Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-02-2017, 04:08 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-02-2017 12:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I've gotta try to hold my shit together and drive my POS car in its current less-than-optimal 'til Wednesday when I get paid. Dear Satan please don't let the repair bill be too much. Weeping

I swear if I could get away with it I would just ride a goddamn bike.

[Image: 6cb2e6439f8311832e5200ca71af3e56.jpg]

And people wonder why my SO and I have 8 cars ready to drive.

One dies - break out another...

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 04:30 PM
(10-02-2017 12:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I swear if I could get away with it I would just ride a goddamn bike.

Don't be so sure you can't. I live in Wisconsin ("the frozen tundra"), and I ride a bike year-round -- I haven't owned a car for the last 25 years. I have had to make some adjustments in my lifestyle, but for me, not having the expense and worry of a car is worth every bit of it.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
10-02-2017, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2017 04:50 PM by Chas.)
(10-02-2017 03:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For the love of Bob and all that is heathen, does anyone know how to fucking make an Excel graph with a category on the x-axis and a category on y-axis before I hunt down the Hindu in Redwood and make him eat cow?

Does this help?

Or this?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-02-2017, 04:59 PM
(10-02-2017 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 03:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For the love of Bob and all that is heathen, does anyone know how to fucking make an Excel graph with a category on the x-axis and a category on y-axis before I hunt down the Hindu in Redwood and make him eat cow?

Does this help?

Or this?

It no do what it say. Weeping Won't let me make one series vertical and the other series horizontal.

#sigh
10-02-2017, 05:03 PM
(10-02-2017 04:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 12:04 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I swear if I could get away with it I would just ride a goddamn bike.

Don't be so sure you can't. I live in Wisconsin ("the frozen tundra"), and I ride a bike year-round -- I haven't owned a car for the last 25 years. I have had to make some adjustments in my lifestyle, but for me, not having the expense and worry of a car is worth every bit of it.

This man does not joke about being in "the frozen tundra". Was assured when interviewing here that "oh no we don't get a lot of Lake Effect Snow". That was truth. What they neglected to mention was months worth of -20 windchills. Tongue Really don't know how you bike it Grasshopper, made of sterner stuff than me, that's for certain.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
10-02-2017, 05:30 PM
(10-02-2017 05:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 04:30 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Don't be so sure you can't. I live in Wisconsin ("the frozen tundra"), and I ride a bike year-round -- I haven't owned a car for the last 25 years. I have had to make some adjustments in my lifestyle, but for me, not having the expense and worry of a car is worth every bit of it.

This man does not joke about being in "the frozen tundra". Was assured when interviewing here that "oh no we don't get a lot of Lake Effect Snow". That was truth. What they neglected to mention was months worth of -20 windchills. Tongue Really don't know how you bike it Grasshopper, made of sterner stuff than me, that's for certain.

There's an old saying: "There's no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing." You can dress for just about anything, although there are limits to how much you can wear and still be able to ride a bike. And although I used to have studded tires that I put on the bike in the winter, I was always a bit leery of riding on ice, and I'm definitely too old for that now -- and as you know, we've had more than our normal share of ice this year. On the really bad days, I walk or take the bus. I can always dress warmly enough for walking, although ice is still a problem.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
10-02-2017, 06:57 PM
(10-02-2017 12:53 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  So, I almost had a dumbass hit me head on the day before yesterday. I just hit my brakes and hit the horn, but I stayed my course. Our vehicles were about evenly matched weight wise. If he did hit me and disabled mine, his would be just as bad off. This would mean he couldn't just run away. He was all the way into my lane. He managed to avoid hitting me. As the dumbass passed by, of course he was fucking texting. I know how these people operate. I see him in my lane and go off the road and smack a tree or guardrail and the piece of shit just keeps on going. I say "Bring it on bitch.". If he hit me, he would have been completely at fault.

You're such an asshole. Someday you're going to ruin two sets of lives. Fuck you.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
10-02-2017, 07:05 PM
(10-02-2017 06:57 PM)julep Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 12:53 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  So, I almost had a dumbass hit me head on the day before yesterday. I just hit my brakes and hit the horn, but I stayed my course. Our vehicles were about evenly matched weight wise. If he did hit me and disabled mine, his would be just as bad off. This would mean he couldn't just run away. He was all the way into my lane. He managed to avoid hitting me. As the dumbass passed by, of course he was fucking texting. I know how these people operate. I see him in my lane and go off the road and smack a tree or guardrail and the piece of shit just keeps on going. I say "Bring it on bitch.". If he hit me, he would have been completely at fault.

You're such an asshole. Someday you're going to ruin two sets of lives. Fuck you.

But, but, but....Birdbutt was being wronged. It's crucial to his victimhood to be an asshole.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-02-2017, 07:08 PM
(10-02-2017 07:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 06:57 PM)julep Wrote:  You're such an asshole. Someday you're going to ruin two sets of lives. Fuck you.

But, but, but....Birdbutt was being wronged. It's crucial to his victimhood to be an asshole.

It's probably even somebody else's fault that I think Birdbrain is an asshole...maybe Obama's to blame.
10-02-2017, 10:21 PM
(10-02-2017 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does this help?

Or this?

It no do what it say. Weeping Won't let me make one series vertical and the other series horizontal.

If these are value pairs, then just put the two series in two rows in one-to-one correspondence. Then those two rows are your data and will plot and set the axes correctly.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]