Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-03-2017, 07:38 AM
RE: Ranting corner
So my supervisor got the sack today. I've never said "oh no" so sarcastically to someone before in my life. Purely didn't mean for it to come out that way, just all I heard is "so supervisor role has opened up" and kinda got excited.
It's the perfect role for me. Its 4 days a week (including 1 I already work), people respect me and listen to me, there's no one else better suited for the role, my bosses have made flattering comments on my work ethic recently. It's a natural progression for me to move into that role.

Uuuuuntil I thought about it some more. "Wait Muffs, you want the position, it's the perfect position for you, you're the only one that can move into that position. No fucking way in hell you're getting that position". And you know what, I'm 100% correct. There is absolutely 0 chance I will get that position for all the reasons stated. It makes sense and when it makes sense the opposite happens. It would be perfect for me, it would solve my only working part time and need of full time work problem which solves my money problem which solves my stuck in a rut life wasting away life being ruined by wasting away stagnation not getting anything done and feeling depressed at how completely shit at how my life has turned out feeling it would just be easier to jump off a fucking bridge or some shit because nothing is ever gonna change and Im going to die a poor miserable asshole with having not achieved anything of any note in his entire self loathing miserable excuse for a life except managing to hide behind countless layers of dark humor sarcasm and puns. It would solve all that, not to mention the financial security should my flatmates up and leave, and for THAT reason, I will not get that position. No matter what I do.

Because if life has taught me anything it is that you can only ever rely on yourself and I, myself, am a lazy asshole who's not really deserving of much success to be perfectly frank with you so for success to be nudged slightly my way sure as shit aint gonna happen when I'm not even the one in control of the nudging.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-03-2017, 07:46 AM
(21-03-2017 07:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So my supervisor got the sack today. I've never said "oh no" so sarcastically to someone before in my life. Purely didn't mean for it to come out that way, just all I heard is "so supervisor role has opened up" and kinda got excited.
It's the perfect role for me. Its 4 days a week (including 1 I already work), people respect me and listen to me, there's no one else better suited for the role, my bosses have made flattering comments on my work ethic recently. It's a natural progression for me to move into that role.

Uuuuuntil I thought about it some more. "Wait Muffs, you want the position, it's the perfect position for you, you're the only one that can move into that position. No fucking way in hell you're getting that position". And you know what, I'm 100% correct. There is absolutely 0 chance I will get that position for all the reasons stated. It makes sense and when it makes sense the opposite happens. It would be perfect for me, it would solve my only working part time and need of full time work problem which solves my money problem which solves my stuck in a rut life wasting away life being ruined by wasting away stagnation not getting anything done and feeling depressed at how completely shit at how my life has turned out feeling it would just be easier to jump off a fucking bridge or some shit because nothing is ever gonna change and Im going to die a poor miserable asshole with having not achieved anything of any note in his entire self loathing miserable excuse for a life except managing to hide behind countless layers of dark humor sarcasm and puns. It would solve all that, not to mention the financial security should my flatmates up and leave, and for THAT reason, I will not get that position. No matter what I do.

Because if life has taught me anything it is that you can only ever rely on yourself and I, myself, am a lazy asshole who's not really deserving of much success to be perfectly frank with you so for success to be nudged slightly my way sure as shit aint gonna happen when I'm not even the one in control of the nudging.

I hope to fuck you're applying for it. All that bullshit aside.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
21-03-2017, 08:08 AM
Yea - put in for it.
Fuck the second guessing - you need the practice in selling your self to the idiot in front of you.
You need more data input for your world domination file.
Do it. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-03-2017, 11:55 AM
On Spring Break, but here's an email exchange with names removed.

Secretary: hey it turns out Disability Services has a cover form you have to fill out now before students take the test in the library you're required to allow them extra time for.

Me: Thanks [name], no one had told me. Maybe I just missed an email; really do need to check that Clutter folder they implemented.

Secretary: You didn't. They didn't bother telling anyone and just yelled at [name] when he didn't include the cover letter for next week.

Me: ...oh that's nice. I had an email from them this morning asking if a student was really taking a test with them on Monday and they didn't even bother mentioning it either.

Seriously, if you're going to require new paperwork that impacts the entire faculty possibly, email people about it, don't just yell at them and then tell them about it, like happened to one of our adjuncts

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
21-03-2017, 01:08 PM
(21-03-2017 11:55 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  On Spring Break, but here's an email exchange with names removed.

Secretary: hey it turns out Disability Services has a cover form you have to fill out now before students take the test in the library you're required to allow them extra time for.

Me: Thanks [name], no one had told me. Maybe I just missed an email; really do need to check that Clutter folder they implemented.

Secretary: You didn't. They didn't bother telling anyone and just yelled at [name] when he didn't include the cover letter for next week.

Me: ...oh that's nice. I had an email from them this morning asking if a student was really taking a test with them on Monday and they didn't even bother mentioning it either.

Seriously, if you're going to require new paperwork that impacts the entire faculty possibly, email people about it, don't just yell at them and then tell them about it, like happened to one of our adjuncts

This is ancient history, but your post reminds of the time I played in a co-ed softball league and got called out after sliding into second base and clearly beating the tag. I got up to argue and the umpire informed me that sliding was illegal -- never mind whether or not I was tagged. I wanted to ask "Are there any other bizarre rules I should know about?" I had been playing baseball and/or softball for years, and never heard of a variant where you weren't allowed to slide.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
21-03-2017, 01:54 PM
(21-03-2017 01:08 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 11:55 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  On Spring Break, but here's an email exchange with names removed.

This is ancient history, but your post reminds of the time I played in a co-ed softball league and got called out after sliding into second base and clearly beating the tag. I got up to argue and the umpire informed me that sliding was illegal -- never mind whether or not I was tagged. I wanted to ask "Are there any other bizarre rules I should know about?" I had been playing baseball and/or softball for years, and never heard of a variant where you weren't allowed to slide.

I've never heard of such a thing either! Weird that they wouldn't have mentioned it before, but agreed, it gels well with this weird instance too.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-03-2017, 04:39 PM
(21-03-2017 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 07:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So my supervisor got the sack today. I've never said "oh no" so sarcastically to someone before in my life. Purely didn't mean for it to come out that way, just all I heard is "so supervisor role has opened up" and kinda got excited.

I hope to fuck you're applying for it. All that bullshit aside.

Of course. You gotta be in it to win it.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
21-03-2017, 05:05 PM
(21-03-2017 04:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 07:46 AM)morondog Wrote:  I hope to fuck you're applying for it. All that bullshit aside.

Of course. You gotta be in it to win it.

Perhaps some of us could write you a letter of recommendation outlining your superior people skills and drive to succeed.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
21-03-2017, 05:54 PM
So, two little girls came to our door looking for a "spare change" donation. They read from a sheet of paper where the money goes; (to their school which gives it to the county) and how it's used; animal shelters, meals on wheels and stuff like that...

They were adorable and read really well, so I went in my purse, but didn't have a lot of change there, so I went to the laundry tip jar upstairs, which is a mason jar and less than half full...about a quarter of it...or so...mostly pennies.

The look on their faces was priceless. I told them them this was my laundry tip jar, collected from the pocket change that usually ends up going through the washing machine.

They were thrilled and asked, "are you sure you want to donate it all?"

"There must be almost $18 in there!" the other squealed. (probably very good estimate).

Sure, I told them as I dumped it into their bags...

I know the jar when filled completely holds about $80 bucks and if it were close to that full, I probably wouldn't have been so generous and just gave them the little amount in my purse.

But again, it also puts off my coin rolling -- which I hate.

(lately my family has gotten hip to the scheme so there's been less and less going through the wash)

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-03-2017, 06:15 PM
(21-03-2017 07:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... which solves my stuck in a rut life wasting away life being ruined by wasting away stagnation not getting anything done and feeling depressed at how completely shit at how my life has turned out feeling it would just be easier to jump off a fucking bridge or some shit because nothing is ever gonna change and Im going to die a poor miserable asshole with having not achieved anything of any note in his entire self loathing miserable excuse for a life except managing to hide behind countless layers of dark humor sarcasm and puns.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

#sigh