Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-03-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-03-2017 05:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, two little girls came to our door looking for a "spare change" donation. They read from a sheet of paper where the money goes; (to their school which gives it to the county) and how it's used; animal shelters, meals on wheels and stuff like that...

They were adorable and read really well, so I went in my purse, but didn't have a lot of change there, so I went to the laundry tip jar upstairs, which is a mason jar and less than half full...about a quarter of it...or so...mostly pennies.

The look on their faces was priceless. I told them them this was my laundry tip jar, collected from the pocket change that usually ends up going through the washing machine.

They were thrilled and asked, "are you sure you want to donate it all?"

"There must be almost $18 in there!" the other squealed. (probably very good estimate).

Sure, I told them as I dumped it into their bags...

I know the jar when filled completely holds about $80 bucks and if it were close to that full, I probably wouldn't have been so generous and just gave them the little amount in my purse.

But again, it also puts off my coin rolling -- which I hate.

(lately my family has gotten hip to the scheme so there's been less and less going through the wash)

You gave those poor little girls a sack of money and then they had to carry it around until they got home? Laugh out load They'll develop strength and endurance!

I'm not going to delve into the money laundering aspect, though... Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
21-03-2017, 10:03 PM
I have once again made the mortal error of commenting on Facebook. Fucking cesspool of assholes.

21-03-2017, 10:19 PM
(21-03-2017 06:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 05:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, two little girls came to our door looking for a "spare change" donation. They read from a sheet of paper where the money goes; (to their school which gives it to the county) and how it's used; animal shelters, meals on wheels and stuff like that...

They were adorable and read really well, so I went in my purse, but didn't have a lot of change there, so I went to the laundry tip jar upstairs, which is a mason jar and less than half full...about a quarter of it...or so...mostly pennies.

The look on their faces was priceless. I told them them this was my laundry tip jar, collected from the pocket change that usually ends up going through the washing machine.

They were thrilled and asked, "are you sure you want to donate it all?"

"There must be almost $18 in there!" the other squealed. (probably very good estimate).

Sure, I told them as I dumped it into their bags...

I know the jar when filled completely holds about $80 bucks and if it were close to that full, I probably wouldn't have been so generous and just gave them the little amount in my purse.

But again, it also puts off my coin rolling -- which I hate.

(lately my family has gotten hip to the scheme so there's been less and less going through the wash)

You gave those poor little girls a sack of money and then they had to carry it around until they got home? Laugh out load They'll develop strength and endurance!

I'm not going to delve into the money laundering aspect, though... Tongue

I did, they lived waaaay up the hill too...I just hope no other kids hit me up because I don't really have anymore that I can give away. *I'm not swiping husband's coin collections*.

My husband used to leave money in his pants pockets all the time. Once, he left a $100 in it and I kept it.

While asleep he used to be able to tell me down to the dollar what he had in his wallet and pants. It's true, I used to ask him. He would say, he had "a hundred folded up in the secret pocket, six twenties, three tens.." Once he said he had four twenties and he really had 5, so I took one and he never knew it. Now he rarely carries cash just uses the ATM card....

I called that shit long ago, if it goes through the wash it becomes my tip. The jar actually has a note card taped to it that reads, "laundry tip jar".

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-03-2017, 04:55 AM
(21-03-2017 06:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-03-2017 07:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  ... which solves my stuck in a rut life wasting away life being ruined by wasting away stagnation not getting anything done and feeling depressed at how completely shit at how my life has turned out feeling it would just be easier to jump off a fucking bridge or some shit because nothing is ever gonna change and Im going to die a poor miserable asshole with having not achieved anything of any note in his entire self loathing miserable excuse for a life except managing to hide behind countless layers of dark humor sarcasm and puns.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

No I didn't, you just read it like I said it like it was a bad thing when I said no such thing.

[Image: oscar.png]
22-03-2017, 05:12 AM
(21-03-2017 10:03 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I have once again made the mortal error of commenting on Facebook. Fucking cesspool of assholes.

Hey! I resemble that remark!

living word
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
22-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Fuck today. Dad should have turned 60 today but he never will.

23-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Brought another watch. The collection grows!
Couldn't afford the $8,000 Rolex submariner so will have to settle for the cheap knock off.

[Image: HTB1cc_RMXXXXXXWaXXXq6xXFXXXW.jpg?size=1...6f9b17023b]

Up to 5 watches (though I'm gonna sell one because I've changed my mind about it and it only cost me $0.60 so if I can sell it for like $15-20 or hell, even $5, I'm not complaining.)
and 13 nato straps now. I wanna get 52 straps so I can wear a different one each week. Than when I'm a billionaire I'll get 365 straps and the $8,000 Rolex.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-03-2017, 07:31 PM
(23-03-2017 07:27 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Brought another watch. The collection grows!
Couldn't afford the $8,000 Rolex submariner so will have to settle for the cheap knock off.

[Image: HTB1cc_RMXXXXXXWaXXXq6xXFXXXW.jpg?size=1...6f9b17023b]

Up to 5 watches (though I'm gonna sell one because I've changed my mind about it and it only cost me $0.60 so if I can sell it for like $15-20 or hell, even $5, I'm not complaining.)
and 13 nato straps now. I wanna get 52 straps so I can wear a different one each week. Than when I'm a billionaire I'll get 365 straps and the $8,000 Rolex.

When you're a billionaire you can buy the whole Rolex company....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-03-2017, 02:00 PM
How fucking hard is it to answer a phone properly?

If I'm returning a call from a doctor's office, don't answer the phone with "system solutions." that makes me feel that I'm calling a company for internet help.

Fucking stupid asshole, I know I dialed right because my phone says that I called the same fucking number three times.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

24-03-2017, 02:23 PM
Back to strength training after a couple of weeks without, plus too much flute: my left shoulder hurts all the way down to the elbow. Censored Ow ow ow ow.