Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-03-2017, 04:11 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(24-03-2017 02:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How fucking hard is it to answer a phone properly?

If I'm returning a call from a doctor's office, don't answer the phone with "system solutions." that makes me feel that I'm calling a company for internet help.

Fucking stupid asshole, I know I dialed right because my phone says that I called the same fucking number three times.

"Jim's brothel, you got the doe we got the hoe. Jim speaking."

You know you're old when your parents are going overseas for a holiday and you're not invited.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-03-2017, 04:31 PM
(24-03-2017 02:00 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  How fucking hard is it to answer a phone properly?

If I'm returning a call from a doctor's office, don't answer the phone with "system solutions." that makes me feel that I'm calling a company for internet help.

Fucking stupid asshole, I know I dialed right because my phone says that I called the same fucking number three times.

I am so excited when I actually reach a person that I nearly forget what the hell I called for.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-03-2017, 01:53 PM
For goodness sake. Posted a link from Friendly Atheist to Friends, instead of the normal List I use on Facebook, within minutes it's being decried by a minister as an impure source that can't be trusted (Heaven forbid one click the link and watch the video of Pat Robertson saying what Hemhet says he said.) An Evangelical youth minister also shared it, after seeing it on mine, and mentioned how he's a false prophet. His friend's list goes total craziness on it. Some select quotes:

Quote:Gentle words bring forth life and health...kind words are like honey sweet to the soul. Let's give the same grace that God gives to us. As Chrisitans [sic], critical, harsh, unyielding judgment does not become us. Have any idea how many people have been saved, healed, and fed through this ministry? Hundreds of thousands, I bet. I got my Master's Degree from Regent...wonderful school. You can't have sweet and bitter water coming out of the same fountain. Let's speak words of life even when people make mistakes.

Quote: It is easy to speak words of life when we think people deserve it...harder when we think they are wrong. All self appointed "false prophet" scouts feel they are protecting the flock. You have a higher calling!

Quote:Since Pat is the founder of the ministry, I am sure it is hard for them to ask him to step down as he is getting less accurate in his thinking. We can all see that [name] Here is man who has dedicated his life for the gospel. Let the younger generation honor and respect and see the massive good he has done. He is 87 years old and doesn't claim to be a prophet...he shares what he believes God is saying to him. My mom has dementia...requires lots of patience and mercy. Let those who are close to him deal with his mistakes gently. I didn't feel protected when I read your post...just sad that someone in the next generation is picking up the mantle of pointing out the failures of others. When you miss the mark, you will appreciate those who walk in the way of love and forgiveness and grace and restoration. You can have the last word on this, because I am going to work on something else. But, when you see Pat in heaven realize...God forgives.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-03-2017, 01:56 PM
(24-03-2017 04:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ---
You know you're old when your parents are going overseas for a holiday and you're not invited.
Where are they going?
Did they tell you - will they be sending you a postcard, at least? Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
25-03-2017, 03:24 PM
I've got a radio in the kitchen! I can listen to the local (commercial free) jazz and classical stations to my heart's content.

It also can play cd's and has an iPod jack thing that fits my older generation iPod nano.

Yay for me! Before acquiring it, if I wanted to hear music I had to turn on the home theater and hook up my iPod. I missed just having music on.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-03-2017, 04:43 PM
PSA

Mr clean magic earasers will take the paint off a wooden painted toilet seat.

You've been warned.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-03-2017, 05:14 PM
(25-03-2017 04:43 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  PSA

Mr clean magic earasers will take the paint off a wooden painted toilet seat.

You've been warned.

I doubt your ass will care Laugh out load Tongue
25-03-2017, 05:35 PM
(25-03-2017 01:56 PM)kim Wrote:  
Where are they going?

Of course they told me, how else would they rub it in? Tongue

New Caledonia.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-03-2017, 05:43 PM
(25-03-2017 03:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've got a radio in the kitchen! I can listen to the local (commercial free) jazz and classical stations to my heart's content.

It also can play cd's and has an iPod jack thing that fits my older generation iPod nano.

Yay for me! Before acquiring it, if I wanted to hear music I had to turn on the home theater and hook up my iPod. I missed just having music on.

Rants aren't what they used to be.
Consider

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
25-03-2017, 05:43 PM
(25-03-2017 01:56 PM)kim Wrote:  
Where are they going?

We're going to Paris in May (just for four days). My son is staying home to watch the cat. Postcards? We'll see...

We will probably be going to Montreal as a family this summer, though.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post