Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-02-2017, 10:24 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I don't wanna go to the dentist tomorrow. Weeping So tired of dentist visits. Sad

I get the permanent crown on my left back molar and I get the root canal on my right back molar done. Jesus, I'd forgotten they were gonna do the second root canal. Fuck. Sad Why did I tell them to go ahead and try to do it on tomorrow's visit? Why? Facepalm

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2017, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-2017 10:49 PM by Fireball.)
(10-02-2017 04:59 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 04:46 PM)Chas Wrote:  Does this help?

Or this?

It no do what it say. Weeping Won't let me make one series vertical and the other series horizontal.

I have a solution, but your firstborn is insufficient collateral. Drinking Beverage

Confucious say, path to enlightenment take much sweat of brow, or consultation with the Gates. Angel
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
10-02-2017, 10:48 PM
(10-02-2017 10:24 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I don't wanna go to the dentist tomorrow. Weeping So tired of dentist visits. Sad

I get the permanent crown on my left back molar and I get the root canal on my right back molar done. Jesus, I'd forgotten they were gonna do the second root canal. Fuck. Sad Why did I tell them to go ahead and try to do it on tomorrow's visit? Why? Facepalm

Look at it this way! You have missed out on all the dreading you'd have otherwise been doing!

Hug Hang in there and good luck tomorrow.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
10-02-2017, 10:54 PM
(10-02-2017 10:48 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 10:24 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I don't wanna go to the dentist tomorrow. Weeping So tired of dentist visits. Sad

Look at it this way! You have missed out on all the dreading you'd have otherwise been doing!

Hug Hang in there and good luck tomorrow.

Thanks, Aliza. Hug

My daughter's boyfriend is coming over tomorrow so Rev is gonna stay home to supervise and whatnot, but I should be fine at the dentist's office. We've established that I won't run out of the place running and screaming... Eh, I mean they're always super nice to me and everything, and they give me a lot of control over the situation, and honestly this tooth *shouldn't* be as big a deal as the last one I had the root canal on, so we'll see. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
11-02-2017, 07:25 AM
My old phone died the other day. It's core system apps failed one after another, then its soul flew away, 'O glory.

A lot of music that I was composing wasn't backed up. Now it's gone. Forever.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
11-02-2017, 07:48 AM
(10-02-2017 04:02 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(10-02-2017 12:53 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  So, I almost had a dumbass hit me head on the day before yesterday. I just hit my brakes and hit the horn, but I stayed my course. Our vehicles were about evenly matched weight wise. If he did hit me and disabled mine, his would be just as bad off. This would mean he couldn't just run away. He was all the way into my lane. He managed to avoid hitting me. As the dumbass passed by, of course he was fucking texting. I know how these people operate. I see him in my lane and go off the road and smack a tree or guardrail and the piece of shit just keeps on going. I say "Bring it on bitch.". If he hit me, he would have been completely at fault.

If he hit you, there's a good chance you would both be dead. Head-on collisions tend to be pretty nasty. The laws of physics don't care who's "right". In the same situation, most sane people would have gotten the hell out of his way. I certainly would have.

I had the time to come nearly to a dead stop. If he hit me, the safety features would have kicked in. I may be injured, but it would be better than slamming into a tree and having the asshole continue on as if nothing happened.
11-02-2017, 10:26 AM
I went a little too far yesterday. I'm spending time with my cousin this weekend and we went on a walk on a beautiful, rare 70 degree day. I asked her to describe her relationship with Jesus to me and I listened carefully to her transition from saying "Jesus" to the more amorphous concepts "God" and "Spirit." Of course, she asked my question back at me and I confessed that I don't have a relationship with Jesus and I have serious doubts that the historical Jesus even existed. At the end of our conversation, she said it felt heavy and I realized I'd gone too far. Let's say I was able to convince someone to become atheist in a single conversation. That's not an option for a lot of Christians because they're married, have kids, and all their friends exist within the context of church. Sowing doubt for the sake of being "right" is far from being a loving act. If I could do it again, I think I would decline to answer my own question for my cousin.

Even as an atheist, I'm still involved in a church community because I value my relationships there and want to cut ties slowly over time. It's going to be an interesting transition, where I have to learn to balance honesty with tact. I'm glad to have this forum as a lifeline.
[+] 1 user Likes port_of_call's post
11-02-2017, 10:58 AM
"Why don't people go to Confession any more?" Well, first, you schedule it at times people aren't available, like 9am or 3:30pm, then you make it for only a half hour in length, and then if someone shows up at the literal last minute, you get huffy about it and point at your watch and berate for not getting there sooner. Listen, I came, that's more than most of your congregation does; and under canon law, you're required to make time for it, even if you're going to be a whiny butthead about it. So thanks for that 1.5 minute long Confession that was such a terrible burden on your day, that you had to do your damn job as a member of the clergy, during the time you slotted to do that portion of your job.

Worth noting, didn't go to the parish I usually attend Mass at, but the one close to my apartment. Whose priest I've never liked since the moment we first met. Doesn't set my molester-dar off (though I am 2 for 2 on that one in eventual charges being levied against them), just self absorbed fellow who finds the laity to be a burden.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-02-2017, 11:03 AM
(11-02-2017 10:58 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "Why don't people go to Confession any more?" Well, first, you schedule it at times people aren't available, like 9am or 3:30pm, then you make it for only a half hour in length, and then if someone shows up at the literal last minute, you get huffy about it and point at your watch and berate for not getting there sooner. Listen, I came, that's more than most of your congregation does; and under canon law, you're required to make time for it, even if you're going to be a whiny butthead about it. So thanks for that 1.5 minute long Confession that was such a terrible burden on your day, that you had to do your damn job as a member of the clergy, during the time you slotted to do that portion of your job.

Worth noting, didn't go to the parish I usually attend Mass at, but the one close to my apartment. Whose priest I've never liked since the moment we first met. Doesn't set my molester-dar off (though I am 2 for 2 on that one in eventual charges being levied against them), just self absorbed fellow who finds the laity to be a burden.

You do realize that if you embraced atheism this would no longer be a problem right? Big Grin

Forgive me father for I have sinned.
How long since your last confession?
A) Two hours B) 35 years.
Wait what?
Yeah, sorry about that.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
11-02-2017, 12:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-02-2017 12:12 PM by Shai Hulud.)
(11-02-2017 11:03 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 10:58 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "Why don't people go to Confession any more?" Well, first, you schedule it at times people aren't available, like 9am or 3:30pm, then you make it for only a half hour in length, and then if someone shows up at the literal last minute, you get huffy about it and point at your watch and berate for not getting there sooner. Listen, I came, that's more than most of your congregation does; and under canon law, you're required to make time for it, even if you're going to be a whiny butthead about it. So thanks for that 1.5 minute long Confession that was such a terrible burden on your day, that you had to do your damn job as a member of the clergy, during the time you slotted to do that portion of your job.

You do realize that if you embraced atheism this would no longer be a problem right? Big Grin

Forgive me father for I have sinned.
How long since your last confession?
A) Two hours B) 35 years.
Wait what?
Yeah, sorry about that.

Dude, I've been stuck in line before behind people at those communal reconciliation things where someone has been away for like 35 years and everyone in line is going "what's taking so long in there?". My favorite of the communal reconciliation services had to be when I skipped to a different line during one of those, because the priest whose line I was in, looked like Vladimir Putin. When I told the priest I ended up with, "I didn't want to confess to Father Putin" he knew exactly who I meant. Tongue

And yes, I imagine ceasing to believe would help not having to get to Confession at odd times when it's given. Edit: Funny enough FC, some Catholic on FB gave the opposite of your suggestion, "so just stop sinning".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user