Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-02-2017, 11:26 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(05-02-2017 08:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 08:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Get a pocket watch and you can collect chains too. Tongue

I have actually thought of that. My conclusion was that I'll do that when I become a billionaire, that way I can get matching chains between my pocket watch and my monocle.

I mean there's literally nothing worse in the world than having like a gold monocle with a gold chain and than having a completely mismatched rose gold pocket watch with a rose gold chain. That's just not proper. You know what I mean?

In my experience it’s hard to become a millionaire, much less a billionaire, when you blow your money on non-appreciating or income producing stuff. Just an observation.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2017, 11:31 AM

I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
06-02-2017, 12:38 PM
...I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to make this thread into a series of exploding whales. :shock:

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-02-2017, 05:08 PM
(06-02-2017 11:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(05-02-2017 08:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  I have actually thought of that. My conclusion was that I'll do that when I become a billionaire, that way I can get matching chains between my pocket watch and my monocle.

I mean there's literally nothing worse in the world than having like a gold monocle with a gold chain and than having a completely mismatched rose gold pocket watch with a rose gold chain. That's just not proper. You know what I mean?

In my experience it’s hard to become a millionaire, much less a billionaire, when you blow your money on non-appreciating or income producing stuff. Just an observation.

They're not that expensive and I'm not gonna become a millionaire if I instead just put that money in a savings account. My income is way too low to ever become a millionaire based on my paycheck, no matter how much I save.

And besides, in my experience, you need to spend a little bit of money on things you enjoy. It's what life's about.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
06-02-2017, 05:56 PM
(06-02-2017 10:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

WHY
did I click that while eating spaghetti? Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
06-02-2017, 08:26 PM
Catholic FB group I'm no longer in, last post was saying you have to choose one, being Catholic or being anti-fascist.

(06-02-2017 05:56 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 10:46 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

WHY
did I click that while eating spaghetti? Facepalm

Did it explode out of you like you were the whale?

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
06-02-2017, 08:35 PM
(06-02-2017 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 11:26 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  In my experience it’s hard to become a millionaire, much less a billionaire, when you blow your money on non-appreciating or income producing stuff. Just an observation.

They're not that expensive and I'm not gonna become a millionaire if I instead just put that money in a savings account. My income is way too low to ever become a millionaire based on my paycheck, no matter how much I save.

And besides, in my experience, you need to spend a little bit of money on things you enjoy. It's what life's about.

[Image: cropped-header2-1.jpg]

[Image: COMPOUND-INTEREST.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-02-2017, 08:46 PM
(06-02-2017 08:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Catholic FB group I'm no longer in, last post was saying you have to choose one, being Catholic or being anti-fascist.

It is honorable that you are no longer in that den of fascist vipers. Thumbsup

Please tell us you fired a parting shot. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
06-02-2017, 11:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2017 11:35 PM by leigh7911.)
I cannot, for the life of me, understand why my incredibly intelligent (but absent-minded, it must be said) friend thought it a good idea to hand her phone over to her 8 year old. Apparently she gave said child permission to message her grandma... but she messaged ALL of my friend's friends. Like, how do you not see that coming? Sigh.

ETA: Upon further reflection, there may be 8 year olds out there responsible enough to hand a phone over to unsupervised. But I've met this one, and no. Also, she (the adult friend) had better be glad that the last message from me, that her child definitely read, was restrained and I did NOT go into detail why I'm still very much not interested in using the same faith-based homeschooling curriculum they do.
[+] 1 user Likes leigh7911's post
06-02-2017, 11:55 PM
(06-02-2017 08:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Catholic FB group I'm no longer in, last post was saying you have to choose one, being Catholic or being anti-fascist.

That's... refreshingly honest?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.