Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-02-2017, 11:11 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Why is romance type movies always feature a man who knows exactly what to say. My man never has any of those words.

*sigh*

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-02-2017, 11:13 PM
(21-02-2017 11:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why is romance type movies always feature a man who knows exactly what to say. My man never has any of those words.

*sigh*

I've tried those words...they don't work on real women. Laugh out load
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
21-02-2017, 11:36 PM
[Image: giphy.gif]

I hate this fucking thing...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2017, 11:46 PM
(21-02-2017 11:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Why is romance type movies always feature a man who knows exactly what to say. My man never has any of those words.

*sigh*

Why do all those romance movies assume that I would identify with a woman for which romance is her goal in life?

Actually, I find older movies more guilty of this than newer movies. Newer movies tend feature women who have careers and ambitions, and they just happen to fall in love. Older movies feature women who seem to think they can't be whole without a man.
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
22-02-2017, 12:08 AM

*sigh*

I always know exactly what I *should've* said Weeping

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
22-02-2017, 08:32 AM
One of my colleagues saw me uploading slides to D2L (Desire2Learn, the online learning platform the school uses). "Why don't you just import everything from last semester when you make the shell?" Umm...why do you? I don't because I update things with the latest information, but are you telling me you just don't bother prepping your classes with new material at all?!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
22-02-2017, 08:40 AM
(22-02-2017 08:32 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  One of my colleagues saw me uploading slides to D2L (Desire2Learn, the online learning platform the school uses). "Why don't you just import everything from last semester when you make the shell?" Umm...why do you? I don't because I update things with the latest information, but are you telling me you just don't bother prepping your classes with new material at all?!

Welcome to the real world, Shai.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
22-02-2017, 09:43 AM
The collection grows! (also an example of why I should never shop at 4:30am..)

5 more straps on their way.
(images in spoilers)
[Image: brown_green_nato_strap.jpg?v=1461071149]
(this next one being my personal favourite and one I've wanted since day 1)
[Image: Seiko_5_on_a_khaki_red_and_green_NATO_st...1444296456]
[Image: Skarmavbild_2016-09-24_kl._20.10.55.png?v=1474741707]
[Image: FullSizeRender_5.jpg?v=1466513492]
[Image: vostok.jpg?v=1473077422]

The collection is now at 13.
I also sorta brought another watch the other day, removed the bands and replaced them with spring bars so I can wear my NATO's with it...
[Image: 50pcs-lot-swiss-Gemius-Army-Watch-Men-Mi...ts-Men.jpg]

To be fair, it was only $20 (like $15USD), which is ridiculous cheap, and I needed a black watch because I have a silver watch and some straps just look better with a black watch (khaki green and orange). So it wasn't so much an impluse buy as it was a vital need.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-02-2017, 09:51 AM

*sigh*

It could be worse. Some people have a truly spectacular talent for saying exactly the wrong thing. I am one of those people.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
22-02-2017, 10:08 AM
(22-02-2017 08:40 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(22-02-2017 08:32 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  One of my colleagues saw me uploading slides to D2L (Desire2Learn, the online learning platform the school uses). "Why don't you just import everything from last semester when you make the shell?" Umm...why do you? I don't because I update things with the latest information, but are you telling me you just don't bother prepping your classes with new material at all?!

Welcome to the real world, Shai.

It continues to make me see why several folks I went to grad school with, and myself, live in our offices, but those above us in seniority don't. Tongue You all are my primary time waster, but usually sitting here in the office going, "and now I'll check TTA for about 15 as a break".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post