
03-02-2017, 09:51 AM
(03-02-2017 09:44 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 09:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking ice.

That is insane.

Yeah we've got a nice glaze covering everything. I nearly fell. It was dark and I was curious "really it doesn't look that bad!"

Ok it sorta is.

It's supposed to clear out, but it's going to take a while -- after 11-12 for our area.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces