(22-02-2017 05:33 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Well there goes my night. Undecided

Sell yo kids! Tongue
Hug Heart

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
23-02-2017, 01:56 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Apparently my father's newest thing is to try and make mom feel bad for, is having cleaned out a closet they've not touched in 18 years, and now she wants to put stuff into it. Yes, my father is apparently throwing a tantrum my mother wants to use a closet (which she cleaned out alone) as closet space. So just spent five or so minutes of a phone call with her, assuring her she's not crazy for wanting to use a closet, as a closet, like a normal human being. Meanwhile, he continues to sit on his ass and play Civilization all day like he has since he retired, expecting to be cooked for and not do any of the housework and be resentful my mother sometimes goes out to hang out with her friends, is involved in her church choir, packs backpacks full of food for kids who don't get meals aside from at school, etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
23-02-2017, 02:13 PM
(23-02-2017 01:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Apparently my father's newest thing is to try and make mom feel bad for, is having cleaned out a closet they've not touched in 18 years, and now she wants to put stuff into it. Yes, my father is apparently throwing a tantrum my mother wants to use a closet (which she cleaned out alone) as closet space. So just spent five or so minutes of a phone call with her, assuring her she's not crazy for wanting to use a closet, as a closet, like a normal human being. Meanwhile, he continues to sit on his ass and play Civilization all day like he has since he retired, expecting to be cooked for and not do any of the housework and be resentful my mother sometimes goes out to hang out with her friends, is involved in her church choir, packs backpacks full of food for kids who don't get meals aside from at school, etc.

Your mom sounds like a nice lady. Your dad is probably going through a culture shock of retiring. Hopefully that will change.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2017, 02:17 PM
(23-02-2017 02:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 01:56 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Apparently my father's newest thing is to try and make mom feel bad for, is having cleaned out a closet they've not touched in 18 years, and now she wants to put stuff into it. Yes, my father is apparently throwing a tantrum my mother wants to use a closet (which she cleaned out alone) as closet space. So just spent five or so minutes of a phone call with her, assuring her she's not crazy for wanting to use a closet, as a closet, like a normal human being. Meanwhile, he continues to sit on his ass and play Civilization all day like he has since he retired, expecting to be cooked for and not do any of the housework and be resentful my mother sometimes goes out to hang out with her friends, is involved in her church choir, packs backpacks full of food for kids who don't get meals aside from at school, etc.

Your mom sounds like a nice lady. Your dad is probably going through a culture shock of retiring. Hopefully that will change.

If I retired, there wouldn't be any of that shit!

Of course, I live alone.

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
23-02-2017, 02:31 PM
Did a load of wash on Monday....

Just went to toss in a load today....

Yeah...Never put them into the dryer. Sigh

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

23-02-2017, 02:32 PM

Perhaps your mom should just stuff your dad in the closet that is suddenly so damned important to him...with his game. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-02-2017, 06:54 PM
(23-02-2017 02:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Thanks, she really is, and so much more kind and patient than I am. I hope it's only the culture shock of retirement and not just the next level of how much of a jerk he's been my entire life.

(23-02-2017 02:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 02:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Your mom sounds like a nice lady. Your dad is probably going through a culture shock of retiring. Hopefully that will change.

If I retired, there wouldn't be any of that shit!

Of course, I live alone.

Big Grin

That would sort of do it... Tongue

(23-02-2017 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

Perhaps your mom should just stuff your dad in the closet that is suddenly so damned important to him...with his game. Tongue

She's too nice, but wish she would Tongue Though he'd get cold really quick in there...they mainly stay in the living room during the day with curtains hung and using a gas fireplace to keep warm (and it does get downright hot in there), because he's too cheap to run the furnace through the whole house...

23-02-2017, 07:22 PM
(23-02-2017 06:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 02:13 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Your mom sounds like a nice lady. Your dad is probably going through a culture shock of retiring. Hopefully that will change.

Thanks, she really is, and so much more kind and patient than I am. I hope it's only the culture shock of retirement and not just the next level of how much of a jerk he's been my entire life.

(23-02-2017 02:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  If I retired, there wouldn't be any of that shit!

Of course, I live alone.

Big Grin

(23-02-2017 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Perhaps your mom should just stuff your dad in the closet that is suddenly so damned important to him...with his game. Tongue

She's too nice, but wish she would Tongue Though he'd get cold really quick in there...they mainly stay in the living room during the day with curtains hung and using a gas fireplace to keep warm (and it does get downright hot in there), because he's too cheap to run the furnace through the whole house...

His body heat should warm up the closet in time...throw him a blanket to use till then. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-02-2017, 07:45 PM
(23-02-2017 07:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 06:54 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Thanks, she really is, and so much more kind and patient than I am. I hope it's only the culture shock of retirement and not just the next level of how much of a jerk he's been my entire life.

His body heat should warm up the closet in time...throw him a blanket to use till then. Tongue
Liking how you think about this!