Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-03-2017, 04:22 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-03-2017 04:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 04:16 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  There are government assisted cell phone services.

Wow you learn something new everydayShocking

And I can see why they'd make sense. Someone with a phone is someone who's contactable e.g. for a temp job. It's not like they're phoning fucking China Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2017, 04:26 PM
(02-03-2017 04:19 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 04:07 PM)julep Wrote:  Without a degree/credentials and absent a rich family with the connections to get you a job whether you're credentialed or not, it's not going to happen.

You should follow Girly's advice.

Undecided RIP American dream then?

In terms of achieving upper middle class status by doing unskilled labor, yes -- RIP American dream. Many of those jobs have been automated or gone to other countries, and the remaining ones don't pay very well. If you want to make a lot of money these days, you generally need credentials. If you're reasonably intelligent and willing to work hard, you can go to school and get those. But without them, upper middle class is pretty much out of reach.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
02-03-2017, 04:33 PM
(02-03-2017 04:20 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 04:16 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  There are government assisted cell phone services.

Wow you learn something new everydayShocking

Yeah, they are not like high tech smartphones, they are just basic cell phones.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
02-03-2017, 05:40 PM
So.. taking a small personal loan out with the bank to consolidate the last of my debt. I can get super low interest rates because where I work works with my bank so I get super low interest rates because of it. Annnd maybe getting a little extra.. for a new.. motorbike.. *ducks for cover and hides* In my defense it's half the price of the one I was looking at and about a quarter of the price I need to start my business, it's cheaper to run and insure, I can afford everything and having transport beyond a fucking bicycle will allow me to seek better employment anyway where I'm not limited to the dying city center where businesses are leaving and not hiring. Plus I miss having a motorbike so bad. Like so fucking bad.
Oh, plus all the nonsense about being able to go see family and them not needing to drive an hour each way to pick me up blah blah. Please don't judge my bad financial decisions too harshly. Also, it may not even be accepted.

[Image: oscar.png]
02-03-2017, 06:07 PM
(02-03-2017 10:07 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 09:41 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  You seem to resent anyone and everyone who has anything that you don't have. So you don't count. I was mainly talking about rich people who are perfectly OK with spending 10 times more for military hardware than it is worth, but resent spending a dime to feed a starving person (or pay for such person's healthcare). I guess big shiny guns and airplanes are more important than people. None of that has anything to do with you, though. We could solve all of your problems, and you would still be angry because there's nothing to be angry about. Poor you.

Oh yes, because I am unreasonable. It costs about $1200 on average to even rent a fucking apartment, without paying for utilities. Yet, you can make less around $1000 per month and not be considered poor. I make a little over $1200 per month. I can't afford to survive, yet I am not considered worthy of any help. Instead they tax the shit out of the little I get. Yes, I am angry at the ones that just sit there and refuse to even try.

Maybe you should use some of your angry energy and work on getting something better than a less than minimum wage job. Or is someone stopping you from bettering your situation? $1200.00 a month/4.3 weeks/40 hours equals $6.98 an hour.

Something isn't adding up.

You can't afford rent, yet have Internet access. Your house burned down and you have pets. You might want to look at some of your priorities.

What's the real story? All we know for sure is that you are an angry individual who is being cheated and treated badly by everyone you encounter.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
02-03-2017, 06:53 PM
Never again will I drive over six hours for a wake on minimal amounts of sleep. I just can't stay in the driver's seat that long anymore.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
02-03-2017, 07:37 PM
(02-03-2017 06:53 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Never again will I drive over six hours for a wake on minimal amounts of sleep. I just can't stay in the driver's seat that long anymore.

Apt handle, old man! Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
02-03-2017, 09:05 PM
(02-03-2017 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Annnd maybe getting a little extra.. for a new.. motorbike.. *ducks for cover and hides*

I worry about you enough...

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-03-2017, 09:51 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 10:00 PM by Fireball.)
(02-03-2017 09:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Annnd maybe getting a little extra.. for a new.. motorbike.. *ducks for cover and hides*

I worry about you enough...

No helmet, and his theme song will be:

ETA- link is biting the big one, but it's "Born to be Wild", by Steppenwolf.

I was wearing a helmet both times I laid mine down. Ohmy
02-03-2017, 09:59 PM
(02-03-2017 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. taking a small personal loan out with the bank to consolidate the last of my debt. I can get super low interest rates because where I work works with my bank so I get super low interest rates because of it. Annnd maybe getting a little extra.. for a new.. motorbike.. *ducks for cover and hides* In my defense it's half the price of the one I was looking at and about a quarter of the price I need to start my business, it's cheaper to run and insure, I can afford everything and having transport beyond a fucking bicycle will allow me to seek better employment anyway where I'm not limited to the dying city center where businesses are leaving and not hiring. Plus I miss having a motorbike so bad. Like so fucking bad.
Oh, plus all the nonsense about being able to go see family and them not needing to drive an hour each way to pick me up blah blah. Please don't judge my bad financial decisions too harshly. Also, it may not even be accepted.

It's been quite a while since your motorbike was stolen...I think it's time for you to have another one. Just make sure you have a place to keep it secure.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post