Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-02-2017, 07:02 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So I guess after I contacted these smarmy bastards to tell them to oppose some of the more ridiculous nominations Trump had made, Mr. Smarmy-Pants himself sends this bullshit courtesy of his bullshit newsletter. Fuck you, Cruz. Angry

Quote:February 3, 2017
Greetings,
Last year, after the unexpected passing of Supreme Court Justice Antonin Scalia, the Senate drew a line in the sand on the behalf of the American people. Exercising our constitutional authority, we advised President Obama that we would not consent to a Supreme Court nominee until We the People, in the presidential election, were able to choose between an originalist and a progressive vision of the Constitution. This week, President Trump nominated Judge Neil Gorsuch, who is a brilliant and immensely talented jurist.
Judge Gorsuch has clerked at the Supreme Court, excelled in private practice, served at the highest levels of the Justice Department, and garnered a stellar reputation over the past decade as an appellate court judge. Our country desperately needs Supreme Court Justices who revere the Constitution and are willing to elevate it over their own personal preferences, and Judge Gorsuch has previously demonstrated that faithfulness. I look forward to supporting his confirmation in the Senate.
Please read below for an update from this last week.
Keep Texas Strong,

Ted Cruz
Sen. Cruz: Judge Gorsuch Takes Seriously His Obligation to Interpret the Law and Follow the Constitution

Sen. Ted Cruz released the following statement after his meeting with Supreme Court Nominee Judge Neil Gorsuch:
“Judge Neil Gorsuch is an impressive jurist who takes seriously his obligation to interpret the law and to follow the Constitution. One of the things I was most encouraged about, when talking with him today, was his understanding that the job of a judge, as outlined in Article III of the Constitution, is simply to apply the law. And he contrasted that to the job of Congress, as outlined in Article I, which is to pass laws.
“We need judges who understand this distinction, who do not think that when you put on a robe, you suddenly get to enact whatever policies or laws you might personally favor. That’s the judicial humility that used to be characteristic of the Supreme Court. Judge Gorsuch understands the critical, yet limited role of a judge which is to apply the law, not to decree whatever policies that particular judge might favor."

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2017, 07:20 PM
(05-02-2017 07:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Goddamn it Dad, why the fuck did you have to get dementia and fucking die on me Angry I really need your calming words of advice, your love and a hug right now and you're not fucking there Sadcryface

I loved my mother and I miss her wit and intelligence, but part of me is glad she didn't live to see this presidency.
She would have been horrified.

Hugs to you.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2017, 07:36 PM
(05-02-2017 07:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 07:42 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Goddamn it Dad, why the fuck did you have to get dementia and fucking die on me Angry I really need your calming words of advice, your love and a hug right now and you're not fucking there Sadcryface

I loved my mother and I miss her wit and intelligence, but part of me is glad she didn't live to see this presidency.
She would have been horrified.

Hugs to you.

Hugs to you both...it's hard. Dad and I repaired a lot of things in his last few years but there are still so many things I wish I would have said.

And goddamnit why did he leave me right before I got sick? I needed his medical knowledge and the calm he had achieved in his later years.

Heart

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
05-02-2017, 08:41 PM
So I've started collecting watch straps... They're cheap enough that I could get one a paycheck or something and when people ask me what I want for Christmas or my birthday they're cheap enough that people can afford them.

Nothing all fancy and shit like what Chas collects, I'm not into those old people style watches. I'm talking shit like this:

[Image: 4a6056f5a81030798b8f9c10c615c5c7.jpg]
[Image: 10956813_1703470383262031_1653194747_n.j...OQ%3D%3D.2]
[Image: spinnaker-nantucket-blue-dial-blue-and-o...502602.jpg]

I dunno, some people wear crazy coloured socks, I like different coloured watch straps I guess.
I'm pretty sure I'm at that age where this isn't totally weird as fuck.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
05-02-2017, 08:44 PM
(05-02-2017 08:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I've started collecting watch straps... They're cheap enough that I could get one a paycheck or something and when people ask me what I want for Christmas or my birthday they're cheap enough that people can afford them.

Nothing all fancy and shit like what Chas collects, I'm not into those old people style watches. I'm talking shit like this:

I dunno, some people wear crazy coloured socks, I like different coloured watch straps I guess.

Get a pocket watch and you can collect chains too. Tongue
05-02-2017, 08:53 PM
(05-02-2017 08:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 08:41 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I've started collecting watch straps... They're cheap enough that I could get one a paycheck or something and when people ask me what I want for Christmas or my birthday they're cheap enough that people can afford them.

Get a pocket watch and you can collect chains too. Tongue

I have actually thought of that. My conclusion was that I'll do that when I become a billionaire, that way I can get matching chains between my pocket watch and my monocle.

I mean there's literally nothing worse in the world than having like a gold monocle with a gold chain and than having a completely mismatched rose gold pocket watch with a rose gold chain. That's just not proper. You know what I mean?

05-02-2017, 08:58 PM
(05-02-2017 08:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 08:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Get a pocket watch and you can collect chains too. Tongue

I have actually thought of that. My conclusion was that I'll do that when I become a billionaire, that way I can get matching chains between my pocket watch and my monocle.

I mean there's literally nothing worse in the world than having like a gold monocle with a gold chain and than having a completely mismatched rose gold pocket watch with a rose gold chain. That's just not proper. You know what I mean?

That's really funny because I almost suggested a monocle too. Laugh out load If you get a top-hat you'll look like the Monopoly guy.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-02-2017, 09:03 PM

Old people style? Like these?

[Image: NATOfun.jpg]

I've been wearing these for years.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-02-2017, 09:07 PM
(05-02-2017 09:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  

Old people style? Like these?

[Image: NATOfun.jpg]

I've been wearing these for years.

Yea just like those, nato straps.
I thought you were more into this sort of stuff.

[Image: watch.png?4042789681691818668]

05-02-2017, 09:09 PM
I have 5 straps, so a tiny collection thus far but it's a start.

A red one, a black with double red stripes, orange with single white stripe, Irish one with orange white and green and the original one that came with my watch, blue with cream/sand stripe.