Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-02-2017, 09:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Every indoor shot on our holiday reel was either completely pixilated or just black. Never getting that brand of disposable camera again. Would have gotten a digital camera but funds got a bit tight. Shame as our hotel room was really cool.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
16-02-2017, 09:36 PM
Me: I'll have to go on lam with Bryce
Husband: that's not a proper getaway car...it's a gay-a-way car.

Facepalm

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 9 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-02-2017, 06:29 AM
Bryce is pretty gay.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
17-02-2017, 08:11 AM
(16-02-2017 09:36 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  it's a [pray the] gay-a-way car.

Facepalm

You car previously belonged to Exodus International or Mike Pence?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-02-2017, 04:13 PM (This post was last modified: 17-02-2017 04:23 PM by Shai Hulud.)
I have a love/hate relationship with student evals. True, my average score in almost all categories is above a 4.0 out of 5.0 (and the two which aren't, are still in the departmental standard deviation); and there are plenty of positive comments. But the negative ones are always well in my mind. "Too political" from the Winterim was my only truly negative comment there aside from another saying I needed to shut one guy up; given this is the class where I had to tell a student it's not good to talk about wishing death on a certain orange leader, I can see that comment. Seriously on the negative comment thing, at one point I had 14 comments in a row about how I make class fun for people, then "So boring, entertain us!" Other people were, person; and it's Intro so I do make an effort to keep it mildly entertaining because it's the gateway-drug-esque course.

On the positive side, my favorite comment has to be, "He is funny and definitely cares about his students and wants them to do well". That's what I really want out of these classes, is for them to be able to do well and take what they learn on with them, so when stuff like that sometimes makes it in, it makes an otherwise blah day into a really nice moment. Smile

Also just came back from a pedagogy meeting which turned into a rant session by the people teaching evolutionary biology, climate change, and I. Because we've all had issues with people already this semester who are very vocal in their anti-data beliefs. Also one guy was late, because he was stopped at a police checkpoint, ostensibly to make sure everyone was buckled up and such, but he said there were ICE agents there also.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
17-02-2017, 07:13 PM
That moment when you're cooking dinner and the house smells so amazing that it's making you hungry.

*runs off to look for good peanut butter*

17-02-2017, 08:07 PM
Why did I ever think coming to my old man's place was a good idea for me.

My mood is have has been largely garbage since my first meds stopped working. I'm not getting anything from my new meds at this point. I don't have the temperament to put up with this place now. I have nothing to effectively distract myself with here. Can't read because I can't focus on it and at the moment I might just tear what ever book I pick up to fucking shreds. I just want to go home... I can't sleep properly, I'm tired, I'm bored, I can't get the damn voice in the back of my head to shut up. I feel super guilty about having such a shitty attitude and for wanting to leave early.
Got a whole nother week of feeling like garbage.

So fucking tired of everything right now. wish I had a way out.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
17-02-2017, 08:22 PM
(17-02-2017 08:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why did I ever think coming to my old man's place was a good idea for me.

My mood is have has been largely garbage since my first meds stopped working. I'm not getting anything from my new meds at this point. I don't have the temperament to put up with this place now. I have nothing to effectively distract myself with here. Can't read because I can't focus on it and at the moment I might just tear what ever book I pick up to fucking shreds. I just want to go home... I can't sleep properly, I'm tired, I'm bored, I can't get the damn voice in the back of my head to shut up. I feel super guilty about having such a shitty attitude and for wanting to leave early.

I wish I had the right words to say that would make all the crap you feel go away.

I don't. All I can offer you is a hug and remind you again how wonderful you are.

Love you!

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-02-2017, 08:45 PM
(17-02-2017 07:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  That moment when you're cooking dinner and the house smells so amazing that it's making you hungry.

*runs off to look for good peanut butter*

Hopefully Aliza hasn't been to your place again.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
17-02-2017, 09:52 PM
(17-02-2017 08:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 08:07 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why did I ever think coming to my old man's place was a good idea for me.

I wish I had the right words to say that would make all the crap you feel go away.

I don't. All I can offer you is a hug and remind you again how wonderful you are.

Love you!

Thanks Momsby. Were it only so easy to believe so.

I've calmed down a bit since I wrote the rant, but that doesn't mean much, just less likely to blurt it out. at the moment I'm tempted to try talking to my father about it. He is at least a littler understanding. The fact of the matter is I fouled up and overestimated my stability; this place simply lacks the stuff I need to deal with myself; I have no infrastructure here if I do go over the edge, and I don't have much to work with to keep distracted here. At my mother's I have the cats and my games to keep me more or less grounded, and emergency centres aren't far off in the unlikely event they become necessary...

Leaving early though leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Feels almost like I'd be betraying dad by going before I said I would initially, and like I'd be insulting his hospitality...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.