Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
06-03-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(06-03-2017 02:09 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Agreed that sometimes it is a power thing on why folks go into law enforcement, though fortunately not always. A lot of my students, and a former roommate, just liked helping other people. Smile However, those negative ones do have an undue amount of publicity and power, it seems. To draw a comparison with my own church; there are widespread mechanisms in place to report pedophiles* (or rotten cops), but sadly there's often a culture of silence that would rather sweep things under the rug than draw attention with more negative publicity. Usually this type is the sort you try to quietly put out to pasture when cleaning house, but doesn't always work. (Or in the case of my own hometown, they've gone through like 4 Chiefs in the last decade due to crimes by those Chiefs...or in the latest case, his children are accused of beating a veteran to death.)

*Seriously. There's signage everywhere on how to call law enforcement and the archdiocese to report sexual abuse. I pooped in a stall the other week after Confession, and there was a sign in the stall telling me how to report sexual abuse.

It's always a small minority that taints the whole. The thin blue line mentality that is abused by these people has caused no end of misery, in both the church and law enforcement.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
06-03-2017, 04:47 PM
Predatory banks. My poor neighbor lost her house Sad
She tried negotiating with her bank and refinancing, but they wouldn't work with her. They auctioned the house off.
Fucking sucks.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
06-03-2017, 05:48 PM
(06-03-2017 12:28 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(04-03-2017 07:43 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Not so much of a rant as it is an annoyance...got my annual anniversary of dad's death email from his lady friend of the last few years of his life.

Yeah, I know the day. Yeah, I remember. A couple years were spent tending to dad's needs prior to his death.

Geez...it's a mass email that goes out every year to everyone in the family. And there is always a reminder (helping of guilt) that she would love to hear from all of us.

My brother posted a picture on FB of dad when he was a very young man in the navy. That was a cool picture to share along with a couple others.

Maybe she's lonely?

I get that. We do keep in touch with her but I have a hard time with all conversations being about dad's death. She is a nice lady and really smart but it drags up a lot of hurt. You would think she would know that since she graduated with a psychology degree a couple years before dad died. It's just hard. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-03-2017, 07:19 PM
Gums are sore, jaw is sore after final temp crown - having temporary regrets on the dental work. It'll pass, though.

06-03-2017, 08:10 PM
Every gawdam siren in the whole fuckin county just went off. Huh

06-03-2017, 08:37 PM
(06-03-2017 08:10 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Every gawdam siren in the whole fuckin county just went off. Huh

Did Agent Orange push The Button ™ ? Dodgy ZBloody 'ell, get underground! Gasp There's a god-inspired spiral of death for some HOMOZ' activity 100 miles away comin' at you!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
06-03-2017, 09:00 PM
I heard it blow my back door open! But I ain't venturin upstairs! No

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
06-03-2017, 09:10 PM
(06-03-2017 08:10 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Every gawdam siren in the whole fuckin county just went off. Huh

Be careful, stay safe!

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
07-03-2017, 05:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2017 11:30 PM by Loom.)
I need to rant. My mom just invited me to go watch some 'Genesis' movie. She tried pandering with me by calling it a history documentary, knowing that I like informational documentarirs. I assumed she meant it was some kind of documentary on the history of the literature of the first book of the bible. I still said no, too tired and biblical history bored me.

Once she and my dad left, I decided to look up what it was really about.

And basically, it's a 'documentary' (hah) that caters to creationist bullshit.

I'm glad I spared my brain from that shitfest but Odin help me why do my patents accuse me of being close-minded when they go to see movies like this or God's not Dead, films that only pander to their already set beliefs and ideas on science and atheists, and refuse to read or acknowledge the opposition?!? And get upset when I try to explain the flaws that those movies present as truths?!? It's all Christian propoganda, why don't they fcking see that?!

I'm going to beat my gorram 'close-minded' head on the wall.

Edit: and now that I've calmed down (drawing a coyote while making snarly faces helped), I realise this isn't a huge deal. It did trigger my anxiety though D:<

I literally feel like the only 'sober' person in a car full of drunks!

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
07-03-2017, 11:48 PM
Applying for an apartment and being declined with no explanation as to why!

(yes we have pestered them about this with no answer)