Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-03-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-03-2017 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 06:04 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well when I too make like $150K a year, I too with have people for that.
Well.. I mean I wont, I'll still ride my motorbike because I enjoy doing it. But certainly when I'm Supreme Dictator of all the Worlds I will most certainly have people to fly my dreadnaught class spaceship around the universe for me.

Pretty sure by 'people' Girly is referring to Manly who knows it's better to not let him wander off without adult supervision. She just lets him think he's in charge. Angel

Pretty sure she dropped even the pretense a dozen years or so back. Girly knows who runs the show.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2017, 08:56 PM
(03-03-2017 04:35 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 04:30 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  ...what's a few hundred years of religious wars with Protestants, an Inquisition, and the Crusades between denominational teasing? Tongue But fair enough as an overall viewpoint. I think the most "evangelizing" thing I've seen in Catholicism is Theology on Tap, where young adults meet to discuss theology in a bar and have pizza and beer, and anyone who expresses interest in why there's a priest drinking with them is invited to sit down for some free booze and food.

That would be pretty cool, though. I wouldn't mind sitting in on one of those Theology on Tap sessions, although I think they're primarily aimed at people half my age or less. The youngsters would probably resent "Grandpa" sitting in.

Laugh out load

Anyway, I don't see Catholics going door to door like JWs and Mormons, or preaching in the public square like some evangelicals. And that's a good thing.

Fair point, though my Baptist church did once to reinforce our faith when I was in youth group, the door to door thing. And it is aimed at people like 18-30 or so, yeah..heh. Though one night last summer we had a gentleman your age stop by and the only reason he was resented was that he was talking about how Catholic Charities doesn't spend enough in Murrica and he was tired of his money helping "those damn foreigners".Shocking

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-03-2017, 09:01 PM
(03-03-2017 08:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Pretty sure by 'people' Girly is referring to Manly who knows it's better to not let him wander off without adult supervision. She just lets him think he's in charge. Angel

Pretty sure she dropped even the pretense a dozen years or so back. Girly knows who runs the show.

I'm sure there was likely no pretense to begin with. I can very much imagine it being made crystal clear from date one as to who wore the big boy pants.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
04-03-2017, 06:42 AM
(03-03-2017 03:57 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 03:54 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Did you not read the post about dishing out cell phones with the capacity to call and text with free monthly minutes and wifi capabilities? No, you don't actually have to do anything but be a useless lump and you still get a phone. You dumb ass.

I have safelink and I do not have a smartphone with wifi capabilities. It's not even a flip phone it is just a standard cell phone and it is valuable as I job hunt because I do not have to rely on having someone elses cell phone around in case I get a callback.

Show me this standard phone. As far as I know, you have flip phones(standard basic) or smartphones that do just about anything. What is a standard phone?
04-03-2017, 06:51 AM
Ok, did some research. The problem seems to be that the basic phones that are issued as you call it use sim cards. There are videos all over youtube showing people how to remove the sim card and put it into a smartphone, that they probably paid for with the free monthly cash they get. These basic phones should not have sim cards. It should be made without.
04-03-2017, 08:05 AM
(04-03-2017 06:51 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ok, did some research. The problem seems to be that the basic phones that are issued as you call it use sim cards. There are videos all over youtube showing people how to remove the sim card and put it into a smartphone, that they probably paid for with the free monthly cash they get. These basic phones should not have sim cards. It should be made without.

I thought every phone needs a sim card did you mean a phone whose sim card cannot be removed?
04-03-2017, 08:06 AM
(04-03-2017 06:51 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ok, did some research. The problem seems to be that the basic phones that are issued as you call it use sim cards. There are videos all over youtube showing people how to remove the sim card and put it into a smartphone, that they probably paid for with the free monthly cash they get. These basic phones should not have sim cards. It should be made without.

Even assuming that is true or doable, so what? Sure, some unscrupulous people will game the system. So does Donald Trump. That doesn't negate how much good that program does for the vast majority of people that need it. You don't cut subsidized breakfast and lunch at public schools because a few students skim some food they aren't otherwise entitled to. Closing the whole program would lead to hundreds of children in a school, thousands in a district, or millions in a state and across the nation, simply going hungry; because those school meals are sadly the only food far too many children get. Some school districts hem and haw over closing in bad weather, because a school being shut down multiple days in a row will leading to children literally starving.

But then I remember that I'm trying to explain empathy to you. Why the fuck am I wasting my time again?

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
04-03-2017, 08:51 AM
I've already kind of eluded to some of the points you so eloquently made EK. Birdguys anger is misdirected in its focus towards the poor and disenfranchised but I suspect we will never get him to understand this, principally because he doesn't want too I suspect.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
04-03-2017, 09:29 AM
(04-03-2017 08:51 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I've already kind of eluded to some of the points you so eloquently made EK. Birdguys anger is misdirected in its focus towards the poor and disenfranchised but I suspect we will never get him to understand this, principally because he doesn't want too I suspect.

There have been a few studies on it and it mostly goes back to his racist tendencies. He would rather suffer himself than risk any of the "wrong kind of people" getting help. Birdguy is a rather mediocre person and if society was actually a full meritocracy with everyone starting at the same point chances are he would be at the very bottom rung. It has been a long established fact that stupid poor white people will vote against their best interests as long as it hurts Blacks and Latinos more. Last Place Aversion is how sociologists classify it. As long as someone, anyone, is worse off than him he can feel superior to them even if the only reason is because he got lucky and was born with the right skin melanin and gender.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
04-03-2017, 11:20 AM
(03-03-2017 08:11 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(03-03-2017 06:08 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Pretty sure by 'people' Girly is referring to Manly who knows it's better to not let him wander off without adult supervision. She just lets him think he's in charge. Angel

Well duh, but there's this little problem of the ankle bracelet too.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post