Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-02-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Hug Sorry EA. Definitely wait until the last minute before to call her. Also wish I could like "antebellum asshole" more than once.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
24-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Thanks, I'll be here all week. Big Grin

Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Escape Artist's post
24-02-2017, 11:52 PM
Picked up a few things at the grocery store tonight. One of them being a box of spices for making chili. I buy it now and then so it's not something I am not familiar with. I happened to glance at the screen as it rang up for $10.00. I told the cashier it is not $10.00. She voided that sale and rescanned the item...which again rang up as $10.00...imagine that...the error didn't fix itself because I said something. All snotty she says that yes it is $10.00. So I explained that, no, it's $2.39 and there is even some on an endcap with the price clearly displayed. I also told her that for $10.00 I would just go buy chili someone else had made.

Fuck! I guess I need to watch more closely when my grocery purchases are being scanned.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
25-02-2017, 12:33 AM
Brought another watch...

[Image: -font-b-Retro-b-font-font-b-UK-b-font-Fl...elogio.jpg]

In my defence, it only cost me $3USD ($0.60USD for the watch, $2.40USD for postage and packaging). So, I'm not exactly confident it will actually arrive, or be a watch and not just a picture of a watch, but I'm slightly hopeful.
25-02-2017, 03:46 AM
(24-02-2017 11:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Picked up a few things at the grocery store tonight. One of them being a box of spices for making chili. I buy it now and then so it's not something I am not familiar with. I happened to glance at the screen as it rang up for $10.00. I told the cashier it is not $10.00. She voided that sale and rescanned the item...which again rang up as $10.00...imagine that...the error didn't fix itself because I said something. All snotty she says that yes it is $10.00. So I explained that, no, it's $2.39 and there is even some on an endcap with the price clearly displayed. I also told her that for $10.00 I would just go buy chili someone else had made.

Fuck! I guess I need to watch more closely when my grocery purchases are being scanned.

Although I don't see a reason to be snotty, try to look at it from her perspective. Unless you were at Costco or Whole Foods, most likely that person was making at or slightly above minimum wage. If they're a regular cashier, I'm sure that people trying to bullshit them is not uncommon. Also, what else is she supposed to do? Just take you at your word? Evidently the item was listed at $10 in the system. I trust you, but she had no reason to. Even if she wanted to, she would be responsible for difference; and that could very well either come out of her own pay or even get her fired. Even if she could get someone else to check the end-cap for her and verify that there has been a mistake on their end (which would require communication, like radios, and a free person to run the errand), that's still holding up the line for the entire process; which may or may not be a huge problem depending on the time and place.

Yeah, that sucks, and it's handy cautionary tale. But the the adage 'minimum service for minimum wage' exists for a reason. Undecided

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-02-2017, 01:44 PM
Nice day!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-02-2017, 01:51 PM
(25-02-2017 03:46 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-02-2017 11:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Picked up a few things at the grocery store tonight. One of them being a box of spices for making chili. I buy it now and then so it's not something I am not familiar with. I happened to glance at the screen as it rang up for $10.00. I told the cashier it is not $10.00. She voided that sale and rescanned the item...which again rang up as $10.00...imagine that...the error didn't fix itself because I said something. All snotty she says that yes it is $10.00. So I explained that, no, it's $2.39 and there is even some on an endcap with the price clearly displayed. I also told her that for $10.00 I would just go buy chili someone else had made.

Although I don't see a reason to be snotty, try to look at it from her perspective. Unless you were at Costco or Whole Foods, most likely that person was making at or slightly above minimum wage. If they're a regular cashier, I'm sure that people trying to bullshit them is not uncommon. Also, what else is she supposed to do? Just take you at your word? Evidently the item was listed at $10 in the system. I trust you, but she had no reason to. Even if she wanted to, she would be responsible for difference; and that could very well either come out of her own pay or even get her fired. Even if she could get someone else to check the end-cap for her and verify that there has been a mistake on their end (which would require communication, like radios, and a free person to run the errand), that's still holding up the line for the entire process; which may or may not be a huge problem depending on the time and place.

Yeah, that sucks, and it's handy cautionary tale. But the the adage 'minimum service for minimum wage' exists for a reason. Undecided

I said that I would buy premade chili before praying that price. She laughed. Wasn't a kid but a lady closer to my age.

I have spent my time behind a cash register and simply wasn't going to pay $10.00 for an item priced at under $2.50.

I always try to be as pleasant as possible to anyone doing the minimum wage work...I have done many of those tasks myself.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
25-02-2017, 01:57 PM
Well it was a nice day....

Taxes...fucking taxes...

25-02-2017, 02:15 PM
EVERY GODDAMN YEAR IT'S THE SAME THING.

I get all the tax crap together and put it on the desk...then he begins to do it and asks where is this where is that...

IT'S IN FRONT OF YOU!

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-02-2017, 02:17 PM
*just wait until he gets to the charity stuff*

I've got like 20 things for from various donations to Goodwill. Ugh...