Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-03-2017, 01:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 01:54 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ranting corner
(03-03-2017 06:48 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  I make $12 before taxes. It goes to show you. People tell me that I make so little that I pay little to no tax and get it all or most of it back. I get taxed almost half apparently, and I even owe at the end of the year. All the shit that thinks they are scamming the system are killing me.

Let's say $25/hr = $52,000/yr between you and your wife. Not too long ago, $52,000 would be considered at least lower middle class, but my gut tells me you're fucked. Let's run some back of the envelope ballpark numbers. Assuming you're not self-employed let's take the health care for poor people tax off the top. That's 2.9% of gross that everybody working pays. The poor people thank you for your $60/month handout. So that's like $52,000-$1500= $50,500. Now take out the disabled geek and people who should be dead already tax at around $3250. Gramma and her geek thank you for your $125/month. So now we're down to $47,250 and we've paid a total of 9.1% for the leeches. (Since we're atheists and don't tithe the Church, consider it a tithe to "I hope someone will change my diapers when I'm old"). Let's move on. First how do we get that 47,250 down? Let's assume married filing jointly with nothing to itemize and no dependents so we take the standard deduction at $12,600 and we're down to $34,650. What else? I assume no IRA or 501K at that income level (btw buckaroo, if you ain't got no retirement savings you're gonna find yourself having to live off that gramma and her geek handout sooner rather than later, just sayin') but you said you got health care I think. That comes off the top. Let's say $500/month. So now around $28,650. What else? State income taxes. You probably live in one of them asswoods backwards States where most of you are leeches like AL, TN, LA, or AK. They're all around 9% State and Local so let's run with that. So, 9% of 28,650 (tax on AGI not gross) ~ $2575 and we're down to $26,075 and we've paid 9.1% + (2575/52000*100) ~4.9% = 14% total tax. If you itemized we could discuss additional deductions like donating your dirty underwear to Goodwill and declaring premium value because of their potential online resale value to the Japanese. But you don't. Tax rate guide says you owe $2991/$52,000 = ~5.75% + 14% = ~20%. You should be paying 20% of your income in taxes not 49%. As for having to pay at the end of the year, your withholdings are screwed up.

That said, you are still seriously fucked. In fact, looking at the numbers you are indeed fucked worse than those below the poverty line. The poverty line for the 2 of you is like $16,000. You're $10K+6K in insurance premium deductions = $18K over. Those below the poverty line likely get free and better health care, subsidized housing, food stamps and free smart phones and federal and state assistance worth more than that $1333/month you're over by.

I don't know how to break it to you BirdBrain, but unless you're banking on winning the lottery soon,you got limited options 1) one of you should stop working, 2) turn a hobby into a small business and you can itemize and deduct like just about everything for like 3 years before the Man wants to see a profit - but this an awful lot of work and requires an awful lot of bookkeeping, 3) move to a State which doesn't tax your income (they make up for it in property taxes but if you ain't got no property no worries) but that'll only buy you a few hundred a month, 4) continue to wallow in misery, 4) ?

I don't see hard work and long hours being enough to change your predicament.

I'll be nicer though after running those numbers. You are properly fucked.

EDIT: Seems like that could've been shorter. Ah well, fuck it now.

EDIT 2: Thought of a better one. 4) one of you is disabled and goes on social security disability. Not to encourage any fraudulent behavior or anything.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
03-03-2017, 02:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2017 02:55 PM by Shai Hulud.)
People are posting way too many links on Facebook today to West Virginia 4 God's pages, both their FB page and their website. To give an idea of why this may turn me off, as a believer, remember I'm Catholic...therefore if your Facebook banner is "KEEP PROTESTIN" over an image of Saint statues in Vatican City, and your justification for why I'm hellbound for being a Catholic is to have a link to CARM of all places...fuck you.

Anyhow, thought I'd share some of the links popping up today:

Science in the Christian Perspective Part One: Foundations

Do I seriously need to say more than the title already does?

What Happens To Those Who Never Hear the Gospel?

Spoiler alert: People who have never heard of God, still know God, because Saint Paul said so. Not that this group would call him a Saint, that's damn Papism! They're going to Hell.

Another link posted was to the category "Practical Evangelism Archives". Learn how to pass out tracts (there are at least 15 benefits to doing so supposedly), evangelize the cashier in the checkout line by demanding to pray for them, and how to be a dick while you're eating out by waiting to pray until you can announce to your server that your family will be praying and what can you pray for them for.

But the best on that section has to be "God's Not Dead, Just on Trial" where they launch into things like how Sye Ten Bruggencate is an amazing Evangelist to emulate. As well as telling you how you need to order a DVD they're selling called "How to Answer a Fool" to specifically destroy those foolish people on college campuses.

And one I found linked under another:
Mission Support: Help Send the Gospel to Texas FULLY FUNDED

Y'all Texas atheist heathens need Jesus! Tongue No really, this one's all about a GoFundMe to send this guy to "evangelize" at the Super Bowl. For five days. At the Super Bowl. Totally not an excuse for him to go to the Super Bowl, it's all about the souls at the Super Bowl. Also he ends his thanksgiving for the funding with, "Praise Yahweh Jireh!!!"

Edit:
(03-03-2017 01:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  4) one of you is disabled and goes on social security disability. Not to encourage any fraudulent behavior or anything.

And good luck with that, because my best friend's girlfriend has fibromyalgia and a hip defect since birth that prevents her for standing for long periods of time, and she still can't get social security disability.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-03-2017, 02:57 PM
(03-03-2017 02:50 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  People are posting way too many links on Facebook today to West Virginia 4 God's pages, both their FB page and their website. To give an idea of why this may turn me off, as a believer, remember I'm Catholic...therefore if your Facebook banner is "KEEP PROTESTIN" over an image of Saint statues in Vatican City, and your justification for why I'm hellbound for being a Catholic is to have a link to CARM of all places...fuck you.

Anyhow, thought I'd share some of the links popping up today:

Science in the Christian Perspective Part One: Foundations

Do I seriously need to say more than the title already does?

What Happens To Those Who Never Hear the Gospel?

Spoiler alert: People who have never heard of God, still know God, because Saint Paul said so. Not that this group would call him a Saint, that's damn Papism! They're going to Hell.

Another link posted was to the category "Practical Evangelism Archives". Learn how to pass out tracts (there are at least 15 benefits to doing so supposedly), evangelize the cashier in the checkout line by demanding to pray for them, and how to be a dick while you're eating out by waiting to pray until you can announce to your server that your family will be praying and what can you pray for them for.

But the best on that section has to be "God's Not Dead, Just on Trial" where they launch into things like how Sye Ten Bruggencate is an amazing Evangelist to emulate. As well as telling you how you need to order a DVD they're selling called "How to Answer a Fool" to specifically destroy those foolish people on college campuses.

And one I found linked under another:
Mission Support: Help Send the Gospel to Texas FULLY FUNDED

Y'all Texas atheist heathens need Jesus! Tongue No really, this one's all about a GoFundMe to send this guy to "evangelize" at the Super Bowl. For five days. At the Super Bowl. Totally not an excuse for him to go to the Super Bowl, it's all about the souls at the Super Bowl. Also he ends his thanksgiving for the funding with, "Praise Yahweh Jireh!!!"

I find the beliefs of Catholics pretty silly (even though I was one for many years), but they have never been as obnoxious about evangelizing as many Protestants. Of course, if you go back a few hundred years, they were obnoxious enough to kill anyone (especially Protestants) who didn't subscribe to their beliefs. But they learned to tone it down. The kind of obnoxious silliness portrayed above is only found in Protestant denominations these days.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-03-2017, 03:50 PM
(03-03-2017 07:25 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Here we go.
Free phones for welfare.
What snopes says.

Proof that welfare leaches get free phones.
I did read what snopes had to say about it. I still feel it is wrong. If you can show a paycheck and justify having free airtime in case you need to call your employer, you should get airtime. If you are just a welfare leach, you should only be able to dial 911 with it in emergencies and it sure as shit should not have wifi capabilities.
You should understand why I am angry.

*leech

(03-03-2017 10:12 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 09:27 AM)morondog Wrote:  B-b-b-but those POOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DESERVE ANYTHING ARE LIVING ON MY DIME!!!

All I am asking is that the finer things in life smartphones with wifi, cars, the latest computer, among other things should be something you actually work for. You refuse to work, you get a crappy flip phone that can only dial out to 911 in emergencies. If you can even show that you work a few hours a week, we should help you. If you refuse to do anything at all, you should get bare minimum and it should be inspiration for you to find some type of work.

You can't get a job with a phone that only calls 911 and you can't afford a phone until you get a job, use your brain for once. Jesus.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
03-03-2017, 03:54 PM
(03-03-2017 03:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 07:25 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Here we go.
Free phones for welfare.
What snopes says.

Proof that welfare leaches get free phones.
I did read what snopes had to say about it. I still feel it is wrong. If you can show a paycheck and justify having free airtime in case you need to call your employer, you should get airtime. If you are just a welfare leach, you should only be able to dial 911 with it in emergencies and it sure as shit should not have wifi capabilities.
You should understand why I am angry.

*leech

(03-03-2017 10:12 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  All I am asking is that the finer things in life smartphones with wifi, cars, the latest computer, among other things should be something you actually work for. You refuse to work, you get a crappy flip phone that can only dial out to 911 in emergencies. If you can even show that you work a few hours a week, we should help you. If you refuse to do anything at all, you should get bare minimum and it should be inspiration for you to find some type of work.

You can't get a job with a phone that only calls 911 and you can't afford a phone until you get a job, use your brain for once. Jesus.

Did you not read the post about dishing out cell phones with the capacity to call and text with free monthly minutes and wifi capabilities? No, you don't actually have to do anything but be a useless lump and you still get a phone. You dumb ass.
03-03-2017, 03:57 PM
(03-03-2017 03:54 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 03:50 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  *leech

Did you not read the post about dishing out cell phones with the capacity to call and text with free monthly minutes and wifi capabilities? No, you don't actually have to do anything but be a useless lump and you still get a phone. You dumb ass.

I have safelink and I do not have a smartphone with wifi capabilities. It's not even a flip phone it is just a standard cell phone and it is valuable as I job hunt because I do not have to rely on having someone elses cell phone around in case I get a callback.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 3 users Like JDog554's post
03-03-2017, 04:30 PM
(03-03-2017 02:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I find the beliefs of Catholics pretty silly (even though I was one for many years), but they have never been as obnoxious about evangelizing as many Protestants. Of course, if you go back a few hundred years, they were obnoxious enough to kill anyone (especially Protestants) who didn't subscribe to their beliefs. But they learned to tone it down. The kind of obnoxious silliness portrayed above is only found in Protestant denominations these days.

...what's a few hundred years of religious wars with Protestants, an Inquisition, and the Crusades between denominational teasing? Tongue But fair enough as an overall viewpoint. I think the most "evangelizing" thing I've seen in Catholicism is Theology on Tap, where young adults meet to discuss theology in a bar and have pizza and beer, and anyone who expresses interest in why there's a priest drinking with them is invited to sit down for some free booze and food.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
03-03-2017, 04:35 PM
(03-03-2017 04:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 02:57 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I find the beliefs of Catholics pretty silly (even though I was one for many years), but they have never been as obnoxious about evangelizing as many Protestants. Of course, if you go back a few hundred years, they were obnoxious enough to kill anyone (especially Protestants) who didn't subscribe to their beliefs. But they learned to tone it down. The kind of obnoxious silliness portrayed above is only found in Protestant denominations these days.

...what's a few hundred years of religious wars with Protestants, an Inquisition, and the Crusades between denominational teasing? Tongue But fair enough as an overall viewpoint. I think the most "evangelizing" thing I've seen in Catholicism is Theology on Tap, where young adults meet to discuss theology in a bar and have pizza and beer, and anyone who expresses interest in why there's a priest drinking with them is invited to sit down for some free booze and food.

That would be pretty cool, though. I wouldn't mind sitting in on one of those Theology on Tap sessions, although I think they're primarily aimed at people half my age or less. The youngsters would probably resent "Grandpa" sitting in.

Laugh out load

Anyway, I don't see Catholics going door to door like JWs and Mormons, or preaching in the public square like some evangelicals. And that's a good thing.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
03-03-2017, 06:04 PM
(03-03-2017 09:42 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 08:57 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Right! I mean I'm 25 and I don't have personal transport beyond a bicycle.
It's depressing.

Forgive me, but...

Laugh out loadLaugh out loadLaugh out load

I'll be 62 in about a week, and my only personal transportation is a bicycle -- and this has been the case since 1991 (i.e., for about as long as you've been alive). And I'm fine with that. Riding the bike keeps me healthy, and all that money that I'm not spending on a car is available for other stuff. I'm livin' the high life, baby!

Big Grin

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with having a bicycle. I must say, I do enjoy not paying for petrol, registration (especially registration because it's very high for a motorbike compared to car) and WoF. And the exercise is good.
But, I would really like that freedom back to go literally anywhere I want without having to rely on others.

Quote:
(03-03-2017 12:24 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 12:15 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Except he did not say that, Birdbrain specifically said he was losing 42% of his paycheck to taxes.

You are correct in that my wife's income does play a part in it. My point is that it just is not the case that I pay close to nothing or that I get most of it back. My wife only makes about what I make. If it were true that we pay close to nothing, we would only owe a few hundred dollars or maybe $1000, instead we owe in the thousands. I am sick of the idiots that say I don't pay much. I could use the money to pay normal bills.

Just because I don't like you I'm going to rub it in that I earn more an hour than you. You say you earn $12 an hour? HA! I earn $15USD an hour.

Quote:I don't even have a bicycle. I have people for that. :snooty:

Well when I too make like $150K a year, I too with have people for that.
Well.. I mean I wont, I'll still ride my motorbike because I enjoy doing it. But certainly when I'm Supreme Dictator of all the Worlds I will most certainly have people to fly my dreadnaught class spaceship around the universe for me.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
03-03-2017, 06:08 PM
(03-03-2017 06:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I don't even have a bicycle. I have people for that. :snooty:

Well when I too make like $150K a year, I too with have people for that.
Well.. I mean I wont, I'll still ride my motorbike because I enjoy doing it. But certainly when I'm Supreme Dictator of all the Worlds I will most certainly have people to fly my dreadnaught class spaceship around the universe for me.

Pretty sure by 'people' Girly is referring to Manly who knows it's better to not let him wander off without adult supervision. She just lets him think he's in charge. Angel

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post