Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-02-2017, 09:08 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-02-2017 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 08:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I need peanut butter! Angry

I'm taking this class that treats us like elementary school students. The professor brings out magazines, glue, scissors and crayons so we can artistically "share" what we learned and how we felt about the chapter in the book. She has voiced her intent several times to rearrange the class into groups or in a big circle so we could "share" with each other face to face. -Because learning is sharing.

You want me to share what I'm thinking? This is a stupid fucking teaching method and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I could give a flying rat's ass about Lupe's Mexican heritage and how her background impacts her learning style. Shut the fuck up and write your fucking paper, bitch!

Okay, I'm getting the peanut butter out now. I'll feel better very soon.

Actually it sounds like fun! Do you get to do that whole trust thing where I promise to catch you if you close your eye and fall backwards? That one's hilarious.

Today, we discussed the finer details about where babies come from. I shit you not, there were some surprised faces in class today. I wouldn't trust these people to catch me because I'm not convinced that they're any brighter than a bag of bricks.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Aliza's post
13-02-2017, 09:09 PM
(13-02-2017 09:08 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Actually it sounds like fun! Do you get to do that whole trust thing where I promise to catch you if you close your eye and fall backwards? That one's hilarious.

Today, we discussed the finer details about where babies come from. I shit you not, there were some surprised faces in class today. I wouldn't trust these people to catch me because I'm not convinced that they're any brighter than a bag of bricks.

I love show and tell!

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-02-2017, 09:11 PM

I'm taking this class that treats us like elementary school students. The professor brings out magazines, glue, scissors and crayons so we can artistically "share" what we learned and how we felt about the chapter in the book. She has voiced her intent several times to rearrange the class into groups or in a big circle so we could "share" with each other face to face. -Because learning is sharing.

You want me to share what I'm thinking? This is a stupid fucking teaching method and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I could give a flying rat's ass about Lupe's Mexican heritage and how her background impacts her learning style. Shut the fuck up and write your fucking paper, bitch!

Ugh that would drive me crazy! Luckily, I never had any professors like that. I don't really even understand how that has anything to do with your actual lesson. Insane. I did have one weird professor who insisted on taking photos of every person in the class individually so she could remember our names. Hobo She still didn't get our names right. She constantly called me Emily and this other long haired brunette girl, Jenny *for the entire semester.* We both had long dark hair and our names both end in -y...but really, for the whole semester and you took photos Rolleyes

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
13-02-2017, 09:12 PM
(13-02-2017 09:08 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Actually it sounds like fun! Do you get to do that whole trust thing where I promise to catch you if you close your eye and fall backwards? That one's hilarious.

What kind of college are you going to? Laugh out load

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
13-02-2017, 09:20 PM
(13-02-2017 09:01 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Actually it sounds like fun! Do you get to do that whole trust thing where I promise to catch you if you close your eye and fall backwards? That one's hilarious.

Where I used to work, I'd triple check that the facilitator was watching, if I ever had to do that falling backwards shit. I wouldn't put it past some skank to use a knife for the catch. I've had people who backstabbed so much, that when one guy did it to the person's face (I know, not technically backstabbing), I said "Congratulations, Schmedlap*, you have the signal honor of being the first person stabbed in the back to your face by Grimmsby*, here!". Needless to say, Grimmsby was not pleased with my statement, but what was he gonna do? Backstab me with the boss, again? It also served to notify my boss about what was going on. That guy had a PhD in electrical engineering, and he was a nice guy, but that sumbitch Grimmsby played him like a piano. Dodgy

*Not their real names. Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
13-02-2017, 10:14 PM

Does this mean you're secretly a student in one of my Chair's classes? Sitting in a circle, sharing your feelings, talking about learning styles, "visual projects", etc.

Sorry though Sad

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
14-02-2017, 01:39 AM
There's a strange man wearing a backpack behind my house!!!! Holy fuck he's looking around with flashlight and has a red light on his head. It's fucking creepy as all hell.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-02-2017, 01:59 AM
(14-02-2017 01:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There's a strange man wearing a backpack behind my house!!!! Holy fuck he's looking around with flashlight and has a red light on his head. It's fucking creepy as all hell.

Callez vous les cops

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
14-02-2017, 02:01 AM
(14-02-2017 01:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 01:39 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There's a strange man wearing a backpack behind my house!!!! Holy fuck he's looking around with flashlight and has a red light on his head. It's fucking creepy as all hell.

Callez vous les cops

That's what my man said, but I'm not sure if this is a 911 thing...it doesn't seem like a huge emergency. I hate bothering n-911 for something trivial.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-02-2017, 03:10 AM

Peanut Buttahhh!!!

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post