Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-02-2017, 01:30 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-02-2017 08:35 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 05:08 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  They're not that expensive and I'm not gonna become a millionaire if I instead just put that money in a savings account. My income is way too low to ever become a millionaire based on my paycheck, no matter how much I save.

And besides, in my experience, you need to spend a little bit of money on things you enjoy. It's what life's about.

[Image: cropped-header2-1.jpg]

[Image: COMPOUND-INTEREST.jpg]

Besides, I already have savings. I have $500 in just a savings account and over $5,000 in retirement savings account that deducts a percentage from my paycheck each fortnight that my employer matches. (5% I believe).

I'm not completely rubbish with money, I work 16 hours a week, I can't afford (literally) to be bad with money. And besides, my point still stands. I'm not spending a bit of money on simple pleasures in life at the expense of my fiscal future.
I just believe that you don't need to save save save. Just save save will suffice.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-02-2017, 07:39 PM
(06-02-2017 08:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 08:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Catholic FB group I'm no longer in, last post was saying you have to choose one, being Catholic or being anti-fascist.

It is honorable that you are no longer in that den of fascist vipers. Thumbsup

Please tell us you fired a parting shot. Consider
Thanks. And I did, though quit right after saying that I couldn't see how one could be Catholic and fascist, and that it was an insult to so many who died in so many nations that they felt you couldn't be. Including my patron saint, who died in a Nazi concentration camp for another man who had a family. So no clue how they reacted.

(06-02-2017 11:28 PM)leigh7911 Wrote:  I cannot, for the life of me, understand why my incredibly intelligent (but absent-minded, it must be said) friend thought it a good idea to hand her phone over to her 8 year old. Apparently she gave said child permission to message her grandma... but she messaged ALL of my friend's friends. Like, how do you not see that coming? Sigh.

ETA: Upon further reflection, there may be 8 year olds out there responsible enough to hand a phone over to unsupervised. But I've met this one, and no. Also, she (the adult friend) had better be glad that the last message from me, that her child definitely read, was restrained and I did NOT go into detail why I'm still very much not interested in using the same faith-based homeschooling curriculum they do.
My cousin's kid ordered $800 of stuff when they gave her their Kindle Fire once, so totally with you about not giving a kid that sort of technology! And nice of you to not slam the faith based homeschooling curriculum, is it ACE?

(06-02-2017 11:55 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(06-02-2017 08:26 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Catholic FB group I'm no longer in, last post was saying you have to choose one, being Catholic or being anti-fascist.

That's... refreshingly honest?

<.<

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-02-2017, 06:03 PM
I went out to the back of the orchard to get the tractor (with snowblower attached) and move it close to the house - we're getting between 6 and 18 inches of snow (depending on which TV station) tomorrow. I didn't want to have to slog through that much snow (carrying the battery which I had recharged) tomorrow.

The friggin' tractor wouldn't start. Weeping It appears to be an electrical problem, possibly mouse-chewed wiring. Angry

It was 4PM and I called the tractor shop for help, throwing myself on their mercy. The mechanic said they could come pick it up but probably could get it back to me tomorrow. Blink

After some discussion about the problem, he said he'd get ask the boss what they could do. So Lisa (husband/wife team own it, all three kids and the wife's sister work there) called me back. She said she would try to get someone out to look at it early tomorrow. This is going to cost me. Dodgy

Ah, well. If they can't fix it tomorrow, Plan B® is for a friend of mine to come plow me out. The problem there is that the driveway is pretty much crushed stone and is easy to damage with a plow.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
08-02-2017, 08:26 PM
(08-02-2017 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I went out to the back of the orchard to get the tractor (with snowblower attached) and move it close to the house - we're getting between 6 and 18 inches of snow (depending on which TV station) tomorrow. I didn't want to have to slog through that much snow (carrying the battery which I had recharged) tomorrow.

The friggin' tractor wouldn't start. Weeping It appears to be an electrical problem, possibly mouse-chewed wiring. Angry

It was 4PM and I called the tractor shop for help, throwing myself on their mercy. The mechanic said they could come pick it up but probably could get it back to me tomorrow. Blink

After some discussion about the problem, he said he'd get ask the boss what they could do. So Lisa (husband/wife team own it, all three kids and the wife's sister work there) called me back. She said she would try to get someone out to look at it early tomorrow. This is going to cost me. Dodgy

Ah, well. If they can't fix it tomorrow, Plan B® is for a friend of mine to come plow me out. The problem there is that the driveway is pretty much crushed stone and is easy to damage with a plow.

Shiiiite those struggles are real. Stuff like that always happens when you need it the most.
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
09-02-2017, 07:10 AM
(08-02-2017 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  I went out to the back of the orchard to get the tractor (with snowblower attached) and move it close to the house - we're getting between 6 and 18 inches of snow (depending on which TV station) tomorrow. I didn't want to have to slog through that much snow (carrying the battery which I had recharged) tomorrow.

Oh, you in Northern NJ too?
09-02-2017, 08:48 AM
(03-02-2017 04:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-02-2017 03:44 PM)julep Wrote:  My son was just home for a few weeks for winter break and our grocery bill literally doubled. And the milk! I was buying milk every other day.

Some weeks I'm throwing stuff out because it never gets eaten. Monday I bought over the amounts I usually buy and the shit is all gone.

So, I ran to the market to buy bread, more fucking peanut butter (I swear Aliza must be sneaking into my house to steal it), some chicken strips, more eggs and chips/snacky crap. I guess they're gearing up for Valentine's Day because they had some really good buys.

At least the ice is gone and we're back to regular suck ass rain.

Oh my shoes got soaked when I stepped into a puddle.

If it looks like you're not eating it fast enough, clearly your peanut butter needs a new home. I'm not going to let it go to waste.

You're welcome. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
09-02-2017, 09:11 AM

Won't crank - or no spark????

Also -- what year/make machine??

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
09-02-2017, 02:37 PM
(08-02-2017 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ah, well. If they can't fix it tomorrow, Plan B® is for a friend of mine to come plow me out. The problem there is that the driveway is pretty much crushed stone and is easy to damage with a plow.

Plan B ® means only one thing to me. It's not the thing you were referring to, though. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
09-02-2017, 09:22 PM
(09-02-2017 07:10 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

Oh, you in Northern NJ too?

Massachusetts.

09-02-2017, 09:23 PM
(09-02-2017 02:37 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(08-02-2017 06:03 PM)Chas Wrote:  Ah, well. If they can't fix it tomorrow, Plan B® is for a friend of mine to come plow me out. The problem there is that the driveway is pretty much crushed stone and is easy to damage with a plow.

Plan B ® means only one thing to me. It's not the thing you were referring to, though. Laugh out load

I sometimes feel that fucking tractor is an abortion. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like Chas's post