Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
05-02-2017, 09:40 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-02-2017 09:09 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have 5 straps, so a tiny collection thus far but it's a start.

A red one, a black with double red stripes, orange with single white stripe, Irish one with orange white and green and the original one that came with my watch, blue with cream/sand stripe.

Those are all nice choices. Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-02-2017, 10:47 PM
When you're sneezing your fucking head off and blowing your nose every ten seconds a mere ONE DAY before going on an out-of-state trip:

Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
05-02-2017, 10:50 PM
(05-02-2017 10:47 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  When you're sneezing your fucking head off and blowing your nose every ten seconds a mere ONE DAY before going on an out-of-state trip:

Sneezing isn't allowed on Bourbon Street Tongue

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
06-02-2017, 07:15 AM
(04-02-2017 04:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I'm a shit human being...

Settle in for a story, eh? So, my first best friend went to church with me and went to the same school as me 'til round about 3rd or 4th grade and then her parents pulled she and her siblings out to be homeschooled. My friend became more and more religious, and we kept in contact with letters for a bit, but while she was talking about god stuff, I wanted to talk about boys, so we fell out of sync for a while.

Some years later, she was getting married and she asked me to be in the wedding so we talked a bit more then, but again things were a bit out of sync. I think around that time she was questioning the benevolence of God because she was a nurse and had seen a lot of shitty things happen to people. At that time, I was still a christian and was starting to become more religious.

Fast forward to later on and we met up again and I was full-blown super religious at that time and she didn't seem to be quite so much (this meet-up and the wedding were not super far apart) so once again we were out of sync.

Well now, she recently sent me a message on Facebook saying she'd been a crappy friend (I don't think she was, we just were never in sync - it happens, no hard feelings) and maybe we could hang out again. Being the jerk I am, I just ignored it because I don't want to go there and I don't want to have the conversation. You know, the one where I would need to lay things out on the table and say that I'm not religious anymore (and if I suddenly grew a pair of massive stones, actually say I'm an atheist) and if that were a problem, then we can't hang out. But even at that, I don't really want to hang out. I don't have all that much free time and so I don't have time for a friend. I've never been good at being available enough to spend time with friends - why start now?

So basically I just ignored the message and left it at that.

Now we come to today. Sleepy Mom shows up to our house to give me some new car insurance cards and tells me that this ex best friend of mine is dating my brother. Gasp So that's really fucking awkward. And now, if things go well between them, I'll be seeing more of her so what the fuck am I supposed to say? I'll have to give some reason for not replying to her message - "Yo, it's like... I'm just a jerk, man" Hobo Oye. Facepalm

Why me. Why me... Weeping And if my brother is dating her, that tells me she's religious again because he ditched a girl a while back who was a really progressive Christian - she had a gay roommate! the scandal! how dare she not shun this gay person! - and who I quite liked but she apparently wasn't enough of a bigot for my brother to associate with. Rolleyes

What the fuck am I gonna do. Sad

My favorite excuse is that I am rarely if ever on facebook. I have one computer at home I almost never use since it is dedicated to nothing but facebook. I use my other machine for games and other things. It is none of facebooks business what I do outside of their website. In all seriousness though, you need to nip that in the bud. Come out as an atheist. If she has a problem with it, she will dump your brother and run screaming into the night. Who knows, she might respond with a "So am I.". Then you would have something in common. It sounds like she was falling away from being religious. You may have ended up in the same group, even though you took different paths.
06-02-2017, 08:53 AM
Going to the DMV the day before our trip because we're lunatics!!! Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
06-02-2017, 09:56 AM
I screwed up my schedule and now I had to change my long awaited hair appointment.

Damn it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

06-02-2017, 10:11 AM
I think some unwashed socks made it into my sock drawer, because my feet now smell like the rotting carcass of a dead whale.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
06-02-2017, 10:12 AM
(06-02-2017 10:11 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I think some unwashed socks made it into my sock drawer, because my feet now smell like the rotting carcass of a dead whale.

Been there, done that.

Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
06-02-2017, 10:36 AM
(06-02-2017 10:12 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 10:11 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I think some unwashed socks made it into my sock drawer, because my feet now smell like the rotting carcass of a dead whale.

Been there, done that.

Tongue

And you have the tee shirt? Tongue and a fresh pair of socks?

Need to think of a witty signature.
06-02-2017, 10:46 AM

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post