Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-02-2017, 10:11 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-02-2017 09:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 08:22 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I wish I had the right words to say that would make all the crap you feel go away.

I don't. All I can offer you is a hug and remind you again how wonderful you are.

Love you!

Thanks Momsby. Were it only so easy to believe so.

I've calmed down a bit since I wrote the rant, but that doesn't mean much, just less likely to blurt it out. at the moment I'm tempted to try talking to my father about it. He is at least a littler understanding. The fact of the matter is I fouled up and overestimated my stability; this place simply lacks the stuff I need to deal with myself; I have no infrastructure here if I do go over the edge, and I don't have much to work with to keep distracted here. At my mother's I have the cats and my games to keep me more or less grounded, and emergency centres aren't far off in the unlikely event they become necessary...

Leaving early though leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Feels almost like I'd be betraying dad by going before I said I would initially, and like I'd be insulting his hospitality...

*hugs*

I think your dad would understand if you explained why you wanted to leave. That it has nothing to do with not wanting to spend time with him. I think if you give yourself a little escape hatch, that you can leave and go home anytime you want without guilt, I think it will help level out your anxiety a bit. It could partly be that you are feeling a bit trapped.

What about taking some photos? Could you do that while at your dad's?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
17-02-2017, 10:31 PM
(17-02-2017 10:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 09:52 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Thanks Momsby. Were it only so easy to believe so.

I've calmed down a bit since I wrote the rant, but that doesn't mean much, just less likely to blurt it out. at the moment I'm tempted to try talking to my father about it. He is at least a littler understanding. The fact of the matter is I fouled up and overestimated my stability; this place simply lacks the stuff I need to deal with myself; I have no infrastructure here if I do go over the edge, and I don't have much to work with to keep distracted here. At my mother's I have the cats and my games to keep me more or less grounded, and emergency centres aren't far off in the unlikely event they become necessary...

Leaving early though leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Feels almost like I'd be betraying dad by going before I said I would initially, and like I'd be insulting his hospitality...

*hugs*

I think your dad would understand if you explained why you wanted to leave. That it has nothing to do with not wanting to spend time with him. I think if you give yourself a little escape hatch, that you can leave and go home anytime you want without guilt, I think it will help level out your anxiety a bit. It could partly be that you are feeling a bit trapped.

I've taken some photos but I'm just not in the mood to try right now. Plus there isn't all that much to shoot here that I haven't done before. Dad lives in a town which could be genously described as "out of the way". Realistically a car is necessary to get most places. The beach is a short walk, but the wind is blowing a lot up here, hasn't actually stopped since I got here. Bound to be kicking up tonnes of sand so the one place that I can get to isn't ideal at the moment...

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-02-2017, 10:32 PM
(17-02-2017 10:31 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-02-2017 10:11 PM)jennybee Wrote:  *hugs*

but the wind is blowing a lot up here, hasn't actually stopped since I got here.

Mary Poppins that shit and get some aerial pics.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-02-2017, 09:58 AM
Went to online chat with Verizon to inquire about the new (again) unlimited data plan. My son got his increased for $9.00 per month...I was quoted almost $80.00 per month partly because the agent said I was being undercharged $20.00 a month already.

Fine...whatever.

Then I get an email showing my bill will be going up $20.00 per month though no changes were made. Angry

Spent another hour on chat getting that fixed. Still don't have unlimited data but at least my bill is back where it was. Undecided Great way to spend Saturday morning. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-02-2017, 01:25 PM
Good Morning TTA!

Despite feeling like crap, and not looking forward to a busy weekend, I decided to contemplate other things to remind me how insignificant my life is. That doesn't sound right, yes i know that my obligations aren't really insignificant, and yet...

[Image: 1.jpg]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2017, 09:51 PM
Should not have tried to watch Event Horizon. Too gory, too scary. 2 out of 5 stars if I'm being generous. It started out good, too. Sad

I am weenie. Weeping

18-02-2017, 10:07 PM
At work.

.I had high hopes for Event Horizon because Sam Neil and a few other cast members.

When I think Sam starts expositioning to the 'Rescue' Astronauts about the very tech they should know how to use?

That is when my hopes were dashed for a good movie.
18-02-2017, 10:23 PM
I was really into the movie and enjoying it until the violence started up. It's just a big turn-off for me. A PG-13 version of the movie would have worked for me just fine. Smile

19-02-2017, 02:34 AM
(18-02-2017 01:25 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Good Morning TTA!

Despite feeling like crap, and not looking forward to a busy weekend, I decided to contemplate other things to remind me how insignificant my life is. That doesn't sound right, yes i know that my obligations aren't really insignificant, and yet...

[Image: 1.jpg]

That a photo from the open road? Travel by night to avoid as many people as possible.
19-02-2017, 07:39 AM
Bought groceries yesterday and managed to come home with one ingredient of a two ingredient dish. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF