Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-02-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-02-2017 08:23 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 02:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Fuck fuck fuck.

My family just sucks. They eat everything.

I went shopping on Monday....Monday people.

Word. After I feed my family dinner, we won't even have the table cleared and they ask what the next dinner is all the time, while we're sitting and having dinner. WTH.

Must be some good fixin's!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2017, 08:48 AM
It's been 18 months since my best male friend died and I miss him pretty much every day. He was a great friend always there for me and never judged me even in my journey to apostasy. He was an Episcopalian priest but not a fundamentalist believer, he referred to the creation story and the books of genesis as myths in many of his sermons, he did not hate gay people, his was a very human approach to belief.

Why did he kill himself ? People say its because he was depressed but it wasn't just that, I've been depressed and know for a fact that due to poor choices mistakes and pretty devastating life changing circumstances I had far more reason to commit suicide than he did.

So how come in still here and he's gone ? The difference is I got treated and medicated, my friend saw a primary physician but refused medication. Why did he do this ?
Because he and his wife (also an episcopal minister) thought they could pray their way out of it.
Religion quite literally killed my friend and is proof that even moderate religion can be dangerous.
Fuck religion fuck it in its ass till it bleeds douse it in petrol and kill it with fire !!
End of rant.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-02-2017, 09:17 AM
(04-02-2017 08:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It's been 18 months since my best male friend died and I miss him pretty much every day. He was a great friend always there for me and never judged me even in my journey to apostasy. He was an Episcopalian priest but not a fundamentalist believer, he referred to the creation story and the books of genesis as myths in many of his sermons, he did not hate gay people, his was a very human approach to belief.

Why did he kill himself ? People say its because he was depressed but it wasn't just that, I've been depressed and know for a fact that due to poor choices mistakes and pretty devastating life changing circumstances I had far more reason to commit suicide than he did.

So how come in still here and he's gone ? The difference is I got treated and medicated, my friend saw a primary physician but refused medication. Why did he do this ?
Because he and his wife (also an episcopal minister) thought they could pray their way out of it.
Religion quite literally killed my friend and is proof that even moderate religion can be dangerous.
Fuck religion fuck it in its ass till it bleeds douse it in petrol and kill it with fire !!
End of rant.

Adey, I'm so sorry about your friend. *hugs to you*

I'm glad you are still here Heart

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-02-2017, 01:41 PM
Flush! The Fucking. COMMODE, people, gawDAMit! Angry

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-02-2017, 01:42 PM
(04-02-2017 08:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  It's been 18 months since my best male friend died and I miss him pretty much every day. He was a great friend always there for me and never judged me even in my journey to apostasy. He was an Episcopalian priest but not a fundamentalist believer, he referred to the creation story and the books of genesis as myths in many of his sermons, he did not hate gay people, his was a very human approach to belief.

End of rant.

Huh
I'm sorry, Adey! Hug I, too, am glad you're still with us! Heart

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
04-02-2017, 04:04 PM
So I'm a shit human being...

Settle in for a story, eh? So, my first best friend went to church with me and went to the same school as me 'til round about 3rd or 4th grade and then her parents pulled she and her siblings out to be homeschooled. My friend became more and more religious, and we kept in contact with letters for a bit, but while she was talking about god stuff, I wanted to talk about boys, so we fell out of sync for a while.

Some years later, she was getting married and she asked me to be in the wedding so we talked a bit more then, but again things were a bit out of sync. I think around that time she was questioning the benevolence of God because she was a nurse and had seen a lot of shitty things happen to people. At that time, I was still a christian and was starting to become more religious.

Fast forward to later on and we met up again and I was full-blown super religious at that time and she didn't seem to be quite so much (this meet-up and the wedding were not super far apart) so once again we were out of sync.

Well now, she recently sent me a message on Facebook saying she'd been a crappy friend (I don't think she was, we just were never in sync - it happens, no hard feelings) and maybe we could hang out again. Being the jerk I am, I just ignored it because I don't want to go there and I don't want to have the conversation. You know, the one where I would need to lay things out on the table and say that I'm not religious anymore (and if I suddenly grew a pair of massive stones, actually say I'm an atheist) and if that were a problem, then we can't hang out. But even at that, I don't really want to hang out. I don't have all that much free time and so I don't have time for a friend. I've never been good at being available enough to spend time with friends - why start now?

So basically I just ignored the message and left it at that.

Now we come to today. Sleepy Mom shows up to our house to give me some new car insurance cards and tells me that this ex best friend of mine is dating my brother. Gasp So that's really fucking awkward. And now, if things go well between them, I'll be seeing more of her so what the fuck am I supposed to say? I'll have to give some reason for not replying to her message - "Yo, it's like... I'm just a jerk, man" Hobo Oye. Facepalm

Why me. Why me... Weeping And if my brother is dating her, that tells me she's religious again because he ditched a girl a while back who was a really progressive Christian - she had a gay roommate! the scandal! how dare she not shun this gay person! - and who I quite liked but she apparently wasn't enough of a bigot for my brother to associate with. Rolleyes

What the fuck am I gonna do. Sad

04-02-2017, 05:01 PM
(04-02-2017 04:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I'm a shit human being...

Settle in for a story, eh? So, my first best friend went to church with me and went to the same school as me 'til round about 3rd or 4th grade and then her parents pulled she and her siblings out to be homeschooled. My friend became more and more religious, and we kept in contact with letters for a bit, but while she was talking about god stuff, I wanted to talk about boys, so we fell out of sync for a while.

Some years later, she was getting married and she asked me to be in the wedding so we talked a bit more then, but again things were a bit out of sync. I think around that time she was questioning the benevolence of God because she was a nurse and had seen a lot of shitty things happen to people. At that time, I was still a christian and was starting to become more religious.

Fast forward to later on and we met up again and I was full-blown super religious at that time and she didn't seem to be quite so much (this meet-up and the wedding were not super far apart) so once again we were out of sync.

Well now, she recently sent me a message on Facebook saying she'd been a crappy friend (I don't think she was, we just were never in sync - it happens, no hard feelings) and maybe we could hang out again. Being the jerk I am, I just ignored it because I don't want to go there and I don't want to have the conversation. You know, the one where I would need to lay things out on the table and say that I'm not religious anymore (and if I suddenly grew a pair of massive stones, actually say I'm an atheist) and if that were a problem, then we can't hang out. But even at that, I don't really want to hang out. I don't have all that much free time and so I don't have time for a friend. I've never been good at being available enough to spend time with friends - why start now?

Now we come to today. Sleepy Mom shows up to our house to give me some new car insurance cards and tells me that this ex best friend of mine is dating my brother. Gasp So that's really fucking awkward. And now, if things go well between them, I'll be seeing more of her so what the fuck am I supposed to say? I'll have to give some reason for not replying to her message - "Yo, it's like... I'm just a jerk, man" Hobo Oye. Facepalm

Why me. Why me... Weeping And if my brother is dating her, that tells me she's religious again because he ditched a girl a while back who was a really progressive Christian - she had a gay roommate! the scandal! how dare she not shun this gay person! - and who I quite liked but she apparently wasn't enough of a bigot for my brother to associate with. Rolleyes

Just tell her you got really busy with work, the kids, you had pretty major dental work and just say life got away from you but you were meaning to get in touch with her. Then maybe offer to take her out to lunch.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
04-02-2017, 05:21 PM
(04-02-2017 04:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I'm a shit human being...

Put the ball squarely in her court: tell her you're an atheist. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
04-02-2017, 07:52 PM
Sorry Adey. Hug And agree with Jenny on your thing EA, just be like "hey it's been hectic, I've been busy. Sorry not to reply sooner".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-02-2017, 08:48 PM
So my flatmates, the couple, are having a rather prolonged argument in the kitchen (which is right next to my room) and I can hear everything.
Something to do with marriage so this can't be good...

Oh and before you say it's rude to eavesdrop, they're the ones arguing in the kitchen and if I can hear it over my headphones they're not exactly being private about it.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post