Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-02-2017, 11:46 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-02-2017 09:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking ice.

Seriously. No school...11 days missed

I hate snow days so much.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2017, 11:57 AM
(03-02-2017 11:46 AM)julep Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 09:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fucking ice.

Seriously. No school...11 days missed

I hate snow days so much.

I know, I've got a love/hate thing with it.

Dinner is cooked (I did it yesterday), so I don't need to worry about that, I should just enjoy the long weekend. Yet, i know they've had so many off this winter, and I'm thinking that they've already extended the school year by a week and taken back a few non student days...there isn't much more that they can do.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

03-02-2017, 12:28 PM
Wow moms, fucking ice indeed. Sad Not so much a rant as a pet peeve. If there are 5 of us in a committee meeting and 3 of us tell you we have class in ten minutes, don't ramble. Get to the damn point.

(03-02-2017 08:44 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 07:20 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So the other day I realized we have a Catholic student group on campus. I saw a few of their flyers around campus yesterday on the public boards. Today those flyers were torn down. It makes me wonder if the Evangelicals are being little dipshits; actually I'm about 80% certain of it. Because Catholic group signs were torn down, when someone hosted a "does religion incite hate speech" talk, their signs were defaced with angry comments, and when FFRF had a lawyer come in for an invited speech at a thing examining religion, his signs disappeared quickly too.

Chas had me laugh with that last one. And darn, at least you have Adey?
Absolutely, I will possess her enemies and crush them unmercifully, hail Satan Tongue Evil_monster

Feeling conflicted, want to like post, but can't Hail Satan. Could Hail Santa.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-02-2017, 02:42 PM
Fuck fuck fuck.

My family just sucks. They eat everything.

I went shopping on Monday....Monday people.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-02-2017, 03:03 PM
(03-02-2017 02:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck fuck fuck.

Growing boys! My food bill was enormous when my sons were in high school. The two eldest ones went out for sports and would have dinner, twice- once when they got home from school, and a couple of hours later at the regular dinner time.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
03-02-2017, 03:06 PM
(03-02-2017 12:28 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Wow moms, fucking ice indeed. Sad Not so much a rant as a pet peeve. If there are 5 of us in a committee meeting and 3 of us tell you we have class in ten minutes, don't ramble. Get to the damn point.

(03-02-2017 08:44 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Absolutely, I will possess her enemies and crush them unmercifully, hail Satan Tongue Evil_monster

Feeling conflicted, want to like post, but can't Hail Satan. Could Hail Santa.

So you won't hail one mythical character but you can hail another one? Tongue No cookies in hell for you! Laugh out load
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
03-02-2017, 03:44 PM

My son was just home for a few weeks for winter break and our grocery bill literally doubled. And the milk! I was buying milk every other day.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
03-02-2017, 04:08 PM
(03-02-2017 03:44 PM)julep Wrote:  

My son was just home for a few weeks for winter break and our grocery bill literally doubled. And the milk! I was buying milk every other day.

Some weeks I'm throwing stuff out because it never gets eaten. Monday I bought over the amounts I usually buy and the shit is all gone.

So, I ran to the market to buy bread, more fucking peanut butter (I swear Aliza must be sneaking into my house to steal it), some chicken strips, more eggs and chips/snacky crap. I guess they're gearing up for Valentine's Day because they had some really good buys.

At least the ice is gone and we're back to regular suck ass rain.

Oh my shoes got soaked when I stepped into a puddle.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-02-2017, 04:08 PM
(03-02-2017 03:44 PM)julep Wrote:  

I have a friend who comes from a fairly large family (he has one sister and 3 or 4 brothers), and he used to tell me how his mother had this problem. The way he told it, she would say something like "I buy all this food, and you people just eat it!" He thought that was hilarious, like, what were they supposed to do with food? But what she meant was that she bought enough food for a week and they ate it up in 2 or 3 days.

We had the problem on a smaller scale in my family. My parents would buy cold cuts (i.e., lunch meat) for us to use in making our school lunches. But whenever my brother would get hungry, he would make himself a sandwich, and by Wednesday or so, I would go to make my lunch for the next day and all the lunch meat was gone. Eventually, I started making all 5 lunches on Sunday night, and then I would just grab one every morning. He never got hungry enough (or bold enough) to take a sandwich out of any of my pre-made lunches.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
03-02-2017, 08:23 PM

Word. After I feed my family dinner, we won't even have the table cleared and they ask what the next dinner is all the time, while we're sitting and having dinner. WTH.