Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-02-2017, 08:02 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-02-2017 07:45 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 07:22 PM)Anjele Wrote:  His body heat should warm up the closet in time...throw him a blanket to use till then. Tongue
Liking how you think about this!

I really think this kind of change in life can be huge. My sister's SO is quite a bit older than she is and he just retired. My sister works from home for a company a couple states away from where she lives. She has a routine that she established over time. Now he is there all the time and since he has never worked from home there are some issues to be dealt with.

She needs her time to accomplish her work, make calls, etc. He is wandering around wondering why she isn't with him like she was when he would get home from work. While she bites her tongue she waits for spring and the hope that he will get out on his motorcycle with the other retired guys and let her do her job.

It seems that when men (who are often first to retire) go through this big life change they want their spouses life to also change.

My husband's weekend is Friday and Saturday which leaves me with Sundays to myself. I seldom leave the house. I just enjoy having the house to myself to do whatever I want...be it watch something he wouldn't like to lounging in the pool. When he says he is taking a week of vacation, as he is next week since he has 6 weeks a year...I get a little choked up. My ONE day is gone and I hate that, especially since he will still be up and ready to start his day...and by extension mine...by about 4 am. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-02-2017, 09:10 PM
My life as a gigolo will stop in about three years, when my wife retires. It'll be interesting to see how the time sharing goes.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-02-2017, 09:18 PM
(23-02-2017 09:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My life as a gigolo will stop in about three years, when my wife retires. It'll be interesting to see how the time sharing goes.

Three years is kinda a long way off.
Were you sitting back pondering the good ole days when this realization came to you?
Wink
23-02-2017, 09:41 PM
(23-02-2017 09:18 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 09:10 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My life as a gigolo will stop in about three years, when my wife retires. It'll be interesting to see how the time sharing goes.

Three years is kinda a long way off.
Were you sitting back pondering the good ole days when this realization came to you?
Wink

I've only been a "gigolo" for two years, since I retired. Just kind of a joke with my wife, that I'm a "kept" man. I make money from my retirement stipend and investments. I've been married for 36 years, so the time before that isn't really under consideration in the current case.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
24-02-2017, 03:04 AM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2017 04:54 AM by Free Thought.)
Nevermind

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-02-2017, 07:41 AM
(23-02-2017 08:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-02-2017 07:45 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Liking how you think about this!

I really think this kind of change in life can be huge. My sister's SO is quite a bit older than she is and he just retired. My sister works from home for a company a couple states away from where she lives. She has a routine that she established over time. Now he is there all the time and since he has never worked from home there are some issues to be dealt with.

She needs her time to accomplish her work, make calls, etc. He is wandering around wondering why she isn't with him like she was when he would get home from work. While she bites her tongue she waits for spring and the hope that he will get out on his motorcycle with the other retired guys and let her do her job.

It seems that when men (who are often first to retire) go through this big life change they want their spouses life to also change.

My husband's weekend is Friday and Saturday which leaves me with Sundays to myself. I seldom leave the house. I just enjoy having the house to myself to do whatever I want...be it watch something he wouldn't like to lounging in the pool. When he says he is taking a week of vacation, as he is next week since he has 6 weeks a year...I get a little choked up. My ONE day is gone and I hate that, especially since he will still be up and ready to start his day...and by extension mine...by about 4 am. Sadcryface

Your poor sister Sad Hopefully he does go ride his motorcycle so she can get things done in peace! Though that does sound awful; and so to does your losing your day off with your husband getting his vacation next week! It makes sense too, you have that day for just you. And to go with the overall theme, mom and dad's dentist told my mom that the closest his parents came to divorce after 50+ years of marriage was when they both retired and his father didn't have a life of his own and wanted to spend every waking moment together.

Mom actually retired first, but she keeps busy. Like next month she's going to be substituting April and May for both the money, and to just get away from dad. But she packs backpacks of food at her church, helps with all the funeral dinners, sings in the choir, etc.

My dad isn't a pleasant person anyhow and ultra controlling. Every time she agrees to do anything for anyone he calls her "lollipop" because he thinks she's a sucker to be willing to help others. He doesn't hardly speak to her most of the day, but the moment she's on the phone, will keep interrupting. He wants to know every little thing that goes on; like when she sat in her car in front of the house and talked to her best friend rather than come upstairs and talk on her phone, he wanted to know where she had been, and after being told, wanted to know why she hadn't come upstairs, insinuating she was hiding something. Etc.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-02-2017, 12:05 PM
Mommas don't let your babies grow up to work in anything to do with customer service. >.>

Some bitch from Kentucky called today and was a condescending snit to me, calling me "honey" every two seconds and asking me as though I were a child "Do You Understand?" She said we better call her back today with a resolution to her problem (and yes it was our error and I admitted to as much and said all I can do now is try to fix it) or else she'd cancel her policy. Never mind that the policy is already closed, and never mind that she even said at the start of her phone call that she'd gotten our letter stating the policy was closed. Facepalm Bitch proceeded to explain to me that she was in Eastern Time Zone and then went on to tell me what exactly that meant. Fuck you, bitch - I know what the fuck EST is. So shove it up your antebellum asshole.

I've got a resolution from my supervisor now, but I ain't calling the Kentucky Fried Bitch back until 5:28 EST. Hobo

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
24-02-2017, 12:07 PM
And now there is the small part of me panicking and wondering if by some horrible coincidence that the KFB is a fellow TTA member. Surely not, though. Y'all are lovely people. Heart

24-02-2017, 12:16 PM
(24-02-2017 12:05 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So shove it up your antebellum asshole.

antebellum asshole Laughat

Thumbsup

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 4 users Like unfogged's post
24-02-2017, 12:19 PM
Failed to mention that the KFB had me in tears before all was said and done. Immediately after I hung up, I was shaking with anger, but a couple of seconds later, I was crying. Undecided I hate crying at work. Couldn't even escape into the bathroom for a few seconds to collect myself because there's a billion women here and the bathroom is always full. Can't get a moment's peace around here.

Anyway, I've been at this job for 10 years and it's been a long time since a customer or agent made me cry. Let's hope it many years more before it happens again.