Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-02-2017, 10:13 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-02-2017 09:43 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 01:34 AM)Aliza Wrote:  This is how you spend your vacation?!

[Image: 105L.jpg]

Heh Hobo

Well, first day of vacation was last Friday and I had a doctor's appointment. Then the next Monday, went to the DMV to get daughter's learner's permit. Then Tuesday we went to New Orleans - got back home late Thursday night. Friday, went and got the kids and picked up groceries. Yesterday was root canal, then chill out. Today is D&D and then just hang out 'til time to get my son from his dad's house. And then tomorrow morning, daughter has appointment with the psych, then it's back to work for me. Weeping

Tuesday through Thursdays are approved vacation activities. Good job! Thumbsup Root Canals are not. A good measure of what is and is not a proper vacation activity is whether or not you can find it on a cruise ship. I'm pretty sure that no cruise director would ever add dental work to the schedule of activities. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
12-02-2017, 10:28 AM
(12-02-2017 10:13 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(12-02-2017 09:43 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Heh Hobo

Well, first day of vacation was last Friday and I had a doctor's appointment. Then the next Monday, went to the DMV to get daughter's learner's permit. Then Tuesday we went to New Orleans - got back home late Thursday night. Friday, went and got the kids and picked up groceries. Yesterday was root canal, then chill out. Today is D&D and then just hang out 'til time to get my son from his dad's house. And then tomorrow morning, daughter has appointment with the psych, then it's back to work for me. Weeping

Tuesday through Thursdays are approved vacation activities. Good job! Thumbsup Root Canals are not. A good measure of what is and is not a proper vacation activity is whether or not you can find it on a cruise ship. I'm pretty sure that no cruise director would ever add dental work to the schedule of activities. Tongue

It would be BDSM cruise with significant emphasis on S part.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
12-02-2017, 01:10 PM
I understand how Sisyphus must have felt.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-02-2017, 01:19 PM
(12-02-2017 01:10 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I understand how Sisyphus must have felt.

Hug

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
12-02-2017, 11:15 PM
Now there's a crack in my windshield. Sad We are having the worst luck with this goddamn car lately. We really really need good news on Wednesday (which is when I drop the car off to get looked at). Need it to be a cheap-ish fix. Because then we can get that taken care of and when income tax refund gets back to us, then I can get some maintenance stuff done on the car that I was going to fucking do anyway. Facepalm But then of course we ran into the f'in problem with the check engine light.

Good news Wednesday would be that the breather hose just got bumped somehow and is letting too much air in and can be replaced, or that a sensor is just dead or whatever and if so that it's the same sensor that went dead last time and there's some kind of warranty on it and maybe no charge to us? Hobo

13-02-2017, 08:22 AM
(11-02-2017 06:32 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(11-02-2017 07:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I had the time to come nearly to a dead stop. If he hit me, the safety features would have kicked in. I may be injured, but it would be better than slamming into a tree and having the asshole continue on as if nothing happened.

I'll bet you could have gotten out of his way without "slamming into a tree". Inviting someone to hit you is never a good idea. You're probably one of those assholes who slams on the brakes when someone is tailgating you. That's not a good idea either.

Get some anger management counseling (or better yet, stop driving) before you kill someone.

This was on a back road with no shoulder to pull off onto. There is also a rather good size snowbank on both sides. To swerve to avoid being hit would put me a.) on assholes side of the road (he hits me there and it is my fault) b.) Up and over the snowbank and yes probably into a tree. or c.) Hitting the snowbank and ending up somewhere completely unpredicted. Being stopped in my own lane to lessen the impact was the best option. If he hit me there, it would be his insurance paying for the damage. Anyone that doesn't see it as the best option probably texts and drives and has empathy for the texting fool.
13-02-2017, 10:07 AM
Just had a crew cut wearing, blond haired, blue eyed, MAGA hat wearing, white student yell at me in class that I was anti-police and painting all cops with a broad brush as evil, because we were discussing race and the justice system and I mentioned the old slave patrols many Southern departments grew out of and gave an example of a former boss who was pulled over multiple times in his Lexus for driving while black. Great way to start a Monday.

Had to point out that no, I wasn't saying all cops. That I've had, for example, a roommate who was a cop. And worked with several officers, including a nearly 30 year veteran of a major police department (who I didn't mention was one of only four cops in his graduating class to not be killed or arrested for corruption).

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
13-02-2017, 10:16 AM
(13-02-2017 10:07 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just had a crew cut wearing, blond haired, blue eyed, MAGA hat wearing, white student yell at me in class that I was anti-police and painting all cops with a broad brush as evil, because we were discussing race and the justice system and I mentioned the old slave patrols many Southern departments grew out of and gave an example of a former boss who was pulled over multiple times in his Lexus for driving while black. Great way to start a Monday.

Had to point out that no, I wasn't saying all cops. That I've had, for example, a roommate who was a cop. And worked with several officers, including a nearly 30 year veteran of a major police department (who I didn't mention was one of only four cops in his graduating class to not be killed or arrested for corruption).

Check his SATs.

#sigh
13-02-2017, 10:20 AM
(13-02-2017 10:07 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Just had a crew cut wearing, blond haired, blue eyed, MAGA hat wearing, white student yell at me in class that I was anti-police and painting all cops with a broad brush as evil, because we were discussing race and the justice system and I mentioned the old slave patrols many Southern departments grew out of and gave an example of a former boss who was pulled over multiple times in his Lexus for driving while black. Great way to start a Monday.

Just remember you intellectuals are the first target. Especially if you don't spout the party rhetoric.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-02-2017, 12:10 PM
(13-02-2017 10:16 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Check his SATs.

For all I know, they could be good. Don't really have access lol.

(13-02-2017 10:20 AM)morondog Wrote:  Just remember you intellectuals are the first target. Especially if you don't spout the party rhetoric.
So sadly true. One of my colleagues had someone stand up in his Wednesday night class and denounce him as "pushing your liberal agenda down our throats" in Race, Crime, and Law when he was discussing things totally backed by the data, and was citing the data. Another of his students threatened to place him on TurningPoint USA's Liberal Professor Watchlist. (Actually two have now, a second did on Wednesday, when a student went off on Islam, and he made comparisons to Christianity in doctrine.)

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user