Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-03-2017, 01:57 PM (This post was last modified: 17-03-2017 02:00 PM by kim.)
RE: Ranting corner
(16-03-2017 08:06 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Omg omg omg.

So, I'm sitting on the sofa, my man and our houseguest are watching a movie.

I'm on the sofa with his friend. Suddenly I get a whiff of an odor. I think maybe he farted...

It keeps getting worse and worse. The most foul smell like something rotting.

Like a rat trapped between the walls quickly decomposing.

The dude took his shoes off.

It's his fucking feet!

I needed to escape before I threw up on him.

Fuck!

I once kicked a guy out of my bed for this very reason. In fact, I banned him from my bed until he saw a doctor about his feet. NO sexy time for that guy.

The dumbass actually refused to go Dodgy for about a day.

He went and indeed, found out he had a fungus. The doctor gave him some kind of heavy duty, prescription strength fungicide which took care of it. He had no idea and was actually grateful I had been so forceful.

While he was at the doctor, I washed all his tennis shoes - two times! - and bleached most of, or just tossed his socks and got him new ones.

Tell your friend that you are concerned that his feet may be a signal of dire health issues and strongly suggest he see a doctor about it as soon as possible. If he refuses, go hard and advise him he'll never get laid with those shit smelling feet.

Do this, for the sake of humanity. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
19-03-2017, 09:34 AM
Came in to work to use the screen to watch a movie, after a lovely walk down by the lake. Saw on the public bulletin board a new thing, so while waiting for the elevator I went to read it. At first glance it looks interesting. An open forum of some sort, and only by glancing at the speakers do you realize it probably deals with human trafficking. Color me interested, all I do right now is give to an organization that fights it; this ad in particular wants students to come to this forum. Also color me interested, because I'd be willing to give extra credit for an event where they learn about the modern day slave trade and how big an issue it is. Sign even goes on to exclaim how this forum is aimed towards people who want to go into nursing and law enforcement; between the two, there's a non-insignificant number of my students. It's co-sponsored by one of the major local health chains and a group I've never heard of. Some of the speakers are from one place I've never heard of, one that deals with human trafficking in the metro area, and the local police department. Looking even better. You need to register online; fair enough.

Then I notice the third sponsor, in text that nearly matches the background color of the flier; a local Evangelical church with a 'cool' sounding name, that partially matches the title of this open forum. Like seriously, part of the church name is white, the second word of "church" is in blue on a blue background. I went to their website, they mention the forum and their annual 5k run against human trafficking, but nowhere on there does it mention they're affiliated with a church, except as one of the many sponsors. However the event is being held in their church auditorium.

Fuck you guys. This is classic bait and switch and dishonest; get everyone in there for an issue that needs to be addressed, and then inevitably proselytize. It's not like I'm even against proselytizing, if it's done honestly and people can tell you no. But to lure someone in under false pretenses of helping victims of the modern day slave trade and then hitting them with it in an environment where they can't just get up and leave without facing judgment from everyone else, that's fucking disgusting.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2017, 10:36 AM
(19-03-2017 09:34 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Came in to work to use the screen to watch a movie, after a lovely walk down by the lake. Saw on the public bulletin board a new thing, so while waiting for the elevator I went to read it. At first glance it looks interesting. An open forum of some sort, and only by glancing at the speakers do you realize it probably deals with human trafficking. Color me interested, all I do right now is give to an organization that fights it; this ad in particular wants students to come to this forum. Also color me interested, because I'd be willing to give extra credit for an event where they learn about the modern day slave trade and how big an issue it is. Sign even goes on to exclaim how this forum is aimed towards people who want to go into nursing and law enforcement; between the two, there's a non-insignificant number of my students. It's co-sponsored by one of the major local health chains and a group I've never heard of. Some of the speakers are from one place I've never heard of, one that deals with human trafficking in the metro area, and the local police department. Looking even better. You need to register online; fair enough.

Then I notice the third sponsor, in text that nearly matches the background color of the flier; a local Evangelical church with a 'cool' sounding name, that partially matches the title of this open forum. Like seriously, part of the church name is white, the second word of "church" is in blue on a blue background. I went to their website, they mention the forum and their annual 5k run against human trafficking, but nowhere on there does it mention they're affiliated with a church, except as one of the many sponsors. However the event is being held in their church auditorium.

Fuck you guys. This is classic bait and switch and dishonest; get everyone in there for an issue that needs to be addressed, and then inevitably proselytize. It's not like I'm even against proselytizing, if it's done honestly and people can tell you no. But to lure someone in under false pretenses of helping victims of the modern day slave trade and then hitting them with it in an environment where they can't just get up and leave without facing judgment from everyone else, that's fucking disgusting.

Almost all fundamentalist evangelical Baptist or assembly of god churches do things like this. How did you not know they are prone to this sort of behaviour ? Being sneaky / stealthy for Jesus© is justified in their eyes. Catholics tend not to do this so much, perhaps that's why you were unaware. Ditch the god bothering and join us in unholy communion mate you know it makes sense. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
19-03-2017, 03:42 PM
(19-03-2017 09:34 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Came in to work to use the screen to watch a movie, after a lovely walk down by the lake. Saw on the public bulletin board a new thing, so while waiting for the elevator I went to read it. At first glance it looks interesting. An open forum of some sort, and only by glancing at the speakers do you realize it probably deals with human trafficking. Color me interested, all I do right now is give to an organization that fights it; this ad in particular wants students to come to this forum. Also color me interested, because I'd be willing to give extra credit for an event where they learn about the modern day slave trade and how big an issue it is. Sign even goes on to exclaim how this forum is aimed towards people who want to go into nursing and law enforcement; between the two, there's a non-insignificant number of my students. It's co-sponsored by one of the major local health chains and a group I've never heard of. Some of the speakers are from one place I've never heard of, one that deals with human trafficking in the metro area, and the local police department. Looking even better. You need to register online; fair enough.

I'm afraid it is ubiquitous. I sometimes just walk away, sometimes not. I often feel strongly manipulated into becoming infuriated.
I am atheist but I'm not angry. These are not mutually exclusive.

The more this is encountered and accepted, the more infuriating it can become.

Does this shed any light on the so-called angry atheist, Shai? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
19-03-2017, 05:16 PM
(19-03-2017 10:36 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Almost all fundamentalist evangelical Baptist or assembly of god churches do things like this. How did you not know they are prone to this sort of behaviour ? Being sneaky / stealthy for Jesus© is justified in their eyes. Catholics tend not to do this so much, perhaps that's why you were unaware. Ditch the god bothering and join us in unholy communion mate you know it makes sense. Big Grin
Back when I was a Baptist, my church didn't use this sort of misdirection, so I guess it's just one of those things I intellectually knew happened, but is so disgusting to see in person. The stealthiness does bug me though. (Also I loathe a similar topic: flirt to convert. One of my exes had a best friend who was doing it.) No unholy communion today, but thanks for the offer mate. Tongue

(19-03-2017 03:42 PM)kim Wrote:  I'm afraid it is ubiquitous. I sometimes just walk away, sometimes not. I often feel strongly manipulated into becoming infuriated.
I am atheist but I'm not angry. These are not mutually exclusive.

The more this is encountered and accepted, the more infuriating it can become.

Does this shed any light on the so-called angry atheist, Shai? Shy
Oh definitely, there are very few people here who I would even think would be a bit of an angry bent. Though in this case, I do feel infuriated on people's behalf. And it does to an extent shine light on the stereotype, though found myself feeling that affinity during the Winter session when showing two videos during our 'cult' unit from the American Atheist National Convention about growing up in and leaving a cult, and the first two comments by students were, "I don't understand why atheists like this woman are so angry" and "I would beat the atheism out of my kid".

[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
19-03-2017, 05:23 PM
(19-03-2017 05:16 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh definitely, there are very few people here who I would even think would be a bit of an angry bent. Though in this case, I do feel infuriated on people's behalf. And it does to an extent shine light on the stereotype, though found myself feeling that affinity during the Winter session when showing two videos during our 'cult' unit from the American Atheist National Convention about growing up in and leaving a cult, and the first two comments by students were, "I don't understand why atheists like this woman are so angry" and "I would beat the atheism out of my kid".

The quote I've bolded, sickens me beyond anything I can express. Undecided

[+] 2 users Like kim's post
19-03-2017, 05:30 PM
(19-03-2017 05:23 PM)kim Wrote:  
(19-03-2017 05:16 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Oh definitely, there are very few people here who I would even think would be a bit of an angry bent. Though in this case, I do feel infuriated on people's behalf. And it does to an extent shine light on the stereotype, though found myself feeling that affinity during the Winter session when showing two videos during our 'cult' unit from the American Atheist National Convention about growing up in and leaving a cult, and the first two comments by students were, "I don't understand why atheists like this woman are so angry" and "I would beat the atheism out of my kid".

The quote I've bolded, sickens me beyond anything I can express. Undecided

It did me too. It was an awkward conversation to steer it from that to something else...I just wanted to walk out at that. (And hope that guy has no kid.)

[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
19-03-2017, 06:37 PM
I just encountered the first mosquito of the year. Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
19-03-2017, 06:56 PM
(19-03-2017 06:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I just encountered the first mosquito of the year. Dodgy

We didn't ever have a 'last' one...it's been so warm here the little bastards didn't die. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-03-2017, 07:01 PM
(19-03-2017 06:37 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  I just encountered the first mosquito of the year. Dodgy

I've been finding them in the maple sap for almost a month....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post