Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
08-03-2017, 06:41 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(08-03-2017 06:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well after several attempts I finally got through to work. Saddly I got the cunt manager nobody (including the other managers) likes.
Tried to push me into coming to work despite being sick as a dog. Luckily I'm not a bitch like my coworkers so she can't guilt me into doing shit I don't wanna do. I do not give a flying fuck how short staffed you are. Zero fucks given. Zero. I already do way more shit for others at that place I aint coming into work sick as a dog just because you don't wanna make a phone call. Anyway, so guilting me into coming to work so she progressed to bullying and blatant lies. Luckily, as I said, I aint no punk ass bitch, and unlike my coworkers I know my rights and I've read my fucking contract.

Cunt Manager: "Well are you going to the doctors because you need to provide a medical certificate."
Me: "Are you paying for it?"
Cunt Manager: "No.. but if you're sick you need to provide one."
Me: "I understand that and I will provide one if you pay for it."
Cunt Manager: "Well actually it's not up to use, YOU need to provide us with a medical certificate"
Me: "Well actually (in a sarcastic tone) according to my employment contract and according to section 68 of the Holiday Act 2003, I only need to provide a medical certificate if I have been sick for 3 consecutive days. You may request one prior to that but it comes at your expense, so I ask again, are you paying for it? My doctor costs $78, you can either phone them and sort out the bill before I get there or you can just direct deposit my account what works best for you?"
Cunt Manager: "Oh.. ok nevermind, I'll let them know you wont be coming in today."

Get schooled bitch. I'm not in the union because I don't wanna pay the fees, I'm not in the union because I know my rights and can fight my own battles just fine.
[Image: rub-it-in-your-face-middle-finger-in-your-face.gif]

The sad thing is she probably uses this on my coworkers all the time who would just cave and do as she asks because they're not willing to stand up for themselves.
I see it all the time with management and other things, blatantly lying to staff about what that staff member can and cannot do. And they wonder why I wont "sacrifice" for the company (come in when they're short staffed even though I'm sick as a dog). Cunts.

Feel better Muffs.

I was going to say that I can't believe they'd make you get a doctor's note for just one day.

I worked for a place (blood sucking lawyers), that wouldn't pay sick time unless you called in two days in a row. So that's pretty much what I always did. Still didn't get paid for that first day....but sure as shit did get paid for the second. I even went to a doctor and got a note for two additional days once because they just pissed me off that much.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-03-2017, 06:56 PM
(08-03-2017 06:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 06:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well after several attempts I finally got through to work. Saddly I got the cunt manager nobody (including the other managers) likes.
Tried to push me into coming to work despite being sick as a dog. Luckily I'm not a bitch like my coworkers so she can't guilt me into doing shit I don't wanna do. I do not give a flying fuck how short staffed you are. Zero fucks given. Zero. I already do way more shit for others at that place I aint coming into work sick as a dog just because you don't wanna make a phone call. Anyway, so guilting me into coming to work so she progressed to bullying and blatant lies. Luckily, as I said, I aint no punk ass bitch, and unlike my coworkers I know my rights and I've read my fucking contract.

Cunt Manager: "Well are you going to the doctors because you need to provide a medical certificate."
Cunt Manager: "Well actually it's not up to use, YOU need to provide us with a medical certificate"
Me: "Well actually (in a sarcastic tone) according to my employment contract and according to section 68 of the Holiday Act 2003, I only need to provide a medical certificate if I have been sick for 3 consecutive days. You may request one prior to that but it comes at your expense, so I ask again, are you paying for it? My doctor costs $78, you can either phone them and sort out the bill before I get there or you can just direct deposit my account what works best for you?"
Cunt Manager: "Oh.. ok nevermind, I'll let them know you wont be coming in today."

Get schooled bitch. I'm not in the union because I don't wanna pay the fees, I'm not in the union because I know my rights and can fight my own battles just fine.

The sad thing is she probably uses this on my coworkers all the time who would just cave and do as she asks because they're not willing to stand up for themselves.
I see it all the time with management and other things, blatantly lying to staff about what that staff member can and cannot do. And they wonder why I wont "sacrifice" for the company (come in when they're short staffed even though I'm sick as a dog). Cunts.

Feel better Muffs.

I was going to say that I can't believe they'd make you get a doctor's note for just one day.

I worked for a place (blood sucking lawyers), that wouldn't pay sick time unless you called in two days in a row. So that's pretty much what I always did. Still didn't get paid for that first day....but sure as shit did get paid for the second. I even went to a doctor and got a note for two additional days once because they just pissed me off that much.

It's not even 'a' day, it's only a 4 hour shift.

Well that's bullshit. But you yanks do have some really fucked up employment laws so it's not surprising. Here companies are required by law to give you 5 days sick leave. And if you call in sick they have to pay you..

[Image: oscar.png]
08-03-2017, 08:24 PM
(08-03-2017 06:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(08-03-2017 06:41 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Feel better Muffs.

It's not even 'a' day, it's only a 4 hour shift.

Well that's bullshit. But you yanks do have some really fucked up employment laws so it's not surprising. Here companies are required by law to give you 5 days sick leave. And if you call in sick they have to pay you..

It varies. Lawyers are assholes tho...

They gave us 6 paid sick days...but they just didn't pay the first day you were sick...Only the second. Pretty sure everyone did what I did, called in two days in a row....

but I got good medical...that note from the doc only cost me a $5 copay.

08-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Made it through the tax hell.

Holy crap it was horrible. We got all MIL's tax documents but all the other stuff made us just about say fuck it. Trying to make sense of her "system".

The woman had bags of stuff...all tax stuff, mingling with crap. Then, she doesn't actually keep a checkbook register, and she had annoying habit of tearing out the check copy out of her checkbook.

So, I had no idea what she paid for some stuff. I did happened across her taxes from the previous year and learned that she paid for her dental insurance and then had to do fucking math to figure out the monthly total and then multiply that by the number of months I thought she paid it. (I figure she paid it through july). I stopped paying for it when she got sick, because she sure as shit wasn't going to the dentist.

And yet, I'm still paying the fucking cable bill at her house.

09-03-2017, 07:06 AM

I think I remember a few posts from you telling us all that you helped out by putting in extra time and how big your paychecks were because of it. You sacrifice on occasion.
09-03-2017, 04:34 PM
Muffs gave me his sick! Sad Can't cancel 3 classes tomorrow, so it's going to be a long day...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-03-2017, 04:42 PM
(08-03-2017 06:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  My doctor costs $78, ...

Thought you had free healthcare. My doc only costs me $20.

(08-03-2017 06:24 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Get schooled bitch. ... The sad thing is she probably uses this on my coworkers all the time who would just cave and do as she asks because they're not willing to stand up for themselves. I see it all the time with management and other things, blatantly lying to staff about what that staff member can and cannot do.

That would assume the first line supervisors have actually read the material. Unlikely is my bet. You keep this up and your gonna wind up middle management material my boy. And poof there goes all your global ambitions. Just another nameless faceless fatass inconsequential non-essential middle-aged middle-management puke waiting to retire, go senile, and die. You will be generously compensated though if that makes it sting any less. Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
09-03-2017, 06:59 PM
Laffy has bad taste regarding music. If I would let him play the tunes for my life, I would die from too much accustic-guitar stuff, played by millenial chicks, who don't know sh*t about real rock'n'roll.

And Laffy has only one teaching: Double-bind. If you're right, that's because you're wrong. If you're wrong, that because you're right. And nobody cares about that anyway. Nobody cares about anything real.

That's his teaching.

Big Grin
10-03-2017, 08:20 AM
"you need to clean up your office". Thanks Chair, I know. But all these papers scattered about are actually in organized piles I've graded. And this tissue on my desk next to me, you came in before I could throw it in the garbage. I'm sick as a dog right now, but I didn't call off...partially because a year later I'm still hearing how it was unprofessional of me to call off when I was in the hospital.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-03-2017, 01:01 PM
(10-03-2017 08:20 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  "you need to clean up your office".

A couple of years ago a colleague made a similar comment. I boxed up my entire office in front of him and took everything home. It's the cleanest office in the whole installation now. I like the Spartan look. And who the fuck needs books in this day and age anyway? Hadn't opened any of them in years. Think I'm gonna rip off some impoverished college kids on that used textbook website and deduct them as a charitable contribution. (I'm trying Mr. President, I really am.)

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post