Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-03-2017, 04:20 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-03-2017 02:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And yet again, Origin has crapped out on me so I can't play any of the games on my Irigin account despite them sitting installed in my drive. I could have sworn remembering tales the Origin wasn't a smouldering pile of shit, guess that was nothing but lies. Or I'm exceptionally unlucky or fucked everything up somehow.

Can Origin recognize a game or verify a cache after installation? If so, try to uninstall it completely, then reinstall and direct it to verify your installation directories. I know you can do this with Steam, not sure about Origin.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-03-2017, 04:30 AM
(17-03-2017 04:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 02:17 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  And yet again, Origin has crapped out on me so I can't play any of the games on my Irigin account despite them sitting installed in my drive. I could have sworn remembering tales the Origin wasn't a smouldering pile of shit, guess that was nothing but lies. Or I'm exceptionally unlucky or fucked everything up somehow.

Can Origin recognize a game or verify a cache after installation? If so, try to uninstall it completely, then reinstall and direct it to verify your installation directories. I know you can do this with Steam, not sure about Origin.

It wont let me log in. "Online login is currently unavailable".

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2017, 04:36 AM
(17-03-2017 04:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 04:20 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Can Origin recognize a game or verify a cache after installation? If so, try to uninstall it completely, then reinstall and direct it to verify your installation directories. I know you can do this with Steam, not sure about Origin.

It wont let me log in. "Online login is currently unavailable".

Maybe it's a regional thing? Like, their Pacific servers are down or being DDOS? I'll try logging in when I get home, will check back in an hour.

Have you tried access the Origin website? If it's anything like Steam, you can log into it from any browser, because the Origin and Steam storefronts are just elaborate HTML.

Also, assuming it is a region thing, here is the URL for the American Origin website if you want to test it.

https://www.origin.com/usa/en-us/store

17-03-2017, 04:54 AM
(17-03-2017 04:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 04:30 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  It wont let me log in. "Online login is currently unavailable".

Maybe it's a regional thing? Like, their Pacific servers are down or being DDOS? I'll try logging in when I get home, will check back in an hour.

Have you tried access the Origin website? If it's anything like Steam, you can log into it from any browser, because the Origin and Steam storefronts are just elaborate HTML.

Also, assuming it is a region thing, here is the URL for the American Origin website if you want to test it.

I can log into the website, but without being able to log into the launcher it means nothing

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
17-03-2017, 05:28 AM
(17-03-2017 04:54 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(17-03-2017 04:36 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Maybe it's a regional thing? Like, their Pacific servers are down or being DDOS? I'll try logging in when I get home, will check back in an hour.

I can log into the website, but without being able to log into the launcher it means nothing

I'm firing it up right now, and it's downloading a client update.

EDIT

And I logged in just fine.

Go nuclear FT, uninstall the client with CCleaner, clean up the registry, and try to reinstall?

17-03-2017, 05:44 AM
Also, can Mass Effect: Andromeda please not suck?

Please?

17-03-2017, 05:52 AM
Once upon a time there was a big Hooding Ride who sat on a tuffet and said, "Oh, Grandma, what big feet you have!" So they chopped off her head with a giant beanstalk and they lived happily ever after. The End."

And as Bill the Cat would say, "Ph-t-t-t-t-t-t!!!" Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Gwaithmir's post
17-03-2017, 05:53 AM
Reinstalled. Hopefully it didn't screw over my games...

17-03-2017, 05:53 AM
(16-03-2017 10:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 08:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg omg omg.

So, I'm sitting on the sofa, my man and our houseguest are watching a movie.

I'm on the sofa with his friend. Suddenly I get a whiff of an odor. I think maybe he farted...

It keeps getting worse and worse. The most foul smell like something rotting.

Like a rat trapped between the walls quickly decomposing.

The dude took his shoes off.

It's his fucking feet!

I needed to escape before I threw up on him.

Fuck!

My wife has a cousin who lives in Switzerland. She had a friend who would come over and remove his shoes while visiting. His feet stunk pretty badly, but her cat would go over and lick his feet clean! Hobo

Well, that is pretty nasty. Little bit of good news though. My new cat seems to prefer me over my wife. She comes out of hiding to visit for a good 15 minutes while I get ready for work. My wife doesn't see her until bedtime.
17-03-2017, 05:57 AM
(17-03-2017 05:53 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(16-03-2017 10:48 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My wife has a cousin who lives in Switzerland. She had a friend who would come over and remove his shoes while visiting. His feet stunk pretty badly, but her cat would go over and lick his feet clean! Hobo

Well, that is pretty nasty. Little bit of good news though. My new cat seems to prefer me over my wife. She comes out of hiding to visit for a good 15 minutes while I get ready for work. My wife doesn't see her until bedtime.

You might consider it nasty, I think it's amusing justice.
Case in point;

[Image: enhanced-buzz-23334-1309852850-0.jpg]
[Image: original-9333-1427129814-5.jpg]
[Image: What-s_In_A_Cat-s_Tongue.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post