Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
04-03-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Not so much of a rant as it is an annoyance...got my annual anniversary of dad's death email from his lady friend of the last few years of his life.

Yeah, I know the day. Yeah, I remember. A couple years were spent tending to dad's needs prior to his death.

Geez...it's a mass email that goes out every year to everyone in the family. And there is always a reminder (helping of guilt) that she would love to hear from all of us.

My brother posted a picture on FB of dad when he was a very young man in the navy. That was a cool picture to share along with a couple others.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
06-03-2017, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2017 12:03 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Please, please, please, someone tell me why this section of Criminology has all the angry people in it? No "you're anti-cop" today, just people angry we spend money on GED programs. Also, "I don't see why I need a degree, my friends at [local] police department just say they teach us different stuff at the academy and my training officer has to de-liberal me from this place!"

Edit: There is blood everywhere in the elevator and on the floor leading into it on 2/3 floors in the building. Hoping someone had one heck of a nose bleed! Called it in to the Facilities people who at first were annoyed to be called right at lunch, which then shifted to, "oh my God, we'll send someone now".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2017, 12:03 PM
(06-03-2017 10:36 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Please, please, please, someone tell me why this section of Criminology has all the angry people in it? No "you're anti-cop" today, just people angry we spend money on GED programs. Also, "I don't see why I need a degree, my friends at [local] police department just say they teach us different stuff at the academy and my training officer has to de-liberal me from this place!"

Got some real rocks there, professor. Facepalm One school I went to, the poor performers were called "rocks", as in the same amount of brains.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-03-2017, 12:08 PM
(06-03-2017 12:03 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 10:36 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Please, please, please, someone tell me why this section of Criminology has all the angry people in it? No "you're anti-cop" today, just people angry we spend money on GED programs. Also, "I don't see why I need a degree, my friends at [local] police department just say they teach us different stuff at the academy and my training officer has to de-liberal me from this place!"

Got some real rocks there, professor. Facepalm One school I went to, the poor performers were called "rocks", as in the same amount of brains.

Thanks Sad It's actually frustrating and weird. Because the vast majority of the 200+ students I have are awesome. But, much like the small group of life course persistent offenders, the ones who do cause trouble, keep on causing it. Don't remember if I posted it here, but my anti-cop whiner who reacts poorly to even an example of my African American boss at a former job being pulled over, is apparently the same guy who stood up in class and told my coworker in Race, Crime, Law that he was "indoctrinating" them with a "liberal agenda", and was one of the people who reminded a student from Germany of her history lessons.

06-03-2017, 12:25 PM
They sound like LDH, who I haven't seen for a while hoping his hate filled bilge is a thing of the past
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
06-03-2017, 12:28 PM
(04-03-2017 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not so much of a rant as it is an annoyance...got my annual anniversary of dad's death email from his lady friend of the last few years of his life.

Yeah, I know the day. Yeah, I remember. A couple years were spent tending to dad's needs prior to his death.

Geez...it's a mass email that goes out every year to everyone in the family. And there is always a reminder (helping of guilt) that she would love to hear from all of us.

My brother posted a picture on FB of dad when he was a very young man in the navy. That was a cool picture to share along with a couple others.

Maybe she's lonely?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
06-03-2017, 12:34 PM
(06-03-2017 12:25 PM)adey67 Wrote:  They sound like LDH, who I haven't seen for a while hoping his hate filled bilge is a thing of the past

Reminds me of the cops that are fired when they clean up the police force. There are always going to be racist bullies that want to be law enforcement strictly so they have power.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-03-2017, 01:34 PM
(06-03-2017 12:34 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(06-03-2017 12:25 PM)adey67 Wrote:  They sound like LDH, who I haven't seen for a while hoping his hate filled bilge is a thing of the past

Reminds me of the cops that are fired when they clean up the police force. There are always going to be racist bullies that want to be law enforcement strictly so they have power.

Right. Some are so stupid and messed up that law enforcement is the only way anyone except hookers will call them "sir". Fortunately they're only a small subset.
06-03-2017, 02:09 PM
Agreed that sometimes it is a power thing on why folks go into law enforcement, though fortunately not always. A lot of my students, and a former roommate, just liked helping other people. Smile However, those negative ones do have an undue amount of publicity and power, it seems. To draw a comparison with my own church; there are widespread mechanisms in place to report pedophiles* (or rotten cops), but sadly there's often a culture of silence that would rather sweep things under the rug than draw attention with more negative publicity. Usually this type is the sort you try to quietly put out to pasture when cleaning house, but doesn't always work. (Or in the case of my own hometown, they've gone through like 4 Chiefs in the last decade due to crimes by those Chiefs...or in the latest case, his children are accused of beating a veteran to death.)

*Seriously. There's signage everywhere on how to call law enforcement and the archdiocese to report sexual abuse. I pooped in a stall the other week after Confession, and there was a sign in the stall telling me how to report sexual abuse.

06-03-2017, 03:07 PM
(04-03-2017 06:51 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Ok, did some research. The problem seems to be that the basic phones that are issued as you call it use sim cards. There are videos all over youtube showing people how to remove the sim card and put it into a smartphone, that they probably paid for with the free monthly cash they get. These basic phones should not have sim cards. It should be made without.

WTF?

If you qualify for a lifeline phone (one that you can make limited calls and receive calls from) -- you get it through the provider usually on a contract, as long as you continue to qualify you keep the rate. You don't need to take the SIM card out to get one over on the man. Once again you're going on about something you don't really know shit about.

Many cell companies offer smart phones dirt cheap, my husband got his droid for a quarter. He uses the wifi so his data usage is minimal.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces