Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-03-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-03-2017 05:40 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Annnd maybe getting a little extra.. for a new.. motorbike.. *ducks for cover and hides* In my defense it's half the price of the one I was looking at and about a quarter of the price I need to start my business, it's cheaper to run and insure, I can afford everything and having transport beyond a fucking bicycle will allow me to seek better employment anyway where I'm not limited to the dying city center where businesses are leaving and not hiring. Plus I miss having a motorbike so bad. Like so fucking bad.
Oh, plus all the nonsense about being able to go see family and them not needing to drive an hour each way to pick me up blah blah. Please don't judge my bad financial decisions too harshly. Also, it may not even be accepted.

Yeah, save your money and put a lawn mower engine on your bike and ride around wearing a sign for your business. Write it off as marketing.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
02-03-2017, 10:22 PM
(02-03-2017 07:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 06:53 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Never again will I drive over six hours for a wake on minimal amounts of sleep. I just can't stay in the driver's seat that long anymore.

Apt handle, old man! Big Grin

No kidding! Thirteen years ago it would've been no problem.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
02-03-2017, 10:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 10:52 PM by Escape Artist.)
So, H&R Block has officially lost my business. We've got a new bank account at a whole new bank this year from last year, gave them that info at my appointment and I swear they updated it, but lo and behold, I went and looked through my paperwork again as soon as the IRS site said the refund was approved and they had the old account number. I told them they had my old account number on there and they at first tried to tell me that no, that was H&R's bank number (the funds go from the IRS to Block's bank and then they'd be routed to our new account) which hacked me off because motherfucker I recognize my own goddamn account number - don't fuck with me or talk to me like I'm a fucking child.

So we get that straightened out (after they also told me that no, it was too late and that the IRS would just send the check to us once the direct deposit rejected from the old account but assured me "You'll get your money" - had to correct them on that shit too and then they said that yeah okay they could get it fixed so that Block's bank would send it to the new account) but then they fucking show their stupidity again when the goddamn office assistant there tried to staple the voided check I brought to a paper which she was going to try and fucking send through their fax machine. Like a fucking dumbass. Dude there had to tell her that she couldn't fax a stapled paper through. Facepalm Then they were trying to make sure their machine had paper in it - WHEN IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU HAVE PAPER, THE PEOPLE ON THE RECEIVING END OF YOUR FAX NEED PAPER - NOT YOU!!

Well, I thought we had it straightened out, anyway. Got an e-mail from them the other day that said they were going to direct deposit it and it doesn't show up. And guess what the fuck I get today. An e-mail saying they are snail-mailing the fucking thing. Us with our highly undependable mail service and they are gonna mail this shit. Said we should get it in 7 days. Fuck these bozos. Be lucky if our refund shows up in a month.

Want something done right, do it your damn self. But no, I'd gone there before and been taken care of just fine w/o all this bullshit so I thought why not this year, eh? Why not this year indeed, EA? You fucking twat. Facepalm

02-03-2017, 10:53 PM
That post was too long and made very little sense. The takeaway: fuck H&R Block

[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
02-03-2017, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2017 11:12 PM by Fireball.)
(02-03-2017 10:22 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 07:37 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Apt handle, old man! Big Grin

No kidding! Thirteen years ago it would've been no problem.

44 YA I could drive for 14 hours, covering 4 states and 1100 miles (yes, that is an average speed of 78 MPH. Now, deduct 1.5 hours for meals Big Grin That '69 Camaro was a cool car) (including stopping for meals and gasoline)- (Siebert Colorado, to Lincoln, Illinois in one shot). Yes, I was going pretty fast, and didn't know that the State Troopers in Kansas drove light green over dark green patrol cars, until I caught up to the first one. When he didn't pull me over, I kept on truckin', and passed two more before crossing into Missouri!

Now, I needs me a nap after lunch, if I don't have a mug of coffee with it. Gasp Getting old ain't for sissies. Laughat

...and I didn't even drink coffee in those days. Huh

It's after my bed time. I'll clean up the syntax in the AM. Sleepy
02-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Ya know what? I've decided that I don't give a shit anymore.

I'm going to be the stereotypical atheist, roast a baby, smoke some crack and blow the gardener for a discount.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-03-2017, 03:14 AM
(02-03-2017 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ya know what? I've decided that I don't give a shit anymore.

I'm going to be the stereotypical atheist, roast a baby, smoke some crack and blow the gardener for a discount.

But Moms you're our rock and keep us in line, what happens if you go postal Shocking Doesn't bear thinking aboutNo
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
03-03-2017, 03:18 AM
(03-03-2017 03:14 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 11:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ya know what? I've decided that I don't give a shit anymore.

But Moms you're our rock and keep us in line, what happens if you go postal Shocking Doesn't bear thinking aboutNo

If you must, make sure you're at least this epic when you do! Big Grin

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-03-2017, 06:48 AM
(02-03-2017 06:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-03-2017 10:07 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Oh yes, because I am unreasonable. It costs about $1200 on average to even rent a fucking apartment, without paying for utilities. Yet, you can make less around $1000 per month and not be considered poor. I make a little over $1200 per month. I can't afford to survive, yet I am not considered worthy of any help. Instead they tax the shit out of the little I get. Yes, I am angry at the ones that just sit there and refuse to even try.

Maybe you should use some of your angry energy and work on getting something better than a less than minimum wage job. Or is someone stopping you from bettering your situation? $1200.00 a month/4.3 weeks/40 hours equals $6.98 an hour.

Something isn't adding up.

You can't afford rent, yet have Internet access. Your house burned down and you have pets. You might want to look at some of your priorities.

What's the real story? All we know for sure is that you are an angry individual who is being cheated and treated badly by everyone you encounter.

I make $12 before taxes. It goes to show you. People tell me that I make so little that I pay little to no tax and get it all or most of it back. I get taxed almost half apparently, and I even owe at the end of the year. All the shit that thinks they are scamming the system are killing me.
03-03-2017, 07:25 AM
Here we go.
Free phones for welfare.
What snopes says.

Proof that welfare leaches get free phones.
I did read what snopes had to say about it. I still feel it is wrong. If you can show a paycheck and justify having free airtime in case you need to call your employer, you should get airtime. If you are just a welfare leach, you should only be able to dial 911 with it in emergencies and it sure as shit should not have wifi capabilities.
You should understand why I am angry.