Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-12-2012, 04:11 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I hate the cold...It sucks and snow....Where's my global warming when I want it
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2012, 04:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-12-2012 04:34 AM by Vera.)
(02-12-2012 04:04 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh god yes.
Like anyone is gonna say no?
Even if you think it's the ugliest fucking baby you've ever seen you're just not gonna reply or lie.

Perhaps mothers are just so insecure that they think they popped out an ugly baby that they need reassurance from their friends that the 72 hours of labor was worth it.

Oooo! My favorite, "isn't it just a little miracle?"
It's like, "bitch, do you want a biology lesson as to why it isn't a miracle but rather the product of years of evolution?"
What about newborns, like minutes after they've been born? First of all, if I were giving birth, the last thing on my mind would be FB and posting stuff. And second of all, newborns are ugly, sorry, but they are.

My rant however, was provoked by adults posting their own baby pics and asking "Am I not cute?" Or using their baby pics as profile pics. Gives me the creeps, that does.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
02-12-2012, 04:45 AM
I felt like posting a picture of a hen for no reason.

[Image: Light_sussex_hen.jpg]

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
02-12-2012, 07:00 AM
Fucking Earmuffs... WTF were you doing in my dreams last night, flying around in a stolen Banshee and causing a ruckus? Dodgy

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like houseofcantor's post
02-12-2012, 07:03 AM
(02-12-2012 07:00 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Fucking Earmuffs... WTF were you doing in my dreams last night, flying around in a stolen Banshee and causing a ruckus? Dodgy
[Image: tumblr_lvrb3hjb3g1qibz0jo1_400.gif]
[+] 4 users Like earmuffs's post
02-12-2012, 07:53 AM
At least I wasn't making out with Gwyneth Paltrow.
That shit would have been awkward as fuck...
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-12-2012, 08:56 AM
Shocking

(...but I'm such a tool. Any dream with Gwynnies... Heart ...so much so that I don't hardly ever dream about her. Tongue )

living word
02-12-2012, 09:25 AM
Is my mind totally and irrevocably screwed up, or is this beyond ridiculous (without the "writer" aiming for ridiculous):
"the only essences I could pull from the wood beneath my hand were from horses."
Such an epic fail on so many levels. No

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
02-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Even if you think it's the ugliest fucking baby you've ever seen you're just not gonna reply or lie.

Perhaps mothers are just so insecure that they think they popped out an ugly baby that they need reassurance from their friends that the 72 hours of labor was worth it.

It's like, "bitch, do you want a biology lesson as to why it isn't a miracle but rather the product of years of evolution?"
Every time I hear that a baby is a "miracle," I want to inform the parents of worldwide birth rates. Newsflash: you aren't the first humans to have successfully reproduced, etc.

But the answer is supposedly oxytocin. That's why they think their baby is special and cute and so on, and that makes them want to tell the world. Otherwise, all mothers would just drown their offspring probably, or leave them alone in the forest. And then maybe we would have a baby shortage.
[+] 1 user Likes amyb's post
02-12-2012, 12:19 PM
(02-12-2012 12:01 PM)amyb Wrote:  

Every time I hear that a baby is a "miracle," I want to inform the parents of worldwide birth rates. Newsflash: you aren't the first humans to have successfully reproduced, etc.

But the answer is supposedly oxytocin. That's why they think their baby is special and cute and so on, and that makes them want to tell the world. Otherwise, all mothers would just drown their offspring probably, or leave them alone in the forest. And then maybe we would have a baby shortage.

Yeah, try looking up photos of severe birth defects. Miracle my ass.

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com