Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-03-2017, 04:07 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I'll spare y'all every last detail of my so-far shitty day, but this was one of the things that agitated me the most. Got a girl at work here and she's got this spreadsheet she uses that automatically totals up the number of applications she's worked on each day.

Well, she messed it up. She deleted out the SUM function in the Excel spreadsheet but couldn't understand why it wasn't automatically adding things up for her. >.> So at first I tried to just guide her through and because there was no way I was going to attempt explaining to her how to re-do the SUM function, I just had her hit the undo button several times, hoping that her having deleted the function was still able to be undone. She had no idea what the "undo" button was Facepalm and well, when I was able to get her to do that, it fixed one of the cells whose function had been deleted, but the other was not retrievable in that fashion.

Again, no way I was even going to attempt to explain this to her so I just took over and re-entered the formula into the cell so it'd work for her again. It'll be messed up again in a week, I promise you. >.>

And then later in the day she called me over about another issue that comes up and she is convinced she is doing something wrong. Well in this case, I don't actually think she is doing anything wrong EXCEPT THAT SHE KEEPS REPEATING OVER AND OVER THAT SHE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG. The only thing wrong is that you have this problem 500 times in a month and you always think you have done something and I say that no you haven't, at least I don't think you have, but you still say it every damn time. And yes, just like last time and the time before that and the time before that, I cannot fix it. You just have to close out of the browser and come back in. That resets it. Sorry that I can't be of more help but if you need more help, go to, oh I don't know.. IT?? 'Cause I ain't fuckin' IT, okay? If I am, I sure ain't getting paid enough. Facepalm

Didn't know what the "undo" button was, for christ's sakes. Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Escape Artist's post
20-03-2017, 04:11 PM
But nooo they don't want to go to IT because they hate that we have to submit a "ticket" online. They whine "Why can't we just pick up the phone and call" and it doesn't matter how many times I've told them that they want us to use the ticket system to keep track of the types of problems they fix or this, that, and the other they still whine about having to enter them. It's not that goddamn hard people. And why the hell does someone prefer to talk to a real person over just being able to submit something w/o having to deal with people? I don't understand it. I am just not wired that way. Get a person on the phone and they may sit there and chat with you forever and that gets irritating for the socially wayward person such as myself.

20-03-2017, 04:13 PM
Oh, and I cannot pretend to gush over babies that people keep bringing up here to work. Yes, they're cute, but I've got shit to do. I can't goo and gaa at your kid for half an hour. I've been there and done that. The baby days are over for me. -__-

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
20-03-2017, 04:22 PM
(20-03-2017 04:07 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'll spare y'all every last detail of my so-far shitty day, but this was one of the things that agitated me the most. Got a girl at work here and she's got this spreadsheet she uses that automatically totals up the number of applications she's worked on each day.

Well, she messed it up. She deleted out the SUM function in the Excel spreadsheet but couldn't understand why it wasn't automatically adding things up for her. >.> So at first I tried to just guide her through and because there was no way I was going to attempt explaining to her how to re-do the SUM function, I just had her hit the undo button several times, hoping that her having deleted the function was still able to be undone. She had no idea what the "undo" button was Facepalm and well, when I was able to get her to do that, it fixed one of the cells whose function had been deleted, but the other was not retrievable in that fashion.

Again, no way I was even going to attempt to explain this to her so I just took over and re-entered the formula into the cell so it'd work for her again. It'll be messed up again in a week, I promise you. >.>

And then later in the day she called me over about another issue that comes up and she is convinced she is doing something wrong. Well in this case, I don't actually think she is doing anything wrong EXCEPT THAT SHE KEEPS REPEATING OVER AND OVER THAT SHE MUST HAVE DONE SOMETHING WRONG. The only thing wrong is that you have this problem 500 times in a month and you always think you have done something and I say that no you haven't, at least I don't think you have, but you still say it every damn time. And yes, just like last time and the time before that and the time before that, I cannot fix it. You just have to close out of the browser and come back in. That resets it. Sorry that I can't be of more help but if you need more help, go to, oh I don't know.. IT?? 'Cause I ain't fuckin' IT, okay? If I am, I sure ain't getting paid enough. Facepalm

Just repeat after me!

Tomorrow is not Monday, tomorrow is not Monday, tomorrow is not Monday Tongue
Hug

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
20-03-2017, 04:27 PM
(20-03-2017 04:07 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I'll spare y'all every last detail of my so-far shitty day, but this was one of the things that agitated me the most. Got a girl at work here and she's got this spreadsheet she uses that automatically totals up the number of applications she's worked on each day.

My new boss was nearly giddy when he found out that I am familiar with the 'data/sort' capabilities of Excel. Good lord who were they hiring that claimed to be bookkeepers. Facepalm I thought he was going to faint when he found out that I also have mastered the very advanced process of 'freeze panes'. Sheesh.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
20-03-2017, 06:51 PM
(20-03-2017 04:27 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

My new boss was nearly giddy when he found out that I am familiar with the 'data/sort' capabilities of Excel. Good lord who were they hiring that claimed to be bookkeepers. Facepalm I thought he was going to faint when he found out that I also have mastered the very advanced process of 'freeze panes'. Sheesh.

CTRL Z is your Best Friend, sometimes. And then-

Big Grin

20-03-2017, 10:19 PM
So I think my stressful day resulted in me tensing my stomach up all day without realizing it so now my tummy hurts. Dang stress. Sad

20-03-2017, 11:02 PM
(20-03-2017 10:19 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So I think my stressful day resulted in me tensing my stomach up all day without realizing it so now my tummy hurts. Dang stress. Sad

Sadcryface

Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
21-03-2017, 04:11 AM
Local news posted on Facebook about Michigan's new campaign to inform people on the truth about vaccines and the anti-vaccine people are coming out in force. Fucking idiots. Anyone who does not have a valid reason (like a severe allergy) to vaccinate their kids and fail to do so should be charged with a felony.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
21-03-2017, 04:25 AM
It's. Too. Early.

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post