Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-02-2017, 03:47 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-02-2017 02:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 01:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Callez vous les cops

That's what my man said, but I'm not sure if this is a 911 thing...it doesn't seem like a huge emergency. I hate bothering n-911 for something trivial.

It's not trivial if he's trespassing Wink If he was legit he'd knock on your door and let you know what he was doing - e.g. if his kid threw a ball over the fence or something.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
14-02-2017, 06:59 AM
(14-02-2017 02:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 01:59 AM)morondog Wrote:  Callez vous les cops

That's what my man said, but I'm not sure if this is a 911 thing...it doesn't seem like a huge emergency. I hate bothering n-911 for something trivial.

Yeah, you should probably have called for the guys in blue suits with shiny badges (just alluding the police...)

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-02-2017, 07:20 AM
(13-02-2017 08:58 PM)port_of_call Wrote:  
(13-02-2017 08:43 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I need peanut butter! Angry

I'm taking this class that treats us like elementary school students. The professor brings out magazines, glue, scissors and crayons so we can artistically "share" what we learned and how we felt about the chapter in the book. She has voiced her intent several times to rearrange the class into groups or in a big circle so we could "share" with each other face to face. -Because learning is sharing.

Facepalm My sympathies!

It's a little different, but I live in a town with a lot of New Age woo people. I prefer it to Christianity right now, but it's still intense to have people--even random strangers--ask you about your star sign and the destiny they feel they are committed to.

I thought I'd be able to keep up with church as a nonbeliever since I love the people and community. It's getting tough, though! Yesterday, the priest gave a sermon that linked all these verses together that are so familiar to me. "You are the salt of the earth." "A light on a hill cannot be hid." "Go forth and make disciples of all nations." All of it to insist that man's natural state is to want God and to encourage us to go out and bring the lost sheep home.

The sheep metaphor especially struck me as absurd. I've heard it since I was a very young. Don't wander away from the fold into the dark where the wolves will get ya! But this time, I just passively imagined leaving the fold to find other sheep, in other places, with interesting ideas and customs. It's very peaceful.

Non-believer? Why do you go to church? I go whenever my wife manages to drag me out of the house early enough on a Sunday. The pastor of the church we go to is about to retire. I am tempted to go willingly on his last day, so I can ask him privately if he really believes. I have had my doubts about whether or not he actually is a believer.
14-02-2017, 09:48 AM
(14-02-2017 06:59 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 02:01 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That's what my man said, but I'm not sure if this is a 911 thing...it doesn't seem like a huge emergency. I hate bothering n-911 for something trivial.

Yeah, you should probably have called for the guys in blue suits with shiny badges (just alluding the police...)

The man called when he got home from work at midnight because the dude was still hanging around.

The police showed up, the guy ran and we don't think they got him. But who knows.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

14-02-2017, 10:18 AM
(14-02-2017 09:48 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 06:59 AM)unfogged Wrote:  Yeah, you should probably have called for the guys in blue suits with shiny badges (just alluding the police...)

The man called when he got home from work at midnight because the dude was still hanging around.

The police showed up, the guy ran and we don't think they got him. But who knows.

That's creepy do you have protection of any sort like a gun or something incase he returns?
14-02-2017, 10:29 AM
(14-02-2017 10:18 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 09:48 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The man called when he got home from work at midnight because the dude was still hanging around.

That's creepy do you have protection of any sort like a gun or something incase he returns?

I sincerely hope he doesn't come back. I think what freaked the man out was the picture I snapped with my phone of him. Very horror or xfiles creepy.

No, we don't have a gun, but the man is seriously considering getting one.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-02-2017, 10:38 AM
(14-02-2017 10:29 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 10:18 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That's creepy do you have protection of any sort like a gun or something incase he returns?

I sincerely hope he doesn't come back. I think what freaked the man out was the picture I snapped with my phone of him. Very horror or xfiles creepy.

Yeah might be a good idea, I'd advise a quick release gun safe if you do,being as how your son has special needs, safety first and all.
14-02-2017, 10:48 AM
(14-02-2017 10:29 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 10:18 AM)adey67 Wrote:  That's creepy do you have protection of any sort like a gun or something incase he returns?

If you're not sure if it should be a 911 call or not, always call 911 just to be safe, they can sort it out later.

Don't wait like that again, Dodgy I don't want to hear about something bad happening to you that could have been prevented/avoided. No
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
14-02-2017, 11:04 AM
(14-02-2017 10:48 AM)pablo Wrote:  
(14-02-2017 10:29 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I sincerely hope he doesn't come back. I think what freaked the man out was the picture I snapped with my phone of him. Very horror or xfiles creepy.

If you're not sure if it should be a 911 call or not, always call 911 just to be safe, they can sort it out later.

Don't wait like that again, Dodgy I don't want to hear about something bad happening to you that could have been prevented/avoided. No

Yeah I know. I should have called when he was closer to our property, less area to run away. It was at first just strange.

I know the guy had to have seen me and didn't seem the least bit concerned with me at all. He appeared to looking for something. The flashlight looked rectangle and he had this red light close to his head. Don't know what the fuck that was.

14-02-2017, 11:42 AM
You know you're having a fucked up couple of weeks when you get up at 4:30 AM, work 10.5 hour day and think to yourself "Finally a well-deserved break!"